just modded my phantom 3 standard

Yeah mate a I have both a PSP and P3S...and I enjoy toying with both..whats wrong with that!

hey it takes allot to lift that drone for a mile or so. and to keep above your head for 15 minutes. besides all that walking back forth to get a new batteries. :cool: I would take a 12 pack but I don't fly drunk.
You are basically weightlifting with 12 pack. And since we put so many amps and a large lipo on the remote, I can feel it heavier day by day. So yea, I'm going out for an exercise. But with 12 pack, tou probably coming home with bigger belly. Lol.

You are basically weightlifting with 12 pack. And since we put so many amps and a large lipo on the remote, I can feel it heavier day by day. So yea, I'm going out for an exercise. But with 12 pack, tou probably coming home with bigger belly. Lol.
I'm going to witch over to a 12 pack of DP.

Here I am with my dbs mod still not able to get past 900m...I did improve from 300-400m to 900m but I was hoping for that 2000-3000m range everyone else was getting

Here I am with my dbs mod still not able to get past 900m...I did improve from 300-400m to 900m but I was hoping for that 2000-3000m range everyone else was getting
If you have another place to fly I would try that. If you are still getting not the best range check you mod. But if yo did go from 300 to 900m that is pretty good. there may be other things causing the problem.

Back on Allan's DBS extender picture, how hard was it to install the extender into the P3S Transmitter? I'm pondering the idea of getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I installed the DBS antenna. Best thing I have done. Got range out to 3.2klm. Now I just ordered some amps to go further. Just rethinking all the mounting options for the amps. Can't wait I got the distance flying bug lol
My vid of the long flight
I also have a video of the install of the DBS antenna in same YouTube channel

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi Jack installing the DBS extender was fairly straight forward just have to be careful removing stock antenna and wifi connections, you have to cut away some silicon to remove.

are you in CE country? them exact distances are what i got,3-400m before mod and 900m after. done papatitas mod(25dbm) and got 1900m last flight,and could have went much further.

one thing i did notice i was doing wrong.....and everyone says point at the bird,but nothing about what kind of angle the DBS should be at
when directing my RC at bird i was (wrongly) raising the angle of RC the further out and higher up i went(thinking i was pointing directly at the bird) but not realising that a small antenna angle increase at RC is a HUGE difference over distance. so i was probably pointing at the moon not the bird.
so now i kinda hold my RC horizontal to the ground and let the BDS mount take care of the angle. make sense? seems to work.
AND... when i turn to come home my signal gets way better???

yep in CE country i was holding RC horizonal too because i was not flying not that high, the higher you go adjust angle so you pointing directly at the bird..have fun!

So, we are excited for the weekend yea? I just got this baby 2W 5.8Ghz Sunhans for $42!!! Can you believe it!?! Really need to find a good spot outside Jakarta. *looking at googlemaps*
View attachment 61971
Where did you get a 2W Sunhans 5.8 for only $42., every time I see one it's much more.

Where did you get a 2W Sunhans 5.8 for only $42., every time I see one it's much more.
From a local e-commerce. I'm guessing the guy just want to release it for quick cash. It's an old silver sunhans however, and I'd prefer the new sunhans that can run with a powerbank, which I bought for about $120. So now I have 2 pieces 5.8Ghz Sunhans...

are you in CE country? them exact distances are what i got,3-400m before mod and 900m after. done papatitas mod(25dbm) and got 1900m last flight,and could have went much further.

one thing i did notice i was doing wrong.....and everyone says point at the bird,but nothing about what kind of angle the DBS should be at
when directing my RC at bird i was (wrongly) raising the angle of RC the further out and higher up i went(thinking i was pointing directly at the bird) but not realising that a small antenna angle increase at RC is a HUGE difference over distance. so i was probably pointing at the moon not the bird.
so now i kinda hold my RC horizontal to the ground and let the BDS mount take care of the angle. make sense? seems to work.
AND... when i turn to come home my signal gets way better???
Nope, I'm flying with FCC, and yeah its very directional, I try to have it pointing directly at it all the time

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj