Litchi problems with P3 SE

Reaction score
Has anyone else had experience of using Litchi with the new P3 SE?
I just got the new P3 SE from HobbyWow, and it works great with the GO app - but most of the Litchi functions dont seem to work.
I cant set Home points. Auto take off and landing dont work . Trying to use panorama results in no pictures taken, and it says Panorama complete after 1 second.
Setting course lock, or home lock results in 'not supported' error.
Also, if I try to upload a mission, I get 'not supported' error. Is the SE version not compatible with Litchi ?

Help

To answer my own question -
I posted my query on the Litchi page on Facebook, and got this reply -

___________________________________________________________________________________
Litchi Hi,

Phantom 3 SE is not yet supported, we are waiting new DJI SDK supporting this aircraft.

__________________________________________________________________________________

So, I guess I will have to wait until DJI publish the SDK for this model.

I just had a reply from DJI support to say that they do not have an SDK for the Phantom 3 SE.

I would not recommend buying an SE model, if you want to use any advanced features.

I just got one 15 days ago... I'm now finding the same thing you're saying. I'm pretty upset about it... I'm wondering if I shouldn't have looked for a mavic

Hmmm, big difference between $560 and $1400. At the Mavic price point I would be thinking of the P4P as the x Amery out performs that of the Mavic, no?

Still no solution to this? Got the SE and was really into the features of litchi but the app crashes as soon as I open it while being connected to the wifi network of the drone...

Yeah, that's exactly what the Litchi support has told me today. Let's hope for the SDK then.

My P3SE arrives on Tuesday.... now I am looking at getting a USED iPad Mini 2 with cell service ( just for the GPS chip ) to use with Litchi.... As of right now.... this seems like the only choice to run Litchi and other apps... IOS seems to have no problems... ALL DROID ISSUES.

Any new word from DJI on the SDK release?

My P3SE arrives on Tuesday.... now I am looking at getting a USED iPad Mini 2 with cell service ( just for the GPS chip ) to use with Litchi.... As of right now.... this seems like the only choice to run Litchi and other apps... IOS seems to have no problems... ALL DROID ISSUES.

Any new word from DJI on the SDK release?
You don’t need cellular or GPS on a Mini 2 for Litchi to work unless you want to use the follow function. For waypoints or manual flying, it uses the GPS in the Phantom. I use a wifi only iPad Mini 2 and Litchi works fine. I only use it for manual flying or waypoints. In your case it’s a moot point anyway since the SE SDK doesn’t support Litchi (or the other way around - I’m never quite sure who supports whom. :))

Reactions: Spazz_MMCF
You don’t need cellular or GPS on a Mini 2 for Litchi to work unless you want to use the follow function. For waypoints or manual flying, it uses the GPS in the Phantom. I use a wifi only iPad Mini 2 and Litchi works fine. I only use it for manual flying or waypoints. In your case it’s a moot point anyway since the SE SDK doesn’t support Litchi (or the other way around - I’m never quite sure who supports whom. :))

Pharm,

Thank you very much for clarifying that! So a regular Wi-Fi iPad Mini 2 with Litchi will still work if I do missions with waypoints ahead of time on mission hub on PC and upload to mini before I leave home? Or do i have to create mission on mini at location?

It'll save me money... thanks agsin

You’ll need to load them first. Personally, I don’t use the hub. I just plan my missions on the Mini 2 while sitting on the couch, then save them on the Mini for later use. I recently flew a few missions at my mother’s house, three hours away. She has no internet connection at all. I planned them at home, saved them, then flew them when I got there. I even drastically modified one after I got there (loaded a pre-saved mission, changed some parameters, then saved it with a different name (“Mom 09”, instead of the original “Mom 08”)). That way I still had the original mission if I wanted it, along with the new one.
Also, if you HAD to have a connection for some reason, you can always use your phone as a wifi hotspot and connect the mini’s wifi to your phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spazz_MMCF
Got it.. thanks....

Well... since I just got a Galaxy Tab A less than 30 days ago.. going back to the store to get a refund and get an iPad Mini ... LOL! I got away from IOS many years ago... so maybe its time to get back to it again...

Pharm... can't thank you enough for the assistance and info....much appreciated!
You do realise the Phantom 3 SE wont work with litchi regardless of what tablet you use?

Reactions: Pharm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1