Howto : Replace your damaged RC ribbon cable

Reaction score
Hi,

I read a lot of threads here about the P3 flat "con board / main board" ribbon cable.
It's a very sensible cable that you can damage when your open or the RC or manipulate it with a pliers.

I damaged mine when I installed the DBS mod (topic here : iPad not recognized after DBS itelite mod)

As this piece is not sold by BJI, I wanted to share here how to replace the ribbon.

Step 1 : Find a new ribbon

Good news, the DJI ribbon has a strange shape, but it's a regular 1-1 ribbon cable !
- Pitch : 0.5mm
- 32 circuits
- 6cm long
- same side connectors

I easily find ribbons with the same pitch but 32 circuits seems not to be standard...
I order a 40 circuits cable here : 15166-0435 | Câble en nappe, 40 voies, pas de 0,5mm, 0.152m | Molex
(French eletronics online retailer as I live in Paris, France)

Cables are sold by pack of 5. (trust me 5 cable is ok, see step 2!)

IMG_2715.JPG

Step 2 : Cut extra cirtuits
This is the very tricky part. Take your time ! I succeded in after two trials.
I trimmed it using a cutter with a fresh blade.

IMG_2725.JPG

Step 3 : Replace the damaged ribbon
IMG_2728.JPG

It works perfectly now :)

I hope this helps !

Brind

Hi,

I read a lot of threads here about the P3 flat "con board / main board" ribbon cable.
It's a very sensible cable that you can damage when your open or the RC or manipulate it with a pliers.

I damaged mine when I installed the DBS mod (topic here : iPad not recognized after DBS itelite mod)

As this piece is not sold by BJI, I wanted to share here how to replace the ribbon.

Step 1 : Find a new ribbon

Good news, the DJI ribbon has a strange shape, but it's a regular 1-1 ribbon cable !
- Pitch : 0.5mm
- 32 circuits
- 6cm long
- same side connectors

I easily find ribbons with the same pitch but 32 circuits seems not to be standard...
I order a 40 circuits cable here : 15166-0435 | Câble en nappe, 40 voies, pas de 0,5mm, 0.152m | Molex
(French eletronics online retailer as I live in Paris, France)

Cables are sold by pack of 5. (trust me 5 cable is ok, see step 2!)

View attachment 43978

Step 2 : Cut extra cirtuits
This is the very tricky part. Take your time ! I succeded in after two trials.
I trimmed it using a cutter with a fresh blade.

View attachment 43979

Step 3 : Replace the damaged ribbon
View attachment 43980

It works perfectly now :)

I hope this helps !

Brind
Hey I just damaged my ribbon.so did it work and is it still working.and if it works do it givery u any problems?

For anyone interested, I just received ribbon cables (32 pins) that perfectly fit the remote. I broke off mine while installing a DBS Mod. Will be happy to sell one and send it.

Send me a DM.

Attachments

• 2016-08-25 21.46.08.jpg
    2016-08-25 21.46.08.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 598
Reactions: AD7ZW
For anyone interested, I just received ribbon cables (32 pins) that perfectly fit the remote. I broke off mine while installing a DBS Mod. Will be happy to sell one and send it.
Where did you buy those?

And what about the connector? I'm afraid I damaged it while was opening my rc. It doesn't hold the flat anymore. It doesn't seem a common one. Where can I find it?

Hi old thread but hopefully someone can help, it looks like the original cable is fitted with the white spot opposite to the spot on the pcb (both main pcb and connection pcb) when i did a continuity check on my ribbon cable (disconected) there appears to be several cross connections,so just wondering how a straight through cable replacement works ?
my phone is not being seen by the GL300B having just received a replacement USB pcb so desberate measures

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic