Reaction score
Just got my shiny new Phantom4 last week and today I had a "chat" with dji support . . apparently not tech support . . there seems to be no such thing.

I asked what the maintenance schedule was for the P4 . . what to look for . . motor lubrication, cleaning, inspections etc. He basically pointed me to the "Warranty page". . . I then asked "so what is the life expectancy 1 yr 5 year? 50hrs flight time or 500hrs?" . . he said quote "6 months" . . and now that I've had the bird in the air a few flights and it's been more than 48hr since I first switched the battery ON, I'm NOT eligible for djicare. He said I can take it up with DJI - After-sales Service Policies or email [email protected] . . we'll see what they say.

Any others have interactions like that? Pretty poor customer service policy . . Can't believe that's the way dji want's to be positioned in the market. "Here's your shiny new drone . . GOOD LUCK . . . call us when you want another one!"

There are other companies offering insurance for repairs.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Phantom-Four
Just got my shiny new Phantom4 last week and today I had a "chat" with dji support . . apparently not tech support . . there seems to be no such thing.

I asked what the maintenance schedule was for the P4 . . what to look for . . motor lubrication, cleaning, inspections etc. He basically pointed me to the "Warranty page". . . I then asked "so what is the life expectancy 1 yr 5 year? 50hrs flight time or 500hrs?" . . he said quote "6 months" . . and now that I've had the bird in the air a few flights and it's been more than 48hr since I first switched the battery ON, I'm NOT eligible for djicare. He said I can take it up with DJI - After-sales Service Policies or email [email protected] . . we'll see what they say.

Any others have interactions like that? Pretty poor customer service policy . . Can't believe that's the way dji want's to be positioned in the market. "Here's your shiny new drone . . GOOD LUCK . . . call us when you want another one!"
Wait a second, a DJI "customer service" rep told you that a P4 should last 6 months????

If true, it explains some of the problems. Like any other machine, with proper upkeep, repairs, and maintenance, there is no shelf life unless you stop taking care of it.

Wait a second, a DJI "customer service" rep told you that a P4 should last 6 months????
Anything you hear from DJI customer service has to be taken with a grain of salt (or two).
Do not expect to get accurate information from DJI customer support.
They make great quadcopters but as a source for information their customer support people are often very dubious.

Anything you hear from DJI customer service has to be taken with a grain of salt (or two).
Do not expect to get accurate information from DJI customer support.
They make great quadcopters but as a source for information their customer support people are often very dubious.
I have had the good fortune of not having found that out until now.

If you need nothing, like just a quick question or something, they are accessible and ready so I never understood everyone's complaints until I had a problem I couldn't solve on my own and they are literally zero help.

If true, it explains some of the problems. Like any other machine, with proper upkeep, repairs, and maintenance, there is no shelf life unless you stop taking care of it.
That's an EXACT quote . . . however I suspect he had no idea what he was talking about and had little if any technical knowledge of the P4

I had to call them and see how they could help, with an issue I figured out myself, and although the guy did help in a round about way, he reminded me that I could use the app, I them remembered guys here saying they used the app. So he did help, However, when I broke down and explained how I had a GL300B with a modded antenna, that wasn't connecting (duh, because, and I knew this, just had to remember it, that no wonder the old remote said "No Signal" right? Some of you know already, yeah, it was nicely updated to latest firmware but the bird was not. The original was working fine. He shoulda known that, as a tech support guy, they're only given a list and aren't really tech ppl They're telephone people.
I'm glad my bird (2nd one horizons level, and OMG it hangs to the left when powered off)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just to chime in I have two units in commercial service one with just under 100Hrs (450+ flights) and one with a little over 310hrs, (over 1300 flights).No crashes, and both are doing fine. Total of 12 batteries of which two died and one has a very short run time of less than 12 minutes. Balance will run about 20 to 22 minutes. Plan is to replace the P4's with P4P's this month and to add 8 more batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.