Sent my phantom 4 in and this is what I got from them. *UPDATE* DJI gave me 15% off!

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I bought my p4 in october 2016 and has been crash and damage free. Last month, however, I started to get vision sensor errors and at the sane time of the errors, got unknown version for aircraft. This was out of nowhere. I am on the latest version of all. It did not start doing it after i installed the latest version either. Just started one day. I tried turning it on and off many times, I used assistant 2 program to calibrate vision sensors and it did it ones, then all the errors went away, but after turning it off and on again, all errors came back. Tried to downgrade a version, was able to do it once. Then, same issue. Off and on .all came back. After that, i tried many many times to calibrate the sensors with the program, tried to upgrade the latest version, but no luck at all. It kept saying restart your aircraft to upgrade or restart to calibrate. No success at the end. I did tried to imu calibration. Still no help.
At the end, i decided to contact. Dji. They told me not to fly it with unknown version and send it in. I did. And after a week they receiving it, they sent me this email!
"Dear Customer,

You repair service of Phantom 4 has been quoted by our repair team. Please refer to the invoice below and complete your payment via paypal.

Invoice

Customer: orerkaan
Case No: CAS-438879-S2F6X4
DJI Care Balance:
Quote Date: 02-21-17
Remarks: Dear Customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. Damage not caused by product malfunction. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit (After-Sales Service Policies - DJI) - DJI North America

Item Quantity Unit Price(USD) Total Price(USD)
Phantom 4 Yaw-shaft cable sticker 1 1.00 1.00
Phantom4 left landing gear component 1 10.00 10.00
Phantom 4 Yaw-shaft motor cover 1 1.00 1.00
Yaw-axis Motor Cable Cover 1 1.00 1.00
Yaw-axis Motor 1 12.00 12.00
Phantom 4 Yaw-shaft cable cover V03 1 2.00 2.00
Bottom Gimbal Cover 1 1.00 1.00
Phantom4 right landing gear component 1 10.00 10.00
Service Charge 2 65.00/H 130.00
Freight: 0.00
Total Amount: 168.00
DJI Care deduction: 0.00
Total Payment: 168.00"
I didn't understand what all these items have anything to do with my unknown version error problem.it seems like they just want to change couple things and stick 2 hours standart labor and call it a day. And when I get it back, I'm gonna see the same error messages and unknown version issue as i think something is wrong internally with computer inside. As couple times those errors went away for short time and came back by just sitting on the table. I have never crashed, damaged or played with my drone as it is in mint condition even without a scratch.
So, i contacted dji again asked them what is the result and what is $168 for. Is that gonna fix my problem. The guy said " tech support didn't find any issues or malfunction with your drone " ????? What?
I was really mad as it seemed like they didn't even looked at my problem and try to charge me stuff that i do not need as i know my drone is in perfect condition.
So i asked them to check it again ans I'm not paying $168 for nothing and continue having my original problems once I get my drone back. He said he requested a flight records analysis and dispute invoice.
They will get back to me in couple days he said.
So, what you guys think? You guys are more experienced and know more about the product and the company. Am I being suckered into paying without solving my original problem? Or this is the way they work?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's just very frustrating when i didn't cause any of these. Why do I have to pay? Isn't there one yearwarranty for defective units? Please help. Thanks.

I thought there was a 1 year warranty for defects?

Yep, I know what you mean. You are out of luck trying to get any correct information out of DJI. Their customer service is worse than none. Don't believe anything they say or put in writing. If I ever have anymore trouble out of my Phantom 4 I will find someone else to repair it or try to do it myself. Good Luck! Hope you come out on this one.
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: KAAN ORER
For what reason would they be putting landing gear parts on a mint condition drone that has no damage??

Shoot I was just getting ready to send mine in for some small cracks but I think I'll just super glue them and let it go.

Reactions: garbear
For what reason would they be putting landing gear parts on a mint condition drone that has no damage??
I have no idea. I even double checked my case number thinking they mixed me up with another drone case. That is why I'm scared to get my drone back. I really don't know what they are doing

I hope you took a photo of your drone and it's serial number. They sent me back one that was in worse condition than the one I sent in. When I told them that they had sent me the wrong one, they said oh no sir that's yours. Then when I said that I had photo proof that it had a different sn, he put me on hold came back and apologized and said your couldn't be fixed so we replaced it. I said yeah with one that is in worse shape than the one that I sent in. After going through all it was doing, I had to process a whole new claim including proof of purchase ( I had just done this) and sent it back. Finally replaced with a new one. So, with that being said, you can't be to careful. Good luck with yours.

Sent from my iPad

I hope you took a photo of your drone and it's serial number. They sent me back one that was in worse condition than the one I sent in. When I told them that they had sent me the wrong one, they said oh no sir that's yours. Then when I said that I had photo proof that it had a different sn, he put me on hold came back and apologized and said your couldn't be fixed so we replaced it. I said yeah with one that is in worse shape than the one that I sent in. After going through all it was doing, I had to process a whole new claim including proof of purchase ( I had just done this) and sent it back. Finally replaced with a new one. So, with that being said, you can't be to careful. Good luck with yours.

Sent from my iPad
Far out ,,drone swappin ay,,,when i got me p4 ,,,was new from noel lemming shop ,,when got home props damaged and batt missing,went back next day got sorted,,,had no flights on log so just kept it,,,been all good thankfully:cool:check the box

I understand that accordingly DJI policy they are not necessary sending back your drone but can be an another one, ie refurbished, but has to be of same performance the one you should have. Looks like an invoice with repair items list doesn't mean necessary they will repair it for you on that basis.

Looks strange the root cause was not found but they provided listing of items to be replaced. Maybe a mistake. Not being able to reproduce the problem (if tried) is already a bad start. I would always try to send evidences in, ie screenshot with errors, video, flight log.

KAAN ORER, did you send in evidences and was this discussed? If under warranty they should not invoice if no evidence of crash and no user error found. Basis the infos they have and their analysis of the internal data log let's hope the invoice dispute will success. Good luck!

To give an idea about refurbish policy;
DJI Refurbish

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
I got this message today " please submit your data analysis form in time so we can handle the case asap"? What data? They have my drone. Aren't they supposed to review it. Man, I'm all tired of this. I did send them my screen shut errors too.

I understand that accordingly DJI policy they are not necessary sending back your drone but can be an another one, ie refurbished, but has to be of same performance the one you should have. Looks like an invoice with repair items list doesn't mean necessary they will repair it for you on that basis.

Looks strange the root cause was not found but they provided listing of items to be replaced. Maybe a mistake. Not being able to reproduce the problem (if tried) is already a bad start. I would always try to send evidences in, ie screenshot with errors, video, flight log.

KAAN ORER, did you send in evidences and was this discussed? If under warranty they should not invoice if no evidence of crash and no user error found. Basis the infos they have and their analysis of the internal data log let's hope the invoice dispute will success. Good luck!

To give an idea about refurbish policy;
DJI Refurbish

I got this message today " please submit your data analysis form in time so we can handle the case asap"? What data? They have my drone. Aren't they supposed to review it. Man, I'm all tired of this. I did send them my screen shut errors too.

Attachments

• 20170128_123447.jpg
    20170128_123447.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 780
Yes. I did take a picture of my serial numbers. And they listed on the repair site as well. So that's OK. But it is so annoying to talk to a 3.person online and he talks to tech support. Why can't we talk to tech support directly who fixing my drone. Geezzz

Sent from my iPad

As you can see with below example they have to send you first the form so you can fill it !

Stuck in loop for repair!

wow! that is what is going on now with me than. this is crazy. for a mint condition, no crash, no user error drone, I have to go through all this trouble. I have not received an email but they put a note on my case on the web site. go figure. lets see what else

If no progress I suggest you create a thread in DJI forum quoting case number and asking escalation as per my last link. Just keep calm - I know it's wow! - and you will get support.

Reactions: KAAN ORER

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers