Craft won't connect after crash and repair

Reaction score
I have a P3s, bought new. Had a few light crashes here and there, all easy repairs. Been flying for a year or two with no problems. I had my battery go bad at 400 ft of elevation. Craft lost power and video and landed on my roof. Broke the camera ribbon cable, roll arm, gimbal hanger, gimbal mount, and 2 props. I was shocked it wasn't just a pile of plastic shavings and reistors!

I recovered all the parts, split the shell, made sure it was safe to test, and taped the shell back on. no gimbal was installed at all. It conencted like normal, no video of course. Props powered on (after new props were installed). I decided to fly it to see if it was worth repairing the gimbal. It had some vibration (I still had 2 crash props on it, which I later decided probably caused the vibration). It flew well. It was in ATTI mode. I landed it (it tipped on landing, in grass, didn't worry me).

I pulled it apart and replaced everything that was damaged. I glued one of the 2 white squares next to the battery tray back to the housing. One was loose. I didn't research what these are. The wires to everything were intact. Once powered back up, the gimbal goes beserk all the time. Just thrashes around against the travel limits. I am good at repairs and I am sure the camera and sensors aren't backwads. I fillowed a video on YT of course. Just to make sure, I rotated the camera 180 degrees on the elevation shaft. After that it did the same thing, except stays pointed all the way down (or up, I forgot) when it is between "thrashes". If definitely looked better before. So I switched it back to the correct way I originally had it. The remote wouldn't see the AC at all. I read about re-linking, and that was when I discovered that the re-link RC button was torn off the main board. That is the only damage I can see, it appears to have pushed into the case. I replaced that button (not easy for me, but I got it). Replacement worked, as I am able to go from solid red light on the link LED to flashing red. With both RC link methods, the lights on the RC and AC link indicator never change. I spent 20-30 minutes trying every combination of RC link button presses, both methods, both my batteries, etc. No change.

I decided to update the firmware. I downloaded the firmware 2 days ago from the DJI web page, and put it in the AC. Camera/Gimbal LED goes to slow red/green like it should. I can leave it for 90 minutes, and nothing changes. I tried a few times. then I deleted the firmware off the SD card, reinstalled it, and I get the same thing.

Front LED on AC RED
Rear LED flashing yellow (slow)
Camera LED Green (sometimes), usually it is just solid red
Controller is solid RED

I have a few times been able to get the rotors to power up with the remote. Some times they don't.

My remote has NEVER been opened. No mods on craft. I've never messed with the firmware since the day I took it out of the box to use it and followed pre flight instructions to update. Any ideas?

Crazy gimble after crash is usually the yaw motor. Check YouTube for more.
Thank you! It is really annoying. I will look into that. Obviously, priority #1 is getting the RC and AC to get along (link). But this will need to be addressed as well.

Anyone have any ideas about the link issue? Fixing the motor won't change this and it's a brick if I can't link.

So true. I changed the flex cable all the way to the camera / main board. I can't get anything but a blank screen on my RC GL300E. DHI wants me to send it in, of course. any ideas?
Hugo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan