Sent my phantom 4 in and this is what I got from them. *UPDATE* DJI gave me 15% off!

You guys have scared me. I hope I don't have to send mine in anytime soon. I knew I should have gone with the SOLO.

Don't worry, I think they make DJI support sound worse than they are, I had to send my P4 in on Boxing Day after it falling 100M out of the sky due to a faulty battery, I got a replacement within 3 weeks no questions asked, over all I have had an alright experience with them! [emoji38]

Reactions: umneycreep
I see all the good points but, what I have been through for almost two months now, was and is not fun at all. they made this situation a bad one instead of a smooth one in my case and Like they agreed, I need some compensation for all the bad service during this time. They said someone from management will call me within 24 to 48 hours!! sounds familiar? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't understand how they make such nice drones but customer service is garbage. Why can't they be like apple? lol they make good phones and have good service

I had great service with dji twice now. First time was in warranty but second hand and fix it no problem. Second time again second hand and out of warranty and yet they still fixed it at no cost to me. So for me there customer service is great[emoji106]

Reactions: umneycreep
Ok. Here is an update on my Used P4 replacement. I did 3 short flights and very first time it gave me gimbal motor overload error after the calibration. And yes I did my gimbal calibration and IMU calibration as well. Also, this one does not stay still in the air while hovering like my new one would. Big difference. Which is very annoying. I did another IMU calibration as well to see if it would resolve but no luck. Any suggestions? I really don't want to send it in again after my disaster experience with them.

Normally, the IMU calibration would resolve this type of issue. Therefore, a need to contact DJI support. Most likely they will need you to send it in to them.

Normally, the IMU calibration would resolve this type of issue. Therefore, a need to contact DJI support. Most likely they will need you to send it in to them.
done the IMU calibration twice. still does. there is no way I am sending my ( sorry someone else's) drone back again for 2 months of no response crap! just looking for a fix without sending it in.

Ok. Here is an update on my Used P4 replacement. I did 3 short flights and very first time it gave me gimbal motor overload error after the calibration. And yes I did my gimbal calibration and IMU calibration as well. Also, this one does not stay still in the air while hovering like my new one would. Big difference. Which is very annoying. I did another IMU calibration as well to see if it would resolve but no luck. Any suggestions? I really don't want to send it in again after my disaster experience with them.
Are you maybe in Atti mode?

I'd sell it and cut your losses. No reason to go through the DJI BS again. (just hope nobody from this forum buys it lol)

Reactions: KAAN ORER
At which altitude exactly do you hover for testing stability and with non ambiguous pattern ground. ? If within 8-10 meters consider calibrating VPS.

Last edited:
done the IMU calibration twice. still does. there is no way I am sending my ( sorry someone else's) drone back again for 2 months of no response crap! just looking for a fix without sending it in.

Make short clip and put it on youtube to see how bad it is.

Make short clip and put it on youtube to see how bad it is.
I will do that tomorrow. It's not so bad but from my original one is day and night. My original one would not even move an inch while hovering. It was extremely solid in the air.

15 to 20 feet = within VPS operation range. If VPS not calibrated he will not correctly assist for stability basis ground pattern. But let's see the vid first.

Note in advanced GO4 App options the downwards Vision Positioning option should be enabled to provide accurate stable hovering (craft must be connected to review settings)

Last edited:
Reactions: KAAN ORER
15 to 20 feet = within VPS operation range. If VPS not calibrated he will not correctly assist for stability basis ground pattern. But let's see the vid first.

Note in advanced GO4 App options the downwards Vision Positioning option should be enabled to provide accurate stable hovering (craft must be connected to review settings)
I am going to check that in the settings before flight as I noticed I have turned on the sensors on the app and when I restart the app again some sensor settings were off again?? seems like they are resetting to off position for some reason. another issue to add to my problems.this is getting too much for me guys. I am not enjoying my drone experience anymore.I feel like it will fell off out of the sky or something. I lost my hope on DJI. I think I am trowing the towel and gonna sell the P4. I can not face to send this one too to the people with zero care at DJI and wait another 60 days of horrible service as they want me to send this one in as well! yeah right... will keep you guys posted.

Here are the errors. I tried again. It happens every single time after each calibration before any flight and camera gets stuck and does not move until I go and restart the craft or move it around. Seems like something wrong with the gimbal. They supposedly test this used craft before they sent to me. What a joke dji. What a joke.
Screenshot_20170316-120004.png
20170316_120918.jpg
20170316_120932.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4