Litchi is the killer of the drones

Its the only thing I have gone airborne with. I don't trust or fly Go. I have two P3's and haven't lost either one. I, however, do not use FPV mode so I can't say whether this specific feature is or is not an issue.

I like litchi too but .... Don't trust Go... Why not? It's not a tinfoil hat thing is it? I find go to be the absolute best for putting around for setting up shots I will go with Litchi.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I like litchi too but .... Don't trust Go... Why not? It's not a tinfoil hat thing is it? I find go to be the absolute best for putting around for setting up shots I will go with Litchi.
1. Crashes a lot. In fact I couldn't get it to run long enough to fly my P3A when I first bought it. I bought Litchi because I liked the advanced options it provided. It has never crashed, closed unexpectedly.
2. GO installs a service that constantly has to be killed in a task app or it eats batteries.
3. Downloads NFZ crap and who knows what else.
4. I do not trust DJI to actually inform me of what its downloading, when its downloading it, and what that change will do to the drone.
5. Geofencing. Period. Game over.

Call it tin foil all you want. DJI has a proven track record of NOT informing us of what its sneaking in or what its doing via firmware patches, data flow, and personal info logging.

With Litchi:
1. It plays well with my devices.
2. It has never crashed, locked up or closed unexpectedly.
3. Does not pay any attention to DJI's NFZ garbage.
4. I can fly when I want to, where I want to and I don't have to grovel to DJI for permission to do so.
5. It won't update my firmware behind my back.
6. I like the UI better than I like GO.
7. It installs no service and leaves behind no residue when you close it.

1. Crashes a lot. In fact I couldn't get it to run long enough to fly my P3A when I first bought it. I bought Litchi because I liked the advanced options it provided. It has never crashed, closed unexpectedly.
2. GO installs a service that constantly has to be killed in a task app or it eats batteries.
3. Downloads NFZ crap and who knows what else.
4. I do not trust DJI to actually inform me of what its downloading, when its downloading it, and what that change will do to the drone.
5. Geofencing. Period. Game over.

Call it tin foil all you want. DJI has a proven track record of NOT informing us of what its sneaking in or what its doing via firmware patches, data flow, and personal info logging.

With Litchi:
1. It plays well with my devices.
2. It has never crashed, locked up or closed unexpectedly.
3. Does not pay any attention to DJI's NFZ garbage.
4. I can fly when I want to, where I want to and I don't have to grovel to DJI for permission to do so.
5. It won't update my firmware behind my back.
6. I like the UI better than I like GO.
7. It installs no service and leaves behind no residue when you close it.
I have never had the Go app crash ever. What does the Go app install? And you don't have to update the firmware. It just sounds like you prefer Litchi over DJI Go app and that is fine, but I don't. And still trying to figure out what "residue" you are talking about when it closes.

Reactions: m0j0
I have never had the Go app crash ever. What does the Go app install? And you don't have to update the firmware. It just sounds like you prefer Litchi over DJI Go app and that is fine, but I don't. And still trying to figure out what "residue" you are talking about when it closes.

Most of the time, if you do not manually kill GO, it will leave a background task running that will rapidly drain your battery. There have been several threads noting this behavior.

GO also installs a background service task (Android at least). Purpose, unknown (at least by me). Unless you rooted and can freeze it, the task will restart after being killed. So, why do you think GO would need a constantly running background service task, hmm?

So, why do you think GO would need a constantly running background service task, hmm?

Like you said, call it tinfoil if you want......

Then I shall wear it proudly.

The question still remains. Why does GO need a background service that continuously runs even when the app does not? If it is not for data collection or for receiving pushed data, then whats it for?

Most of the time, if you do not manually kill GO, it will leave a background task running that will rapidly drain your battery. There have been several threads noting this behavior.

GO also installs a background service task (Android at least). Purpose, unknown (at least by me). Unless you rooted and can freeze it, the task will restart after being killed. So, why do you think GO would need a constantly running background service task, hmm?
All I said was I didn't like Litchi, and will continue to use the Go app. I guess you can email DJI or a techie about why it runs in the background, but I will still stick with the Go app.

Anyone using the other alternative kenargo's dji ultimate flight? I much prefer it over litchi on p2v3+.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No offense intended here, I'd say that's pilot or user error. I have flown litchi more times than I know, never had an issue.

Reactions: Sagebrush

The only kind of residue I ever see is on Android devices which I cannot stand. You can close an app with the task manager and five minutes later the same app could be magically running again. This is one of the many reasons why I'm an Apple fanboy by heart. Close an app on an iPhone or iPad and it stays closed. This is the way it should be.

The only kind of residue I ever see is on Android devices which I cannot stand. You can close an app with the task manager and five minutes later the same app could be magically running again. This is one of the many reasons why I'm an Apple fanboy by heart. Close an app on an iPhone or iPad and it stays closed. This is the way it should be.
Its all personal preference and I will stick with android. To each his own as they say, but I am all android.

From a FB post by Damon Cooper in the DBS Swarm Clubhouse.

For a real eye opener, here are some of the GO app Internet calls being made under the covers - note this was as of 6 months ago - geo will add a whole new bag of calls I'm sure.

These are all the connections the app tries to make (outside of those you need for maps).

•mydjiflight.dji.com

•newrelic.com - app analytics

•djistatic.com

•flurry.com - Mobile analytics company

•conf.international.baidu.com

•baidu.com

•qbox.me (via qbox.wscdns.com)

•upgrade.dj2006.net

•pingma.qq.com

•u.dji.com

•acbe.aasky.net -type this one in a browser for a nice scare.

•tpns.qq.com

•dds.dji.com

•pilotv2.djivideos.com

•active.dji.com

•m.dji.com

•djicdn.com

www.skypixel.com

•djiexplore.com

•flysafe-api.dji.com - LOL registered to Perfect Privacy LLC

You can block these by using the pure domains but listed them for completeness.

Maybe the Tinfoil hat IS warranted.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

From a FB post by Damon Cooper in the DBS Swarm Clubhouse.

For a real eye opener, here are some of the GO app Internet calls being made under the covers - note this was as of 6 months ago - geo will add a whole new bag of calls I'm sure.

These are all the connections the app tries to make (outside of those you need for maps).

•mydjiflight.dji.com

•newrelic.com - app analytics

•djistatic.com

•flurry.com - Mobile analytics company

•conf.international.baidu.com

•baidu.com

•qbox.me (via qbox.wscdns.com)

•upgrade.dj2006.net

•pingma.qq.com

•u.dji.com

•acbe.aasky.net -type this one in a browser for a nice scare.

•tpns.qq.com

•dds.dji.com

•pilotv2.djivideos.com

•active.dji.com

•m.dji.com

•djicdn.com

www.skypixel.com

•djiexplore.com

•flysafe-api.dji.com - LOL registered to Perfect Privacy LLC

You can block these by using the pure domains but listed them for completeness.

Maybe the Tinfoil hat IS warranted.

Not sure how it would connect when you are flying if you turn off the wi-fi, bluetooth, and put it into "airplane mode." And if that is done before flying, it cannot connect while flying. I am not all into putting on YouTube in real time, so none of that crap is activated when I fly.

Wether one flys in airplane mode or not it does beg the question as to why half the crap is there in the first place.

Wether one flys in airplane mode or not it does beg the question as to why half the crap is there in the first place.

Like I commented before, email a techie that is not my problem. I have had no issues with the Go app because all that background stuff is not connecting in airplane mode. Apples or oranges, if people don't want to turn it off, that is their choice. If they don't, they need to quit complaining about background connections. After all, who is flying their aircraft, and they are making the choices of what connects and what doesn't.

This is the video how I’ve lost drone because of Litchi application. The flight was hold in FPV mode in VR glasses on Phantom 3 Standard. Remote Controller was in F mode.When drone flew on 1000 m the link was lost and RTH mode didn’t work. Drone stayed at the same place till the battery wasn’t discharged. Drone was found thanks to the screen shots. Be careful and watchful. Don’t fly far in FPV VR mode in Litchi application.

Subtitules in English
same thing happened to me twice, but RTH worked...
I now use an iPhone and this problem doesnt happen so maybe its my 3 year old android thats the problem

This is the video how I’ve lost drone because of Litchi application. The flight was hold in FPV mode in VR glasses on Phantom 3 Standard. Remote Controller was in F mode.When drone flew on 1000 m the link was lost and RTH mode didn’t work. Drone stayed at the same place till the battery wasn’t discharged. Drone was found thanks to the screen shots. Be careful and watchful. r9jweFjtE[/MEDIA]
I've flown Litchi on > 100 missions. The App works well. Like already mentioned. Did you have it set to RTH if it lost the signal? Also I've used the Litchi App Find my Drone feature twice when I had to land it. That works really well. You can go towards it and the screen will show your progress in finding it. The only down side I have had so far is it needs more work on the tracking mode, but it s great APP.

Sorry but look else where. A lot of have been and still are flying Litchi. Me for over two years and rock solid. Before you leap you should look at all a venues.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20