Reaction score
Hi Phantom Pilots,

I was flying my P2V on Friday the 13th (shame on me) when I crashed.. When I recovered the drone, the camera had become disconnected.. I reconnected the servo cable & the jack on the back of the camera, although it was bent.. Flew the drone again and everything went fine. Turned if off. Rebooted the next day and initially I got an error through the app that it could not connect to the camera. Eventually, when I powered the P2V up, the camera light wouldn't even come on...

I ordered a replacement cable pack thinking that a new jack from the camera to the board would solve the issue. Replaced the jack, but still, no light on the camera. I also replaced the servo cable just in case. Still no luck.

Next, I updated the camera firmware, and the P2V firmware. Still no luck.

I was about to attempt rebinding, pressed reset on the wifi extender, but am not able to locate the MAC address. I read other threads about how to do this (email DJI, use a 3rd party wifi app etc.) but I think my issues is bigger than that.

Basically I'm f*#ked and I haven't the slightest clue how to get this thing running again.. Is the camera dead? Is it simply a binding issue? Concerned because the camera doesn't even light up when the P2V is powered on... PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

Reactions: J Dot
Check your mainboard in phantom
Look for this burnout
32A29C49-4E03-41DC-A6D6-849D5A5CCDB8_zpsm9tpgaul.jpg

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Sounds like the camera is fried, unless you know someone nearby with a Vision you are gonna need to take the plunge and buy a new camera.

Next, I updated the camera firmware,

How did you manage that if the camera doesnt have power ?

Sounds like the camera is fried, unless you know someone nearby with a Vision you are gonna need to take the plunge and buy a new camera.

How did you manage that if the camera doesnt have power ?
Well..I downloaded the file and placed it on the SD card at least..Doubtful that the firmware has in fact been updated, since the FC200 does not respond when the P2V is powered on.

On the picture you sent above ( the plug above the ( burnout spot ) has 4 wires
Red -positive power
Black - negative power
Green & white - communication wires ( send telemetry to camera! ) you should have power at red/black leads check them at that plug I think it is like 5vdc, or 5.1vdc can't remember off the top of my head? If you have power at that plug, than mainboard is good, now on ( headphone jack ) end, check ( the two bottom most surfaces ) the point is communication, next ring communication, next ring NEGATIVE, bottom ring ( closest to wires, is POSITIVE. If no power here ( BAD CABLE OR CONNECTION ) if you have power here, camera power board is fried!

J Dot

On the picture you sent above ( the plug above the ( burnout spot ) has 4 wires
Red -positive power
Black - negative power
Green & white - communication wires ( send telemetry to camera! ) you should have power at red/black leads check them at that plug I think it is like 5vdc, or 5.1vdc can't remember off the top of my head? If you have power at that plug, than mainboard is good, now on ( headphone jack ) end, check ( the two bottom most surfaces ) the point is communication, next ring communication, next ring NEGATIVE, bottom ring ( closest to wires, is POSITIVE. If no power here ( BAD CABLE OR CONNECTION ) if you have power here, camera power board is fried!

J Dot
Thanks! What kind of device do I need to check power??

Also make sure white cable is FULLY INSERTED, sometimes it feels like, but if pushed will click one last time ( NEVER attempt plugging or unplugging ANYTHING EVER, while phantom is powered on! ) EVER!

Lastly,
Stupid question, but ( is your camera turned ON? To wifi on!

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Also make sure white cable is FULLY INSERTED, sometimes it feels like, but if pushed will click one last time ( NEVER attempt plugging or unplugging ANYTHING EVER, while phantom is powered on! ) EVER!

Lastly,
Stupid question, but ( is your camera turned ON? To wifi on!

J Dot
Will check the connection when I get home to ensure a secure lock. And yes, the camera is definitely switched to "wifi on"

Multimeter set to DC voltage! They are about $20 for a decent one Home Depot, or alike!

And don't worry my friend, I've rebuilt over 50 fc200's, easy to fix, if you know what's wrong!

Also if that cable connection has no power, unplug it, make sure pins are not bent over, under plug!

J

Here is how to retrieve Mac addy.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Multimeter set to DC voltage! They are about $20 for a decent one Home Depot, or alike!

And don't worry my friend, I've rebuilt over 50 fc200's, easy to fix, if you know what's wrong!

Also if that cable connection has no power, unplug it, make sure pins are not bent over, under plug!

J

Here is how to retrieve Mac addy.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thanks! Am I incorrect in assuming that binding cannot happen if the camera is not receiving power??

Correct, unlike the plus units with internal wifi module units, the vision non plus ( camera egg ) has its own built in wifi board ( bottom most board in stack ) you can connect your phone to extender, but extender can not connect to camera if there is no power, as it will not emit signal for extender to locate and bind to! If it is broke, I can fix it for you, or I have several spare cameras in perfect working order!

Trust me
Here is my world:
image.jpeg

J Dot

Correct, unlike the plus units with internal wifi module units, the vision non plus ( camera egg ) has its own built in wifi board ( bottom most board in stack ) you can connect your phone to extender, but extender can not connect to camera if there is no power, as it will not emit signal for extender to locate and bind to! If it is broke, I can fix it for you, or I have several spare cameras in perfect working order!

Trust me
Here is my world:
View attachment 54954

J Dot
Got it. So the first order of business is to establish if the board is supplying power to the camera, right? No point in getting a camera from you if the board is bad. Can you email me privately? [email protected]. Maybe we can facetime or skype this evening if you have the time. Would be eternally grateful if a seasoned DJI pro could wake me through some of this stuff..

@J Dot
Hey Jerry sorry to butt in I just wanted to say hello since it's been a while and I hope all is well with you and your family!

That is quite a collection;)

I still love my P2V with your yaw switch and it gets plenty of air time but I have to replace the shell soon because I have a few stress cracks around one of the motors:eek:. I picked up a P3P a while back and couldn't help myself and got a P4 too:rolleyes:. Loving the P3P and kinda wish I didn't get the P4 but sport mode and the IFM are pretty cool.

Anyway take care Bro!

Good to hear from you Mike,
Brian ( member above ) has bought himself a p4 as well, I'm not there yet
Still working on p2v+ no video feed problem. I reverted to each version of DJI vision app hoping to find a solution, nothing yet! But am looking forward to a p3p.

Hope life has been treating you well, looks like your in for some serious fun. I've been flying heli's lately, as they are a BLAST! Still get fly time with phantoms as well! But heli's are by far, aLOT more fun to fly!

J Dot!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic