If you use a GoPro 3 or 4, DO NOT update the firmware!

So exactly from which firmware version is thing thing implemented in for Gopro Hero 4 Black?

Is it from the V02.03.00 firmware or after that?
Or does the V02.03.00 firmware for hero 4 Black still have Video out through its mini USB port?

Last edited:
No issues with Hero 4 Black. This was a Hero 3 issue only. My 3+Black took a crap, so I moved to a 4 Black and all is good. I do have a pending firmware update, but that only came up this summer. I doubt it's an issue.

Good luck,

Unfortunately I updated my Hero3 black (Not plus) before i saw this, and now i cant get the FPV to work. Has anyone been able to solve this? I just bought the setup and havent even been able to take a fpv system for a test flight... please help!

I do believe your own hope is to back rev the firmware. It's your only real option without swapping out the camera.

I was lucky to get my hands on a 4 Black when the 5 came out for a great deal.

Worst case, you may need to get your hands on a 4 black. They fit in the gimbal fine with a bit of mototool work. I have a chinese cam I used for a short while too that worked well as a substitute. It was like $65 shipped from China! Firefly 6s

Good luck.

Is there anyone who has a copy or knows where to find a copy of the old firmware? I've been looking everywhere with no results.

I do believe your own hope is to back rev the firmware. It's your only real option without swapping out the camera.

I was lucky to get my hands on a 4 Black when the 5 came out for a great deal.

Worst case, you may need to get your hands on a 4 black. They fit in the gimbal fine with a bit of mototool work. I have a chinese cam I used for a short while too that worked well as a substitute. It was like $65 shipped from China! Firefly 6s

Good luck.

I use the Firefly Q6 (totally different form factor). Great little camera for $50 on sale! Perfect for FPV...

Does anyone have an old version (v2.x) of firmware for Hero 3 White? I need to back rev mine for FPV. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj