Litchi is the killer of the drones

With Litchi:
1. It plays well with my devices.
Both applications work very well with all of my devices. I do have really good stuff though on both android and apple platforms. Could this possibly be the way you are using the devices in flight? Again this is a question not a statement.
With Litchi:
2. It has never crashed, locked up or closed unexpectedly.
Same for me with Litchi and Go on all my devices. Never had as much as one hiccup.
With Litchi:
3. Does not pay any attention to DJI's NFZ garbage.
I dont think this is true. If I am wrong I will come back and admit I was wrong but... from what I have read the NFZ are on the bird not in the application. Once you update to the current firmware on the AC you are done regardless of if you use GO or Litchi.I could be wrong though.

With Litchi:
4. I can fly when I want to, where I want to and I don't have to grovel to DJI for permission to do so.
This is same as 3 I think.. I have the same response to it..
With Litchi:
5. It won't update my firmware behind my back.
That's your own fault. You can turn that off and control the updates yourself.
With Litchi:
6. I like the UI better than I like GO..
This is personal preference.. For me, I find GO more refined than Litchi on the UI. In my opinion it looks better. With go you have all the camera controls available you can monitor your sensors to ensure your compass is operating properly. With Litchi you can't. Or maybe I missed it and they updated and added those functions.

With Litchi:
7. It installs no service and leaves behind no residue when you close it.
OK.

End of the day. Back to the original topic. I don't think Litchi crashes Phantoms. People not setting up their flights correctly crash Phantoms. People using devices that do not give accurate GPS locations cause issues. Litchi is going to fly your bird exactly where you, or your phone, tell it. Once you have a safe flight you can be pretty certain that you can recreate that flight with not much deviation. Now if you set up your AC to fly into a tree.. how is that Litchi's fault. If you don't apply enough elevation to a waypoint and fly your AC into the side of a building again... not Litchi.

Just saying. I always start my first flight using GO. I launch and conduct pre-flight checklist and settings using DJI-GO it is a better tool for doing that than Litchi. After that is done, depending on what I am doing, I will change the application. If I'm just putting around Dji-Go. If I'm going to fly waypoints or am trying to setup a difficult shot. Litchi.

YMMV

Last edited:
Reactions: FantomFlier
It wasn't Litchi that was at fault it was you the pilot. The software does as you tell it to do, you get out what you put in.

This is one of the many reasons why I'm an Apple fanboy by heart. Close an app on an iPhone or iPad and it stays closed. This is the way it should be.
I own both. I find the opposite to be true.. How about this annoyance. Everytime I plug my phone in to the USB I get to hear music that I do not ask it to play! That is a huge annoyance. Apple installs garbage and bloat all the time that I do not want. Heck, there are even times where you can't delete things from your phone without a computer. That is the ultimate annoyance. That said, I do like the stability of the platform.. In my opinion there are good and bad about both. To me they are tools, I use the right tool for the job.

OK like I said earlier. Once infected with the NFZ bug it doesn't matter if you use Litchi or DJI-Go... So again NFZ is not dependent on the application you fly it is dependent on the firmware on your AC. If you don't want NFZ's don't update and you can fly GO or Litchi restriction free:

FROM DJI regarding 3rd party apps and NFZ's.

1) Unlock the geofenced zone (if it's unlockable) in DJI GO before using any third party DJI SDK based application.
To do this:
- Load DJI GO and go through the unlock process
- Close DJI GO and load the SDK application to begin normal operation
This will need to be done for each aircraft as well as each geofenced zone, and will persist until the authorization expires

Litchi is the killer of drones ]

NOT.....
Never had a problem , if all your settings are correct. probably operator error, too much Stoli

Sent from my iPad using Phabulous PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: cfd701
OK like I said earlier. Once infected with the NFZ bug it doesn't matter if you use Litchi or DJI-Go... So again NFZ is not dependent on the application you fly it is dependent on the firmware on your AC. If you don't want NFZ's don't update and you can fly GO or Litchi restriction free:

FROM DJI regarding 3rd party apps and NFZ's.

1) Unlock the geofenced zone (if it's unlockable) in DJI GO before using any third party DJI SDK based application.
To do this:
- Load DJI GO and go through the unlock process
- Close DJI GO and load the SDK application to begin normal operation
This will need to be done for each aircraft as well as each geofenced zone, and will persist until the authorization expires

"- Load DJI GO and go through the unlock process"
For as newbies, how is this done?

I had the same issues. I never got it to stay connected. Litchi finally told me that my phone was not compatible. HTC ONE M9
This is a Galaxy note 3 SM-9005 I wonder if I can get a refund - but I would rather get it working

Didn't say it was your problem [emoji6]. I've personally used Litchi on over 200 flights and have not had a single issue. Love the app. I was merely pointing out how much background stuff is loaded with Go. I don't wear a tinfoil hat. Some stuff can't be "turned off" or loads without asking if The user would like to enable it. As far as complaining perhaps some people aren't as tech savvy as you and others and don't know it can be turned off. I pay very close attention to what I load or use on all my equipment. If you don't in today's day and age it's just plain stupidity.
Have a swell day [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Never did I say I was savvy, so unsure why you made that comment. I said to contact a techie and maybe they could explain it to you, but never said I was savvy. I also said it is each person personal preference. You like Litchi, I don't. Not sure why that troubles you so much. Glad you like it, I don't, enough said.

"- Load DJI GO and go through the unlock process"
For as newbies, how is this done?

I have not had the occasion to need to unlock anything. I imagine it would be as simple as powering up the way you normally do.. Then, if and only if, you were in a restricted area you would be required to unlock the area in DJI GO. After it is unlocked it would stay unlocked until the unlock period is over. During the unlock period you can then fly using whatever application you choose.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is the video how I’ve lost drone because of Litchi application. The flight was hold in FPV mode in VR glasses on Phantom 3 Standard. Remote Controller was in F mode.When drone flew on 1000 m the link was lost and RTH mode didn’t work. Drone stayed at the same place till the battery wasn’t discharged. Drone was found thanks to the screen shots. Be careful and watchful. Don’t fly far in FPV VR mode in Litchi application.

Subtitules in English
You obviously did NOT read the Litchi help page !
There is a clear warning for this !

Attachments

• Naamloos-2.jpg
    Naamloos-2.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 372
[file]litchi without Warning|none[/file]
This was on the Litchi site before I've found out this problem and made video about this.
Be Careful !
Litchi where is my compensation ? Where is my new drone ? ;-)

Last edited:
You obviously did NOT read the Litchi help page !
There is a clear warning for this !
I just got a set of goggles for VR flight, before reading this!! Now not so sure I will use them until this is updated, if they do. It looks like, if the words are right on point. That it still will RTH if in VR mode, but the sub mode is set to "none" and not "with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active" This still seems odd to me because I thought the "Failsafe RTH" was part of the firmware" Both the lost RC signal and the low battery RTH. But their saying both of these failsafes are disabled (in these modes)??

Not sure how it would connect when you are flying if you turn off the wi-fi, bluetooth, and put it into "airplane mode." And if that is done before flying, it cannot connect while flying. I am not all into putting on YouTube in real time, so none of that crap is activated when I fly.

True that you can do that while flying, but now that the ONLY way to deal with firmware on your RC is to run GO (USB no longer is supported) and let it connect to the internet, they have forced you to open the door.

True that you can do that while flying, but now that the ONLY way to deal with firmware on your RC is to run GO (USB no longer is supported) and let it connect to the internet, they have forced you to open the door.
If you turn off the wifi, it does not automatically start up by itself. i turn it off before I even unpack my drone. And unless you are streaming, why would you be forced to open the door. Once I turn mine off on the tablet, it has never turned on by itself. That is a baffling comment to make about the wifi connection. That is like saying if you turn off your hotspot, and it will slide itself back on - not happening. But if that is fortifies your belief in Litchi and not the Go app, have at it.

Hi,
There are two signal strength meters on the top of Litchi. One is for the transmitter, or RC, and the other is for the quad's signal transmission strength back to the RC. If I lose signal, does this mean that I've lost video only, and I can still transmit to the quad? A return to home command can only be executed if the quad has received the command? Flipping mode to P and sending the return to home will not execute unless the quad receives the signal in the first place? Also, in P mode, a loss of signal is programmed to initiate RTH automatically, but what if the quad does not receive the mode change from F to P?

Under normal circumstances if the P3A lost contact with the transmitter, it would initiate RTH automatically. I'm not sure if Litchi is capable of over-riding this behaviour but if it is, that's probably not a good feature. So if you are able to initiate an RTH from within Litchi, it's fair to say the software is still in contact with the UAV even though you're not seeing video. If you cannot initiate RTH from Litchi and can still do so from the controller, then the controller is still in contact with the UAV.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl