META-REVIEW: Complete list of Mavic features & what people are saying about it

Will terrain follow work over moving water? How about snow where there is no texture?
It most likely will not work well in those scenarios since is uses the VPS to maintain the Mavic's altitude.

Another fact. The Mavic has to be flown 30% further to achieve the same FOV as the Phantom.
Assuming that percentage is true, wouldn't it also hold that the Phantom would have to be flown 30% further (toward your subject) to get the same FOV as the mavic. I've found in more situations than not, that I wish the my Phantom 4's FOV wasn't so wide. I frequently video storm clouds coming into my city's skyline, but the Phantom's lens makes the downtown skyline look 20 miles away, rather than 2.

Reactions: kmaluo
I can't find any information on whether this has a microphone - does anyone know?

It does not have a microphone.

No. No DJI product has.
What is there to hear above 4 whizzing props?

No. No DJI product has.
What is there to hear above 4 whizzing props?
I wasn't sure after watching their video about live streaming.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When live streaming, the microphone on your mobile device will be used to capture audio.

Everyone wanted a larger screen. What is the smallest phone it can accommodate? I have a Sony Z3 Compact (125mm in length) that is shorter than iPhone. Will it work?

From the DJI site:

Mobile Device Size Thickness Supported:6.5-8.5mm
Max length: 160mm
Supported USB port types: Lightning, Micro USB(Type-B),USB(Type-C)™

So... as long as your phone is not longer than 160mm it should fit, at least that's how I interpret that.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't anyone NOT want to use a remote ? I made that mistake with my Parrot Bebop 2, bought it without the Skycontroller, was totally disappointed by the wifi-cellphone performance, got the Skycontroller and got excellent distance. Went from worthless to awesome. Went from a toy grade experience to a very serious drone experience.
I agree...I started out with a Parrot Beebop and never could get use to flying with my Iphone/iPad as a controller. I totally ruined the drone due to so many crashes. I currently have a P4 and flying with a dedicated controller make a world of difference.

Has there been any information about boat mode? (Initialize and take off from a moving surface)

Bump and some addition candidates here:

• No manually-selectable ATTI Mode as of yet
• Leg folding mechanisms tested to 5000 actuations (and do not contain position sensors)
• Aircraft will boot (and presumable record) while folded
• Gimbal bubble cover can be used in flight, but is not recommended for camera use
• USB-C lead is not in the box but available
• USB-A port on the bottom of the remote should allow the use of any standard smart-device connection cable
• Prop blades are carbon reinforced (per blade strike on RC Groups) and are riveted (not individually replaceable; need the whole prop)

....still the best compilation of info and would love to keep it up! I'm linking people here

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31