Litchi problems with P3 SE

You do realise the Phantom 3 SE wont work with litchi regardless of what tablet you use?
Now that is confusing....I have been reading ( on here ) that folks are using Litchie with P3SE on IOS without any problems? read it several different places

read up a few posts....on this thread.... am I misled?

Misled? I don’t think so- I haven’t seen anyone say litchi supports the SE....

Simply look at the supported aircraft list for litchi SE isn’t listed.

It wont be supported until DJI releases an SDK for the SE- that might never happen.

Misled? I don’t think so- I haven’t seen anyone say litchi supports the SE....

Simply look at the supported aircraft list for litchi SE isn’t listed.

It wont be supported until DJI releases an SDK for the SE- that might never happen.

You are correct... I was NOT misled....I misread the info given....and jumped on my interpretation of what I thought I read....

Now that is confusing....I have been reading ( on here ) that folks are using Litchie with P3SE on IOS without any problems? read it several different places

read up a few posts....on this thread.... am I misled?
Your information is not entirely, my friend. Take a look at this topic and you see that external apps work fine on an iPad. The operating system iOS does allow external apps.

Reactions: Spazz_MMCF
@Spazz - my apologies. I was so caught up in trying to help you with your iPad choice, I forgot you had an SE. (See post #15).

Reactions: Spazz_MMCF
@Spazz - my apologies. I was so caught up in trying to help you with your iPad choice, I forgot you had an SE. (See post #15).
No apologies necessary Pharm... it was all my mistake... in misreading your post.

I truly am thankful that all you folks have been kind enough to set me straight before I drop more money I don't need to spend right now.

Being so new here, I have to say that it's nice to be a part a forum that people don't bash on the newbies

Thanks to all!

I have 3 days til I start flying!

Reactions: Neon Euc
Your information is absolutely incorrect. I have the impression that you don't have a P3SE by yourself.
Nope. Absolutely correct. As quoted, “external apps” DO work fine on an iPad. Litchi software however, even on an iPad does NOT work on a P3SE. It works fine on my iPad Mini 2 when flying my P3S but does NOT work on my P3SE simply because the DJI SDK does not allow it. See posts #2, #3, #8-11, #13, #14, #20. Unless DJI has updated their SDK in the last few days, it doesn’t work on the SE.

Nope. Absolutely correct. As quoted, “external apps” DO work fine on an iPad. Litchi software however, even on an iPad does NOT work on a P3SE. It works fine on my iPad Mini 2 when flying my P3S but does NOT work on my P3SE simply because the DJI SDK does not allow it. See posts #2, #3, #8-11, #13, #14, #20. Unless DJI has updated their SDK in the last few days, it doesn’t work on the SE.
Then have a look to this post:

P3SE and Litchie App on IOS...need definitive answer

Could it be that because you use a P3S and a P3SE there is a conflict between both drones in your iOS?

Your information is absolutely incorrect. I have the impression that you don't have a P3SE by yourself.
Litchi does not support the P3 SE, DJI claims an SDKnhas not been released for the SE- both correct. The fact a few claim to have some SE functionality with litchi does not mean it is supported. How about you? Do you have everything working as expected? Have you actually tried it?

Litchi does not support the P3 SE, DJI claims an SDKnhas not been released for the SE- both correct. The fact a few claim to have some SE functionality with litchi does not mean it is supported. How about you? Do you have everything working as expected? Have you actually tried it?
Yes, so far I only use Litchi. And I haven't noticed any unwanted things yet.

Yes, so far I only use Litchi. And I haven't noticed any unwanted things yet.
What flight modes have you used?

If your principally flying FPV you should expect it to work, the remote is doing all the controlling with litchi simply displaying video and temementry.

When you can come back and say all flight modes work as expected including correct performance of fail (RTH on signal loss without LCMC etc) then start recommending people fly with it. Don’t you think litchi would list the SE as comparable if it was working correctly? Why unnecessarily restrict their market? The fact is lutchi is informing people who enquire that their product does not currently support the SE.

What flight modes have you used?

If your principally flying FPV you should expect it to work, the remote is doing all the controlling with litchi simply displaying video and temementry.

When you can come back and say all flight modes work as expected including correct performance of fail (RTH on signal loss without LCMC etc) then start recommending people fly with it. Don’t you think litchi would list the SE as comparable if it was working correctly? Why unnecessarily restrict their market? The fact is lutchi is informing people who enquire that their product does not currently support the SE.
The RTH function works well. In addition, the homepoint is automatically recorded. At this moment I have used the following options:
- FPV
- Waypoint
- Orbit
- Pano
- Focus.

All these options work well. I never used the track-option. The only things in the app that are not filled in are the fields "Firmware version", "Flight controller version" and "Remote control version".

Don't ask me as a user why Litchi does not officially market the app for the P3SE. I am not familiar with the agreements between DJI and Litchi (and they do not have to inform me either).

The RTH function works well. In addition, the homepoint is automatically recorded. At this moment I have used the following options:
- FPV
- Waypoint
- Orbit
- Pano
- Focus.

All these options work well. I never used the track-option. The only things in the app that are not filled in are the fields "Firmware version", "Flight controller version" and "Remote control version".

Don't ask me as a user why Litchi does not officially market the app for the P3SE. I am not familiar with the agreements between DJI and Litchi (and they do not have to inform me either).
Ok- well that sounds very promising and good news for many.

Reactions: Pharm
Then have a look to this post:

P3SE and Litchie App on IOS...need definitive answer

Could it be that because you use a P3S and a P3SE there is a conflict between both drones in your iOS?
No conflict. Even though I know it’s not supported, I’m one of those unbelievers that tries things anyway (unless it’s something stupid like sticking my tongue in a light socket or munching on a ghost pepper). I can fly the SE with it but a waypoint mission won’t load.

I see this topic and read that you can't use a waypoint mission. That is remarkable. I also have a P3SE and fly regularly with Litchi. Before I realized that Litchi officially doesn't support the P3SE, I already flew a waypoint route.

I understand from your previous messages that you use the P3S and the P3SE. In your situation I would create separate accounts for the P3S and for the P3SE. An account at Litchi is free. Then log in again with the P3SE account at Litchi and try it again.

Perhaps this is one of the reasons why Litchi officially doesn't support the P3SE.

My 2 day old P3SE and 2 day old iPad Mini 4 went for a few basic WP missions on Litchi today to test it out... Everything seems to work with no glitches.. no lost signals... nothing.

It flew each mission perfectly... each mission, I added a bit more to do for the missions... POI's, FOCUS, Rotation... start/stop recording.. etc. it all worked.

I am new so need to keep trying different aspects of the app to 'find' the bugs/glitches ( if any I can find ). I did try FPV for a quick minute... but didnt go through everything... since I dont know everything in the app yet.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94