Phantom 3 Pro + GL300F

Reaction score
I was given a Phantom 3 Pro that did not have a controller. I looked online and found that the GL300F controller is supposed to work with the 3 pro. I purchased one online and I am having issues getting the AC and the RC to work together. Initially they linked and I was able to see the camera feed in my iphone using the DJI go app. However, it showed that the RC needed to be updated and the dorne would not fly at all. I downloaded the latest firmware and was finally able to get the AC to update properly. I am not able to get the RC to update to firmware version 1.11.

In an effort to troubleshoot the issue, I downloaded DJI go 4 app and plugged in the RC. Using DJI go 4, the RC shows up as a Phantom 4 Pro with version 1.4 firmware. I was able to roll back the firmware to version 1.3 using DJI Go 4. I still cannot get the RC and the AC to link and work in either, DJI Go or DJI Go 4. It appears this RC was previously used with a Phantom Pro 4 and has that firmware installed.

How do I change the firmware in the RC from Phantom 4 pro firmware to Phantom 3 Pro firmware so it will link and work with my aircraft?

If I download the early versions of the P3 Pro firmware and attempt to load it into the RC through a USB, will it load and then allow me to upgrade through the DJI Go app?

Any suggestions are geatly appreciated.

I was given a Phantom 3 Pro that did not have a controller. I looked online and found that the GL300F controller is supposed to work with the 3 pro. I purchased one online and I am having issues getting the AC and the RC to work together. Initially they linked and I was able to see the camera feed in my iphone using the DJI go app. However, it showed that the RC needed to be updated and the dorne would not fly at all. I downloaded the latest firmware and was finally able to get the AC to update properly. I am not able to get the RC to update to firmware version 1.11.

In an effort to troubleshoot the issue, I downloaded DJI go 4 app and plugged in the RC. Using DJI go 4, the RC shows up as a Phantom 4 Pro with version 1.4 firmware. I was able to roll back the firmware to version 1.3 using DJI Go 4. I still cannot get the RC and the AC to link and work in either, DJI Go or DJI Go 4. It appears this RC was previously used with a Phantom Pro 4 and has that firmware installed.

How do I change the firmware in the RC from Phantom 4 pro firmware to Phantom 3 Pro firmware so it will link and work with my aircraft?

If I download the early versions of the P3 Pro firmware and attempt to load it into the RC through a USB, will it load and then allow me to upgrade through the DJI Go app?

Any suggestions are geatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forum.

As far as I know, a 300F RC does NOT work with a P3P. Where did you see online that they are compatible?

A P3P usually uses a 300A, 300B, or 300C (not Ver B).
A 300F RC is usually used with P4s (not v2 models).

Click here for an old compatibility chart that I put together and posted 5+ years back.
It has been copied to other drone help sites, so you may have seen a similar format during your research.

It has been a few years since I've updated it, but I don't think compatibility has changed with the old P3 models.

Reactions: Wiley 76
Using GO4 the 300F will show the 3 P4 models S/A/P in adv settings. You choose the model you want to link, P3P not listed. Never tried using GO app (you need) on the 300F, don't think it's possible. Better to sell it or trade for RC that works.

Reactions: Wiley 76
Welcome to the forum.

As far as I know, a 300F RC does NOT work with a P3P. Where did you see online that they are compatible?

A P3P usually uses a 300A, 300B, or 300C (not Ver B).
A 300F RC is usually used with P4s (not v2 models).

Click here for an old compatibility chart that I put together and posted 5+ years back.
It has been copied to other drone help sites, so you may have seen a similar format during your research.

It has been a few years since I've updated it, but I don't think compatibility has changed with the old P3 models.
Thanks for the help. I can't find where I saw that it would work. Your chart is a big help. I wish I had found this forum earlier. I've found another complete P3P for parts that has a working controller that I'm thinking about getting. I'm going to use the two to build one complete system that works.

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl