I PROVED IT! 5Ghz Wifi Booster DOES give extra range

Reaction score
I PROVED IT! 5Ghz Wifi Booster DOES give extra range!
Nothing like you see on youtube where miraculously a P3S goes 10 miles (LOL) BUT; Did manage over 1600+ Metres (5300 feet). Tested during one of my YouTube vlogs out at a dam, clear of obstructions;
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

6842 metres.png
13684 metres total.png
10 miles - Surely the standard battery would not last that distance?

Above distances in metres
Today achieved 13684 metres 44,895 feet total - landing with 8% - at an almost constant 53-54kmph. Unless additional batteries have been fitted. A ten mile distance is beyond the capabilities of the standard batteries and seems almost beyond belief

Last edited:
10 miles - Surely the standard battery would not last that distance? Today achieved 8.4 miles / 13.51 km / 44,360 feet total - landing with 8% - at an almost constant 53-54kmph. Unless additional batteries have been fitted, this distance almost seems beyond belief
Of course I was flying in P Mode - will try ATTI mode next

10 miles - Surely the standard battery would not last that distance? Today achieved 8.4 miles / 13.51 km / 44,360 feet total - landing with 8% - at an almost constant 53-54kmph. Unless additional batteries have been fitted, this distance almost seems beyond belief
ON A P3S??? :O
Sorry - I have a STRONG urge to be impolite and call ********.
If I'm wrong; can you come and fix mine like yours?

Reactions: Rohanm
ON A P3S??? :O
Sorry - I have a STRONG urge to be impolite and call ********.
If I'm wrong; can you come and fix mine like yours?

If you pay travel then you have a deal - configuration below - Magic Power plus Sunhans x3 plus replacement of internal cables with shielded ones plus Alfa APA M25 x3 - you can do the same and achieve the same outcome

Last edited:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
If you pay travel then you have a deal - configuration below - Magic Power plus Sunhans x3 plus replacement of internal cables with shielded ones plus Alfa APA M25 x3 - you can do the same and achieve the same outcome - people dont experiment enough these daysView attachment 101107 View attachment 101109 View attachment 101110
ok; that's some pretty serious kit you have there - I LOVE the idea of the shielded internal cables!
Sorry to offend; just a LOT of false claims getting about, as you know. On the down side - you probably spent as much if not MORE than (hindsights wonderful!) simply buying a P4! - I can relate; have spent huge time and a good deal of money, boosting mine up also, tho, didn't and don't worry about the video link as much, so only boosted the AC signal. Magic power etc etc, and various antennas.
What channel did you settle on for wifi?
(my image below - not sure how to insert into thread)

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 563
Had tried Argtek which was total junk then tried Itelite DBS which was very overpriced and resulted in too narrow a signal band which is impractical in anything other than straight line use. Then tried Alfa APA M25 and 2x Alfa APA M04. This took me out to 5.2km. Then I tried 3 x APA M25 and havent looked back since. I never ran out of signal on the way out using Alfa M25. Battery is the sole limiting factor on distance The return journey is another story as the video antenna is located to the rear of the drone in the area of the battery housing causing intermittent signal loss. A great drone once you figure how to get the best out of it.

Reactions: smackc4
6842 metres linear distance out
13684 metres total linear distance return

Last edited:
ok; that's some pretty serious kit you have there - I LOVE the idea of the shielded internal cables!
Sorry to offend; just a LOT of false claims getting about, as you know. On the down side - you probably spent as much if not MORE than (hindsights wonderful!) simply buying a P4! - I can relate; have spent huge time and a good deal of money, boosting mine up also, tho, didn't and don't worry about the video link as much, so only boosted the AC signal. Magic power etc etc, and various antennas.
What channel did you settle on for wifi?
(my image below - not sure how to insert into thread)

No offense taken - I enjoy the tinkering and in reality though, I have just assembled a kit based on the suggestions of various others across the forums. Off the shelf is just far too easy - improvise, adapt and overcome as some might say

Had tried Argtek which was total junk then tried Itelite DBS which was very overpriced and resulted in too narrow a signal band which is impractical in anything other than straight line use. Then tried Alfa APA M25 and 2x Alfa APA M04. This took me out to 5.2km. Then I tried 3 x APA M25 and havent looked back since. I never ran out of signal on the way out using Alfa M25. Battery is the sole limiting factor on distance The return journey is another story as the video antenna is located to the rear of the drone in the area of the battery housing causing intermittent signal loss. A great drone once you figure how to get the best out of it.
Yeah - I find the same pretty much re Argtek! Posted that elsewhere; pity I went with what a LOT of people have said about them.

Believe drone is on Channel 6 - not much interference over the Irish Sea.

Last edited:
Believe drone is on Channel 6 - not much interference over the Irish Sea. Crashed it previously into a tower 186 metres tall - lost signal and a RTH commemced - hit tower at approx 120 metres and 20kmph - fell about 30 metres and recovered itself - have a video which I should post. Damage was negligible - had to replace an LED cover and stickers plus clean red paint from the two front arms. Replaced props as a precaution
WOW :O
* So sorry for my slow reply by the way - work and distractions...
PLEASE DO post the video!! Do you have a YouTube channel I can subscribe to?
I just posted a few new ones this week - a sunset one included;
and very early this morning, this one of historical buildings I was over the moon to film, as they were of a facility next to where I worked many years ago, and were just across the river from a nearby street to me - I had no idea I'd manage the range to flky over them though!
Meant to ask, which software version are you using? I spent AGES trying out MANY, but currently just using the latest, which SEEMS ok.

and very early this morning, this one of historical buildings I was over the moon to film, as they were of a facility next to where I worked many years ago, and were just across the river from a nearby street to me - I had no idea I'd manage the range to flky over them though!
Meant to ask, which software version are you using? I spent AGES trying out MANY, but currently just using the latest, which SEEMS ok.

I'll be honest with you, I haven't a clue about video editing, or indeed what might be the best software to use for this purpose - all recommendations appreciated. I have the raw files and that'e where it starts and ends.

Last edited:

Definitely like the landscape - where are you flying

I PROVED IT! 5Ghz Wifi Booster DOES give extra range!
Nothing like you see on youtube where miraculously a P3S goes 10 miles (LOL) BUT; Did manage over 1600+ Metres (5300 feet). Tested during one of my YouTube vlogs out at a dam, clear of obstructions;

Like the video on your channel re 5G Wifi Danger -
- I presume the same concern would apply to the use of electronically boosted 5G on a drone, and particularly so for those exposed to the front side of a panel antenna or indeed the unboosted omni?

Like the video on your channel re 5G Wifi Danger -
- I presume the same concern would apply to the use of electronically boosted 5G on a drone, and particularly so for those exposed to the front side of a panel antenna or indeed the unboosted omni?
Thanks, and sadly YES; However - it is what it is, and the only way I can think of minimising exposure, would be to put a shield of aluminium or something between US and the antennas, but of course, unless one really does always keep line of sight to AC, it can often actually be BEHIND US, hence we'd be dropping the signal to it.

The consolation I believe, is that;
A. It's NOT Nuclear radiation, and
B. Whilst NO exposure is good, we do usually limit each dose to ~20 minutes each flight.
...Compared to most people carrying around a phone in their pants and/or holding it next to their face for hours, I don't OVERLY worry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.