How to mount racing drone FPV camera on DJI Phantom 3 Adv?

Reaction score
Hi, to sum up: I have crashed my P3A drone a long time ago, tried to fix (with spare gimbal parts and cable bought on aliexpress) the broken gimbal w/o success.
The drone can fly, but no image. So I conclude that the gimbal is toast despite looking "ok".

This year I'd like to learn to assemble my own drone with FPV, so I definitively need to buy some FPV cameras, antennas for telemetry, FPV glasses etc.
So I will have FPV glasses and I thought I could buy an FPV camera for my old P3A drone so to have some visual using the FPV glasses.

My question is, is there some information/tutorials on how to connect e.g. a runcam (or similar) FPV camera + antenna to a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced drone?
I've seen tutorials for old Phantom 2 and found in this forum a tutorial to connect lights to a Phantom 3, I'm looking for a similar, more detailed tutorial that covers camera+telemetry connections.

Update: I did some research and found an interesting option: 2 Axis Runcam 5 Micro Gimbal
I chatted with their support, and the operator told me to buy a plug and play gimbal, that means it will be powered with a separate lipo battery, so it doesn't need to be connected to the drone (as I was thinking it needed to).
Anyway, I'm still interested to know if it's possible to connect something that doesn't need much power, say just the antenna for telemetry. The camera itself has its own battery, and if I don't care to have a 1 or 2 axis gimbal, but just a fixed mount for the camera with a fixed position to keep it simple, it should be much cheaper and it should work, right?

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi firepol
it can be done relatively easy, take a look at this link, it should give you the info you need:-

Best regards
Waylander

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj