I finally got the dreaded stress cracks.

Reaction score
I bought my Phantom 3 Professional the week that it came out back in the beginning of the year. When I heard about the stress crack thing I made it a habit of checking my phantom before and after each flight. The weird thing is they weren't there after my last flight and I went to check before I flew it today and there is a crack on the front right arm. So it just randomly cracked or they were there but not visible and the recent cold that came to southern California made the crack more visible. I have never crashed this bird or even had a prop strike with anything other than bugs. For those of you that have sent your Phantoms back to DJI lately in Los Angeles, what has the turn around time been like?
IMG_1521.JPG

I ordered an advanced the other day....should be here wednesday....are these new birds notorious for this now? or have they (DJI) done something about it?
I believe they have started producing a new shell that is supposed to help stop this problem. You should be fine. I don't think it is affecting the majority. Seems I just got lucky with one that was prone to the cracks. Make sure you buy yourself a balancing rod and balancer. I put my props on a balancer and two of them were perfect. and the other two were out of balance one of which was on the arm with a crack so that could have something to do with it.

I,v had zip ties on the end of each arm since new so far so good
Id rather just send it in and hopefully get a new and improved shell. Ive heard DJI in LA has really sped up their work times on repairs. Though I do hope that your fix hold strong for you!

Sorry to dig old threads up guys...

But did you ever solve this? and did the crack get worse?

I see a of posts without updates..
I balanced all of my props and bought a new shell and installed it myself. All is well now.

I sent mine back and they replaced only the broken half. I have several flights in and so far so good. I have to say one good thing was it was a very quick transaction.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers