Reaction score
I was flying a mapping mission in moderate wind (25kph), well within the scope of operating safely with the P4. It was doing a weird "bobbing" motion as it flew along, it would pitch down and then pop back up... it kept doing that repeatedly as it flew along, and then all of a sudden the video stream showed that the camera was just flopping around in the breeze.

I was able to fly it back with no problems. I sent it away to be fixed but they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Has anybody had this weird situation happen before?

Are you saying after you landed and rebooted the craft, the gimbal continued to be limp? Then when you sent for repair to DJI they found no problem? It could be a intermittent connection of the gimbal cable. Maybe jiggling the cable can reproduce the problem, since this happened in turbulent wind.

thumb_c9091d28310c5c28_1490509213000.jpg
yip i had floppy cam aswell,pic of my landing gear when cam was limp giving impression of falling from sky on tablet,landed and restart it was ok,not like the wind either it seems to go right or left as if banking in hard turn and after new firmware it not like the sun shade,makes cam twitch,never worked it out but anoying

View attachment 90815 yip i had floppy cam aswell,pic of my landing gear when cam was limp giving impression of falling from sky on tablet,landed and restart it was ok,not like the wind either it seems to go right or left as if banking in hard turn and after new firmware it not like the sun shade,makes cam twitch,never worked it out but anoying
Are you saying your craft does this occasionally, but hard to reproduce? If yes, how often does your gimbal go limp?

Quick gimbal flips are common on P4P at high speed during left turns, but the P4 doesn't have a history of this behavior, to my knowledge. Your description on a P4 seems to be different, it's not just a flip of the camera for a few second and return to normal, yours sounds different.

Are you saying after you landed and rebooted the craft, the gimbal continued to be limp? Then when you sent for repair to DJI they found no problem? It could be a intermittent connection of the gimbal cable. Maybe jiggling the cable can reproduce the problem, since this happened in turbulent wind.
Hi john here a clip i posted,sometimes when no wind aswell,,aarrgg clip went over somewhere else

Are you saying your craft does this occasionally, but hard to reproduce? If yes, how often does your gimbal go limp?

Quick gimbal flips are common on P4P at high speed during left turns, but the P4 doesn't have a history of this behavior, to my knowledge. Your description on a P4 seems to be different, it's not just a flip of the camera for a few second and return to normal, yours sounds different.
Just had a look at Ian's video clip on another thread and the camera/gimbal flops over and then resets itself only to occur again. I asked him whether there was a message on the screen app when this occurs, as was in my case (strong breeze and banking at the same time). Maximum gimbal level reached or similar.
This is a different scenario to the 'limp gimbal' which remains until you land and either power cycle the AC or change batteries.

"Are you saying your craft does this occasionally, but hard to reproduce? If yes, how often does your gimbal go limp?"

My wife tells me "too often".

Hi if your problem goes away after a reboot and your running the latest firmware july 2017
there is a known bug problem
work around change video settings to Pal or don't film in 4k try 1080p

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic