Litchi Way-points Help Please

Reaction score
Hi all New to the forum but have been flying for a over a year now. Tried Litchi way-points for the first time last night. Started in P mode to make sure the compass was calibrated then moved to F mode and flew up close to my first way-points altitude. I then engaged the mission with out issue. ( This mission will take the unit out of radio contact but was confident based on all that I read that it would finish the mission). first way-point was a success and then the signal started to drop and I did not panic as the GPS map still showed the unit moving toward the destination. after about 30-40 sec's of no signal of picture I walked up m,y stairs a bit and the image popped back on with a weak signal. The unit was now hovering after but not RTH or completing the mission. So i jumped in the car and drove over to where the last image I saw was. Long story short i got the unit back after it auto landed it self from a low battery and driving around looking in peoples yards.

I do not recall pressing anything or changing anything after the signal loss, i am wondering why the unti would not have completed the mission and come home... any thoughts ?

I have flight logs and data in Excel form if anyone wants to take a crack. I am hoping it was glitch as i want to try a long distance mission again.

Thanks
Dan

Check the final action at the last waypoint. Was it set to "Hover"?

Reactions: Pharm
Verify what Fly Dawg said, then try it again. If it repeats, get back to us.

Other thoughts: How far away was the last waypoint? What was the setting for the final action (via Fly Dawg's question)? I always set my first waypoint close to me, then set my final action to "return to first waypoint ".

@Pharm Putting the last waypoint close to you works too!;)

Check the final action at the last way-point. Was it set to "Hover"?
Thanks for replying... the final action at the last way-point was set to back to first waypoint. This should have been after the mission and when it returned home though.. thoughts ?

Last edited:
Other thoughts: How far away was the last waypoint? What was the setting for the final action (via Fly Dawg's question)? I always set my first waypoint close to me, then set my final action to "return to first waypoint ".
The last way-point was set like 4 feet from the first so the unit would have flown a full "loop"

The last way-point was set like 4 feet from the first so the unit would have flown a full "loop"
4 Feet? If I am not mistaken, waypoints cannot be that close together. How many waypoints did you have and how were they configured? Generally when something like you stated occurs is a mission planning error.

4 feet, 400 feet, your looking for a crash. :eek:

Link not working for me, make sure its not private, to test if works open the link with another computer or browser not signed in to Litchi.

Rod

Waypoint #2, curve size 953ft??? Error! I think. You should have set the flight for straight lines insted of curves in this scenario.

Also, you are very close to an airport there at waypoint 3 and 4, GEO Fencing maybe?

Also, you are very close to an airport there at waypoint 3 and 4, GEO Fencing maybe?

Thanks those are good observations. May i ask where you see the curve of 900 feet ? i might be missing it ?
I am going to build a mission via the Hub and post it up... would you mind taking a look and letting me know what you think ?

Waypoint 2 per Mission Hub, look at the curve size.
waypoint.JPG

Reactions: danwchabot
Thanks for replying... the final action at the last way-point was set to back to first waypoint. This should have been after the mission and when it returned home though.. thoughts ?
I'm still thinking....got nothing for you yet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1