Litchi Mission Lost Phantom

No apology needed at all. I assumed someone would have stepped in by now to be honest. My wife is upstairs asking me over and over what the hell I'm doing. I have been helped a few times on here and I'm just trying to pay it back.
I'm sorry thats funny, I will keep everyone informed. I'll go back out in the am and look. Thank you!

Let her know were finding a drone and y'all can talk next week.. haha My wife gave up some time ago.. lol

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
I know the area pretty well. I thought for sure 157 would be enough. I am going back out to look this morning. Its pretty cold out. 15F.
The wife did insist that I purchase another one from Target since they were on sale still for $399. I still want to find it though.
Your wife is very understanding about your loss. Hmmm, mine would've said, you lost it, you aint gettin another one, hehe

Reactions: Pharm
Your wife is very understanding about your loss. Hmmm, mine would've said, you lost it, you aint gettin another one, hehe
Yeah I've thought about that one since I read it earlier today. I'm going to use it at some point, too. "See honey, how cool the Phantom Pilot drone wives are....you don't want me to post that I can't get another one, do you?"

Its kinda funny. She said she needed me to get another one because she knew I'd be miserable and I'd be driving her nuts. Its the only thing I do for fun really. I've been flying these things for over a year believe it or not.

It's a real credit to the hobby. When I crashed my P3A a year ago, my wife didn't even hesitate to insist on a replacement. I tried to explain that it wasn't that easy. Like losing a pet almost. She saw how much it meant to me and she knew that I wouldn't be too happy without it. When you get it back, I think you should switch over the landing gear or stickers or something, so it lives on.

I joke to this day that it's half hers even though she won't touch it. Of course my license to fly came under more scrutiny afterwards but that didn't last long. Certainly an expensive hobby for the careless.

It's a real credit to the hobby. When I crashed my P3A a year ago, my wife didn't even hesitate to insist on a replacement. I tried to explain that it wasn't that easy. Like losing a pet almost. She saw how much it meant to me and she knew that I wouldn't be too happy without it. When you get it back, I think you should switch over the landing gear or stickers or something, so it lives on.

I joke to this day that it's half hers even though she won't touch it. Of course my license to fly came under more scrutiny afterwards but that didn't last long. Certainly an expensive hobby for the careless.
All true!

Its kinda funny. She said she needed me to get another one because she knew I'd be miserable and I'd be driving her nuts. Its the only thing I do for fun really. I've been flying these things for over a year believe it or not.
Now I get it! The trick is to make her miserable! hehe. Either way I really hope you find your drone.
I sent mine on a litchi mission last week, also to my brother's house, 2.5kms there and another 2.5kms back. All went as planned and I was also planning on following it to make sure it gets there, but surprisingly I had video signal right up to his house (very choppy at the end though), so I didn't bother following it since I could see it on the screen

Hope you find it man Not going to lie kinda excited to be tuned in here waiting for the ending (the good guy never dies)

I am truly humbled by the combined knowledge of this forum. You guys are like Greek Oracles. I love following this thread although some of it is Greek to me. Hope DaveD finds the bird. Suspense is KILLING me!!!

I'll be out at 1st light looking between waypoints 2&3.
Dave, you can use Google Earth pro to set up a litchi mission and it will keep you the same distance above ground level, like you thought it was doing. Learn this, set it up, and check each waypoint... Once you load the kml file into litchi, you'll be able to see how it automatically raises or lowers in elevation following the ground. Always check each waypoint.. double check, and visually inspect your mission to make sure nothing has changed. Watch this tutorial carefully.. you can do this.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I learned from this video and I have used it to set up and fly a couple different missions. It does work!!!

Sorry, "exremetm," but if the bird was out of RF contact, he wouldn't have any image recorded on his tablet, and since he doesn't have the bird, of course he can't look at the SD card!
I have lost mine before, when I was documenting the beach erosion at Edisto Beach after Hurricane Matthew, but I had it programmed to come back if it needs lost contact, fortunately it did but once was close because it was almost out of power.
I have never flown a Litchi mission, because I have never gotten past the step where it has to verify my account on the DJi servers. I don't know why, I have tried it at home with a known - good wifi signal, I have tried it in the field using my mobile hotspot, nothing works! It's very frustrating, and I haven't gotten any response to my emails to Litchi support either. All around, not happy with that app, so after seeing this thread, I'm SO GLAD that I never trusted my P3 Pro with that software!
I certainly hope you find your bird, but at best least you don't have as much invested in it like if it was a P3Pro, a P4 or an Inspire.

Sent from my SGP612 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Litchi account login is case sensitive your account must match exactly I trust litchi 100% and have used it for a year now exclusively

The Nether world

Reactions: JohnnyB
Its possible it could have been shot but it should have been moving at
No apology needed at all. I assumed someone would have stepped in by now to be honest. My wife is upstairs asking me over and over what the hell I'm doing. I have been helped a few times on here and I'm just trying to pay it back.
Dave, you can use Google Earth pro to set up a litchi mission and it will keep you the same distance above ground level, like you thought it was doing. Learn this, set it up, and check each waypoint... Once you load the kml file into litchi, you'll be able to see how it automatically raises or lowers in elevation following the ground. Always check each waypoint.. double check, and visually inspect your mission to make sure nothing has changed. Watch this tutorial carefully.. you can do this.

I've been playing with this and you are right. Awesome tool. One caveat that wasted me a lot of time. Safari browser on my Mac did not seem to honor relative above ground elevation. I had to use chrome. Mozilla might work too. I haven't read this anywhere else. So maybe something weird in my cache or something. But if using safari be sure to look at the waypoint elevations after importing.

Guys, is it not possible for dji to send a GPS flare to the mobile device even while disconnected? or would that need like a GSM signal?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga