Sent my phantom 4 in and this is what I got from them. *UPDATE* DJI gave me 15% off!

This is what happens when dji sent back half way fixed used drone that someone owned and had problems with. Just cycling used goods. What a service dji. Very unprofessional and taking advantage of people with your so called POLICY!

Just a thought, but you shouldn't need to calibrate everything before a flight... IF you can get it functioning.. leave it alone unless calibration becomes necessary to correct a tilted horizon etc.

Just a thought, but you shouldn't need to calibrate everything before a flight... IF you can get it functioning.. leave it alone unless calibration becomes necessary to correct a tilted horizon etc.
I do not. I don't do IMU calibration. Only regular calibration when I change locations. That bottom line is. Every time I do it, it gives errors and camera locks.

******UPDATE**** I am very relieved to inform everyone that I just sold my p4 after placing an ad. that was very quick sale! Thank God! no more problems! now, I am going to search for another company to purchase from. customer service CAN NOT be worse than DJI for sure! Good luck to all of you.. So Long...

*** UPDATE***
guys here is my situation after I sold the 2. Defective P4 they sent me... So after another 2 weeks passed by, they told me on Monday that they will be contacting the headquarters and see what they can do for me as it had been almost 4 months I have without a working drone! Lost time, lost money, bunch of stress and headaches from horrible customer service of dji support. Let's see what they are going to come up with. Let's see if they are just saying stuff or they really care about their customers and want them to stay with dji.
I will post the result and update as this situation might help some people who owns P4 or any drone. This will be a guide to the light at the end of the tunnel... Hopefully.. Cmon DJI let's see what you are going to do for me after all these problems. Are you going to earn my trust as a loyal happy customer? To be continued...

Dear Dji, Unfortunately, I just sold my Phantom 4 as I can not take this anymore. I waited 60 days for you guys to just send me an another broken used drone! I'm very disappointed in your company. This was something That I wanted to enjoy as an hobby and have fun with. But turned out to be a nightmare experience.
You guys told me that you can somehow compensate me for my horrible experience with you. And this is the moment. I would like to get a voucher or discount or a discount code on a Brand new Mavic Pro. That way I stay with Dji as a customer And I can tell everyone on social media. That would justify the entire situation. Let me know please.

Thanks,

Kaan Orer
www.imaginecarsorlando.com
www.orerrealty.com
407 273 9393 P
407 282 0234 F

*** UPDATE***
OK. After 3 months really trying to get some justification from all these horrible experiences, dji finally agreed to give me a 15% off from the mavic pro purchase from their web site!
So I need to give credit to dji for coming through and showing me that they do care. Even though, it may seem not much of a discount, I think I got something and tells me that they do recognize what I have been dealing with last 3 months and having non working drones. So, thank you Dji and dji support. I just placed my order for new mavic pro and ready to sail into new adventures...

Just curious . . . Did you sell your defective replacement drone to someone who was aware of its defects?
My first original one was defective. They could not fix it. Second one was not defective as it only gave me gimbal overload right after cold calibration and that's it. But I didn't want to deal with the DJI support again. So I decided to sell that one and start with the new mavic pro. I dealt didn't want to have a used! drone that someone owned before. I didn't want to take a chance of having more issues later. That's also why as soon as I get my mavic pro in gonna get insurance from state Farm as I really do not want to send back to dji again for any reason.

My first original one was defective. They could not fix it. Second one was not defective as it only gave me gimbal overload right after cold calibration and that's it. But I didn't want to deal with the DJI support again. So I decided to sell that one and start with the new mavic pro. I dealt didn't want to have a used! drone that someone owned before. I didn't want to take a chance of having more issues later. That's also why as soon as I get my mavic pro in gonna get insurance from state Farm as I really do not want to send back to dji again for any reason.

Just curious . . . Did you sell your defective replacement drone to someone who was aware of its defects?

You didn't answer the question. Did the person who bought your phantom knew it had issues?

You didn't answer the question. Did the person who bought your phantom knew it had issues?
The One I sold had no issues.. Like I said it only did it when it was cold. Before the aircraft warming up process. And after the cold calibration. Once it warms up, gimbal would go back to normal. And flied perfect. So there was nothing to mention as it flied perfect and I also did a test flight for 10 minutes before purchasing.

Why the hell did i just read through this whole **** thread... I want that 15 minutes of my life back.

Reactions: willhay555
Why the hell did i just read through this whole **** thread... I want that 15 minutes of my life back.
bottom line is there is a light at the end of the tunnel. As dji did something to make my horrible experience a little better. We all just need to not give up and try every channel available to us to get our issues resolved with them.

He talks about asking a question and not getting an answer yet does the same thing lol.
Says it had no issues but didn't want to send it back to DJI again.
A gimbal overload sounds like an issue to me.
Feel sorry for the person who bought it because he never did answer you as to if the buyer was aware of the issues.

SMH!!!

He talks about asking a question and not getting an answer yet does the same thing lol.
Says it had no issues but didn't want to send it back to DJI again.
A gimbal overload sounds like an issue to me.
Feel sorry for the person who bought it because he never did answer you as to if the buyer was aware of the issues.

SMH!!!
There are thousands of people in this forum who owns a P4 and they all have gimbal messages comes and goes here and there which is a Normal thing now for P4 model and everyone chooses to ignore it as it disappears in couple second. After I talked to dji, they also told me that only happens while I'm calibrating in second phase which is the down turn. They said I might have put it down really fast for gimbal to give the message as it goes away right after calibration. But they gave me an option to send it in if I wanted. And I said no I wanted to upgrade to mavic pro. That's was my choice. That's it. Very simple. You all need to read some more forums and get educated about the gimbal first before making a comment here. L. C.!!

Last edited:
Dude your a joke... You sold a guy a Phantom that was broken just bc you didn't want to deal with DJI. If it was working fine then why did you sell it? And it seems as if you did go back to DJI and they solved your problem with the gimbal error. Have you called DJI yet or just emailed them?

Hi quiet frankly I will never touch another dji product again. after reading this and many other threads about the issues and the problems I have been having with my p2,f550 and f450. They are exactly like Apple products. Managed to get the p2 going but as far as the 550 and the 450. I will use the frames and do a complete rebuild using anything but dji stuff.

What do you mean they are exactly like Apple products?

This whole thread was a waste of good time!! But we did learn one thing about Kaan Orer didn't we.

Wow, I thought you would have settled this matter by now. Like I said, don't trust anything DJI support tells you. If they email it to you, it still won't tell you anything, just stuff in general. Nothing that can be thrown back at them. You will for sure probably not get your own drone back! They did me the same way, sent me a list of parts that I knew were not needed to repair my gimbal and shell but I paid it anyway to get it repaired quickly and back to me. I followed the repair process daily on their website and they carefully explained what they were doing and even through the testing and analysis the serial number stayed the same. However when it was shipped, the serial number changed. I inquired and was told also that my drone was not repairable, after all that watching the repair being done! They did send me a new one but left off the propeller mounting springs! When asked for the 40th time about what caused my crash, one supervisor told me that the flight data logs did not show anything that could be considered a warranty issue and other support staff, April and Florence, told me that the flight data was not on the drone!!!!! THEN, they told me that I had to furnish them that data for them to run analysis of the crash! Yeah, I know. DJI is so messed up in their service department that they even lie to each other. Good luck in coming out on this. Fight them hard, you'll have to in order to break even! Be sure to let us know what happens. Good LUCK!!
Jim
WA5TEF

I had a terrible experience with DJI customer service when I received my first P4P. It would disconnect from the RC after 8 minutes of flight no matter what condition. And I'm not talking about video signal loss but RC disconnect. Hovering 10' in the air a few feet in front of you. Did not matter what condition. Tried relinking RC, multiple mobile operating systems and devices (not like that should cause a RC disconnect I'd think?) but nothing would fix it. I contacted support via telephone and waited on my lunch break for about 28 minutes each time to be disconnected once reaching an agent. I contacted support via chat and they told me I was probably flying too far away and that I could be on top of a car or rock pile or some type of other source of Jenkyness. But the problem was I had changed all possible locations, updated firmware and had performed every kind of reset procedure I could find and nothing had resolved my issue. Sometimes you just get a bad unit. I called me neighbor up and told him about the issue and he said "Dude my Phantom 4 is rock solid, I take this thing in the snow." And then he hung up on me. I made two clicks and returned it to Amazon for another. I have not had any issues since.

I dreaded contacting DJI at this point for a refund on my care refresh for the returned drone. This time I had emailed and I am happy to say the entire process was pleasant and prompt. While I did have to provide the same information multiple times the issue was resolved in a week.

So I will have a bit of faith in DJI's knowledge and research for they give us these awesome toys that I could never imagine in my wildest dreams to one day possess and hope I never have to deal with the bad side and the good sides of customer service, again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl