Phantom 3 Adv Gimbal Ribbon Causing Issues

Reaction score
So I have had my Phantom 3 Adv since 2015 and so far I have replaced the body once. After doing the shell replacement it flew great, I did a good job putting it back together. Then I have had video lag issues were the delay will range from 2-8 sec. I did a fix found here Phantom 3 Advanced Video Lag FIXED! – UAVDoc and during that I believe I damaged the oem ribbon cable. So I bought an FStop Labs replacement on amazon. After installing it, the gimbal would act crazy flopping all around and never settling down. I'm considering ordering an OEM replacement to see if that helps. Any ideas? Here is a video of the issue.. http://guitarer.tk/p3a.mp4

1.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 472
I'd say it looks more like Flat Film Wire issue than a ribbon. Green light means power is ok and Ambarella is working fine.
If the gimbal will do the same if you disconnect ribbon from OFDM, then you definitely have an issue within the gimbal.

Could you describe what flat file wire issue is? Also, what is OFDM? Thanks for your suggestions!

I'm considering ordering an OEM replacement to see if that helps.

I've read at least two other posts recently concerning non-OEM replacement ribbon cables that caused gimbals to not respond properly. Not sure if that's related to your situation but it might be worth investing in a DJI supplied cable. Good luck.

Thanks Scissor man, leaning heavily towards that option, if I go with an OEM I will report back here what happens.

Ok so I got my OEM ribbon and about to put it on but I seem to have lost the little black hex screw, does anyone know where to buy a replacement or exactly what size it is?

Attachments

• yaw screw.png
    yaw screw.png
    394.2 KB · Views: 426
Ok, so I was able to put the OEM gimbal ribbon on and it is working great! One thing I realized that in my video previously I may not have had the little black hex screw in, so either that was the case or the 3rd party non-oem ribbon caused that issue. Here is the video I followed to replace the gimbal ribbon.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic