Litchi way point 26000ft one way flight

Reaction score
Hi Guys

New around here, go easy. I'm trying to do do a 26,000ft one way mission on the litchi app. I have done this distance before but with RTH as the final stop. Every time I try to upload the mission I get a message that's says the distance between WPNT 1 and 2 is two large even though I have multiple way points at the same distance. Again,any help is appreciated and I'm sorry if this is something very basic.

Welcome to the forum!

Share you mission, and what you are using Phantom, Mobile Device, Details. ;)

Rod

Welcome to the forum!

Share you mission, and what you are using Phantom, Mobile Device, Details. ;)

Rod

Hi !

I'm using a phantom 3 standard with a iPhone 7 plus.
I have attached the mission, cheers

Attachments

• IMG_6516.PNG
    IMG_6516.PNG
    4.6 MB · Views: 538
You gave us a picture of a mission, I posted a mission that anybody could use or modify,
I looked at your picture again, It appears to a picture of a mission, not a mission. ;)

Rod

That's a fair distance and your flight time indicates 15 mins which doesn't allow for any actions (if you have set any) and wind factors. You can set a maximum of 99 WPs with no more than 2000mtrs between them. If you are having trouble with loading the mission with that error you are seeing, try adding additional WPs and use curved lines with no actions so that the drone flies without pausing.
Personally I'd be a little worried about flying that distance without some margin of error on a one way trip.

Thanks for that, I know it's right on the edge but I really want to try it. I don't have any actions loaded in just a straight flight there. I have done 26,000ft (total) return journeys as a test and they went fine, even came back with 30% bat in one of them.
Ok so if I just add more way points it should get rid of that message about total distance between 1-2 too far? I'll also make it's curved lines, didn't realise straight lines made it pause?

Thanks for that, I know it's right on the edge but I really want to try it. I don't have any actions loaded in just a straight flight there. I have done 26,000ft (total) return journeys as a test and they went fine, even came back with 30% bat in one of them.
Ok so if I just add more way points it should get rid of that message about total distance between 1-2 too far? I'll also make it's curved lines, didn't realise straight lines made it pause?
Try adding a couple of extra WPs to start with and try loading it. With straight lines, the drone wilł slow down and then accelerate to and from each WP. With a curved line (30 degrees for example), the drone never actually reaches the WP and will continue at whatever speed you have set, saving you battery use. I have done many missions of about 15000 ' with the last WP being relatively close to my HP so that I can abort the mission if need be and take control. Good luck!

Thank you I'll give it a try. I'm also being told to check the "map safe radius" in the settings but I can't see that option anywhere?

@tevek

@Richjones19772000
"map safe radius"
Sorry I don't know that one. ;)

"You've lost me ??"
If you create a mission, then share it like this link.
Mission Hub - Litchi

We can view the mission for details, we can modify the mission and post / share it, it is part of our account then, not yours. We cannot over wright the original mission on your account (hub).

If you open my mission you can modify it. If you save it will be on your account (hub).

I learned a lot about Litchi missions do's and don't s from this thread. He tried to sent it to his brothers house.
Litchi Mission Lost Phantom

Stay away from trees they usually win in a fight. ;)

Rod

Mission Hub - Litchi

This is just the basic outline of the flight. Doesn't look like its going to be possible though. Also I was planning a route over which would avoid the houses estate and fly mostly over woodlands. As I said this just the basic outline of the mission and distance

The mission won't load with two WPs that far apart (max 2000m between each of them), try adding additional WPs and increase your speed to 50kph. I adjusted the speed on your current mission and dropped two mins off the trip.

Crack, and report back! :D
Yes, but over a lot of houses, not I. :eek:

Here was a scary test his weekend, OMG this could be the mission I posted.
No I don't think it was. :confused:

Rod

The max distance between waypoints must be 2000 m or less. This includes the distance between the first and last waypoint. In other words, your last waypoint can be no more than 2000 m from the first waypoint to complete a one way mission. In order to do what you're trying to do, you must do the following:

- Plan your mission as a round trip (even though it's a one-way mission). Make sure your returning waypoints (even though you won't be using them) are no greater than 2000 m apart.

- When planning the mission, be darn sure to take into account any elevation changes or obstacles.

- Turn off SmartRTH (otherwise the mission will cancel and your bird will try to return home if it decides you won't have enough battery for the round trip- which you won't).

- Start the mission.

- Drive to your friend's house, being sure that you can get there before the bird does. This is the tricky part. Fly too slow and the bird will run out of battery. Fly too fast and it'll get there before you do. I have no idea if your battery will last for 26,000 ft but if you're confident that it will, go for it. Set your mission to "curved paths". If you set it to "straight lines", it'll briefly stop at each waypoint, adding extra time to the mission, time that is NOT reflected in the "estimated mission time" displayed by Litchi.

- Assuming you get there in time, cancel the mission once your bird is fairly close and then land manually. You might even want to add enough waypoints to circle your friend's house to give you a little extra time.

I had the same problems as you before I realized what I had to do. I did all of the above for an 11,000 ft (2.1 miles) mission and it worked perfectly.

The following video demonstrates a mission similar to your goal. Be sure to read the explanation below the video.

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr