P3SE and Litchie App on IOS...need definitive answer

Reaction score
OK... I have been researching this for about a week now and think I have gotten some confusing info.... with Phantom 3 SE and Litchie App

Edit.....

I misread some info and jumped on it....

I know now that until the SDK is released from DJI on the P3SE, Litchie and other 3rd party apps will NOT work....

what a bummer....

Last edited:
Litchi support is saying Litchi is not compatible with the P3SE. See more details in this thread.

8c1c0c76fb5113e0c86738f58324b9a5.jpg

Litchi works well with an iOS device and P3SE.

After reading up on this... I think you are the only one....

How is this possible?
Believe me, I am not the only one. Fortunately, there are more people who use it successfully:

P3 SE : NO Compatibility with DJIFlightPlanner -

On a forum you always find people who have not tried it themselves.
Very simple because they:
- do not have Phantom SE;
- or do not have an iOS system;
- or do not have the app Litchi;
- only read the manual.

On a forum there always two types of people. One that embraces problems as opportunities to learn, and one that avoids them, often out of fear to fail. But that is only my 2¢.

Last edited:
Believe me, I am not the only one. Fortunately, there are more people who use it successfully:

P3 SE : NO Compatibility with DJIFlightPlanner -

On a forum you always find people who have not tried it themselves.
Very simple because they:
- do not have Phantom SE;
- or do not have an iOS system;
- or do not have the app Litchi;
- only read the manual.

On a forum there always two types of people. One that embraces problems as opportunities to learn, and one that avoids them, often out of fear to fail. But that is only my 2¢.
So you are saying that you run Litchi app on your iPad mini 4? No issues at all?

Just want to make sure...

Reactions: Photoflash
So you are saying that you run Litchi app on your iPad mini 4? No issues at all?

Just want to make sure...
Yes, with absolute certainty. I also work with GS Pro. That is also an app from DJI that officially does not work with the P3SE. I use the iPad Mini 3 cellular (so with GPS). And have also tested it with an iPhone 5.

Yes, with absolute certainty. I also work with GS Pro. That is also an app from DJI that officially does not work with the P3SE. I use the iPad Mini 3 cellular (so with GPS). And have also tested it with an iPhone 5.
You had successfull try with iPhone 5 as well?
Which modell?
I readed that whith iPhone 5 Litchi has a bug...

P3SE with Litchi on IOS ( iPad Mini 4) WORKS FOR ME!!! at least the way point missions.

P3SE is 2 days old... iPad Mini 4 is 2 days old...

I created 3 basic missions... each one getting a little more detailed... POI's... start/stop recordings... pausing at WP's for pics.. etc.... it all seemed to work fine... no glitches... no lost signals.... nothing wrong.

I plan on checking other types of flights... but the WP missions seem to work fine for me.

I AM NEW... so.... bear with me if I don't give COMPLETE details....

I can't 'see' where Litchi lists my P3SE on the app anywhere when connected.. not even sure if its supposed to... if it is... WHERE!?!?!

Reactions: Flick6211
OK... I have been researching this for about a week now and think I have gotten some confusing info.... with Phantom 3 SE and Litchie App

Edit.....

I know now that until the SDK is released from DJI on the P3SE, Litchie and other 3rd party apps will NOT work....

what a bummer....
what is an SDK?

SDK = Software Development Kit

Software developers use it to interact with the Phantom.

And yes, Litchi works for me too on my new iPad Air 2:hearteyes:

Here more formation. I made the video in september of 2017 with Litchi and the P3SE:

View attachment 92812

Hi chatikib,

Do you know working solution on IOS to record screen video?
I see "Record it! :: Screen Capture" from DIGISET LCC in Apstore. But they say it works only on IOS 11
I currently use IOS 10 and I do not know if it's worth it to upgrade. As if I had read something that on IOS 11 you have less oprotunity to install apps from outside of appstore as yu have on IOS 10. Is it true?

Hi chatikib,

Do you know working solution on IOS to record screen video?
I see "Record it! :: Screen Capture" from DIGISET LCC in Apstore. But they say it works only on IOS 11
I currently use IOS 10 and I do not know if it's worth it to upgrade. As if I had read something that on IOS 11 you have less oprotunity to install apps from outside of appstore as yu have on IOS 10. Is it true?
No, unfortunately I have no experiences with a screen recorder. But have already understood from other users in my community that it is better to wait with the switch to iOS version 11.x.

Litchi often has problems with iOS 11.x and also the stability of DJI Go leaves much to be desired.

By the way, did you switch to FCC mode with DJI Go 3.1.18 and does this continue when you use DJI Go 3.1.26 on iOS?

No, unfortunately I have no experiences with a screen recorder. But have already understood from other users in my community that it is better to wait with the switch to iOS version 11.x.

Litchi often has problems with iOS 11.x and also the stability of DJI Go leaves much to be desired.

By the way, did you switch to FCC mode with DJI Go 3.1.18 and does this continue when you use DJI Go 3.1.26 on iOS?
It stay in FCC only if app doesn't get location information from any sources. But an indoor frequence range change is possible

Edit.....

what a bummer....
I have read about this. I'm a Land Surveyor and want to use my P3SE with drone deploy or Litchie. The answer I've gotten is it will work with Lichie and possibly Drone Deploy, but you must use an Apple iPad mini (preferably Mini 4) with IOS 11. Android is out. It's in this forum. Just go a little back.

I have read about this. I'm a Land Surveyor and want to use my P3SE with drone deploy or Litchie. The answer I've gotten is it will work with Lichie and possibly Drone Deploy, but you must use an Apple iPad mini (preferably Mini 4) with IOS 11. Android is out. It's in this forum. Just go a little back.
Yep... you didn't read my last post... bought an IPad Mini 4 and it works just fine

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl