Litchi 99 Waypoint error!!! fix

Reaction score
IF YOU TRY A LITCHI MISSION AND USE ALL 99 WAY POINTS ,THE FIRST WAY POINT MUST BE WITHIN 2KM AWAY FROM YOUR LAST WAY POINT OF THE MISSION OR IT WILL NOT UPLOAD SUCCESFULLY YOU WILL RECIEVE A ERROR MISSION FAILED TO UPLOAD 2 WAYPOINTS ARE TO FAR WHICH WILL CONFUSE YOU TO THINK IT MUST BE ONE OF YOUR WAY POINTS YOU NEVER THINK ITS YOUR LAST ONE EVERY WAYPOINT CAN BE 2KM APART THE WHOLE MISSION BUT IT MUST RETURN BACK WITHIN 2KM OR 1 MILE FROM WAY POINT 1 OR IT WONT LOAD LITCHI SAYS ITS A SAFETY FEATURE IN THE APP IT WILL DO THE SAME WITH ANY DRONE ACCORDING TO THEM WETHER IT BE A PHANTOM OR A MAVIC.

This obscure fact is good to know. I was at one point toying with the idea of sending my Phantom 3S on a one-way mission to a friend's house about 5 miles away, and even though I had far fewer than 99 waypoints, I did keep getting that error message referring to the distance between waypoints.

I did some reading on the subject and got the impression from that research that for the drone to fly a one-way mission, I would need to first go into the settings menus, and DISABLE the auto-RTH default setting that is invoked when the drone ventures out beyond the range at which battery power would suffice to return to base. Frankly, I couldn't muster the nerve to burn that particular bridge, so I shelved the idea of flying such a one-way mission.

Last edited:
Reactions: LZJ
To be precise:
-The maximum distance between any 2 waypoints is 1999 meters.
-The maximum distance between any waypoint and Home point is 3999 meters.

The number of waypoints makes no difference.

Reactions: Billie Nelson
yes on the 2km max distance on any waypoint but not the second part if u use all 99 waypoints 99 has to be a minimum of 2km from where you took off pretty much you have to always come back you cant land miles away you have to land back from where you take off from. so if you plan a mission with 48 waypoints waypoint 48 has to be within 2km of waypoint 1 i tried doing a mission with all 99 waypoints with my drone landing 6 miles away but it wouldnt load so i contacted litchi and they said its a safety feature to prevent people from doing that.

Reactions: Billie Nelson
To be precise:
-The maximum distance between any 2 waypoints is 1999 meters.
-The maximum distance between any waypoint and Home point is 3999 meters.

The number of waypoints makes no difference.

This vital limitation is good to know. Never seen it anywhere in the fine print thus far, so much thanks for posting it here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20