Litchi is the killer of the drones

Reaction score
This is the video how I’ve lost drone because of Litchi application. The flight was hold in FPV mode in VR glasses on Phantom 3 Standard. Remote Controller was in F mode.When drone flew on 1000 m the link was lost and RTH mode didn’t work. Drone stayed at the same place till the battery wasn’t discharged. Drone was found thanks to the screen shots. Be careful and watchful. Don’t fly far in FPV VR mode in Litchi application.

Subtitules in English

26 mins is a long time to watch a video on youtube. I got through two mins. Maybe you could make it shorter?

I've used Litchi about 100x and haven't had a problem.

Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: Stephan and WLS350Z
26 mins is a long time to watch a video on youtube. I got through two mins. Maybe you could make it shorter?

I've used Litchi about 100x and haven't had a problem.

Sorry for your loss.
The problem occurred in FPV mode with VR glasses

Reactions: John V
This is the video how I’ve lost drone because of Litchi application. The flight was hold in FPV mode in VR glasses on Phantom 3 Standard. Remote Controller was in F mode.When drone flew on 1000 m the link was lost and RTH mode didn’t work. Drone stayed at the same place till the battery wasn’t discharged. Drone was found thanks to the screen shots. Be careful and watchful. Don’t fly far in FPV VR mode in Litchi application.

Subtitules in English

Hi sorry that you had such a problem...
But you found your drone because you did not panic, you thought about the situation, you had the sense to take screen shots of the drones location etc etc.... You did everything correctly to get a good result
WELL DONE... :)
Waylander

Reactions: Michael Stuart
I have been using Litchi for long and won't agree that it is the killer of drones. In fact, I enjoy flying with Litchi.
Its the only thing I have gone airborne with. I don't trust or fly Go. I have two P3's and haven't lost either one. I, however, do not use FPV mode so I can't say whether this specific feature is or is not an issue.

Subtitules in English
I see one issue right off. Your supposed to be in P mode when flying in FPV with Litchi. F mode is for the auto flights. Not sure if that has anything to do with what happened, buy it I leave mine in P for normal flight.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: jeganx

Subtitules in English
Also you are saying that RTH didn't work. Isn't the lost RC contact your referring to part of the firmware, not software (the app). Also since that app doesn't have a RTH button, did you try using the S2 switch to active RTH?

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hmmm, I have used Litchi with great results; it allowed me to make some clips that simply would not have been possible flying manually, especially when tracking the course of a 32 mile canal that I filmed in stages using litchi and stiched together. Orbits are also fantastic and allow pre-programming. I find it a great app. Mind you, I haven't really used it for tracking or with headsets at all.

However, I wonder; when you say the link was lost OP, I assume you mean the FPV link, right? You still would have had operational control I assume. You would have been flying right on the limit of a P3 Standard at 1000m. Did you try pressing the RTH button, or even turning off the controller? I fine these things pretty reliable these days. Maybe you could confirm the settings that you had? Or even better, since you got the P3 back, post up the .DAT file from the flight so that the experts can analyse exactly what happened and rule out any errors.

Here's that canal clip btw - it's long, but strangely mesmerising!

Hi,
I have been flying Litchi waypoints for a few great missions. Litchi in my opinion is the better app. Anyway, I have some questions that this post brings to mind. I was going to post these questions in a new post, but this thread is exactly the place for my questions, so here they are.

Last week, I flew a mission that I was aware of the fact that I may go out of range. My mission's farthest point from home was 6500 feet. My altitude was set at 200 feet. At 5200 feet, I lost signal. I was planning beforehand to let the mission finish, as I've done a couple of times in the past. But this time, I wanted to be totally safe and bring her home. I flipped the mode switch to P, and pressed the Home icon of the left side of the Litchi app. Nothing happened for the first, maybe 20 seconds. I had no video, or FPV feed coming back to Litchi app. At around 20 seconds after pressing the home icon, I got a message at the top that said "return to home initiated" (or something close to those words). My Phantom 3 Advanced came back and I cancelled return to home and brought her in.

There are two signal strength meters on the top of Litchi. One is for the transmitter, or RC, and the other is for the quad's signal transmission strength back to the RC. If I lose signal, does this mean that I've lost video only, and I can still transmit to the quad? A return to home command can only be executed if the quad has received the command? Flipping mode to P and sending the return to home will not execute unless the quad receives the signal in the first place? Also, in P mode, a loss of signal is programmed to initiate RTH automatically, but what if the quad does not receive the mode change from F to P?

Anyway, this has been long winded, so thanks for reading!

I see one issue right off. Your supposed to be in P mode when flying in FPV with Litchi. F mode is for the auto flights. Not sure if that has anything to do with what happened, buy it I leave mine in P for normal flight.
What's the difference between flying in P mode, or flying in F mode without having started a mission?

This is the video how I’ve lost drone because of Litchi application
As others have said, your mission may have been programmed to hover after the last WP.

My question is: why not switch from F mode to P (which would immediately stop the mission and cause the craft to hover), then just fly home?

What's the difference between flying in P mode, or flying in F mode without having started a mission?
Like I said, was not sure if it had anything to do with this issue. Just making a observation, that I thought if you use this app in FPV mode the controller was to be in P mode. And only in F mode for the auto flight features. Was thinking that maybe it would give you more controllability.

Hi,
I have been flying Litchi waypoints for a few great missions. Litchi in my opinion is the better app. Anyway, I have some questions that this post brings to mind. I was going to post these questions in a new post, but this thread is exactly the place for my questions, so here they are.

Last week, I flew a mission that I was aware of the fact that I may go out of range. My mission's farthest point from home was 6500 feet. My altitude was set at 200 feet. At 5200 feet, I lost signal. I was planning beforehand to let the mission finish, as I've done a couple of times in the past. But this time, I wanted to be totally safe and bring her home. I flipped the mode switch to P, and pressed the Home icon of the left side of the Litchi app. Nothing happened for the first, maybe 20 seconds. I had no video, or FPV feed coming back to Litchi app. At around 20 seconds after pressing the home icon, I got a message at the top that said "return to home initiated" (or something close to those words). My Phantom 3 Advanced came back and I cancelled return to home and brought her in.

There are two signal strength meters on the top of Litchi. One is for the transmitter, or RC, and the other is for the quad's signal transmission strength back to the RC. If I lose signal, does this mean that I've lost video only, and I can still transmit to the quad? A return to home command can only be executed if the quad has received the command? Flipping mode to P and sending the return to home will not execute unless the quad receives the signal in the first place? Also, in P mode, a loss of signal is programmed to initiate RTH automatically, but what if the quad does not receive the mode change from F to P?

If you had left it alone it would have finished the mission anyway. One of the great things about Litchis that it continues the mission even if it's so far away that it loses signal. It would have eventually come back into range and you would have been able to see it progressing along its path as pre-programmed.

Hi,

I have an android ver of Litchi and it doesn't have a RTH button. It has a "H" for "home lock" and a "C" for "course lock" modes. Is that what you talking about?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl