How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

I know that P3S only use 2.4g wifi(not 5.8g wifi) frequency for video. RC 5.8 ghz don't use wifi module chip. There is another chip for modulation of RC 5.8ghz. RC 5.8 didn't depend on wifi module.
He talks about 5.8ghz configuration depending of the area configuration.
Many people don't understand that Papatita mod change 5.8ghz configuration too ... to -> BO: DFS-JP , the result "seems" not as good as US: DFS-FCC (but better than "CE" 5.8ghz configuration ^^)

Why do you talk about wifi chip ???

I know that P3S only use 2.4g wifi(not 5.8g wifi) frequency for video. RC 5.8 ghz don't use wifi module chip. There is another chip for modulation of RC 5.8ghz. RC 5.8 didn't depend on wifi module.

And here the wifi chip at all? and 2.4 Ghz, we are talking about 5.8 Ghz, that when the BO region, US, CE. Changing the frequency range of 5.8. I even painted, what frequency to which region. Mod 27dBm relationships do not have anyone to the choice of the region and Fcc mod

He talks about 5.8ghz configuration depending of the area configuration.
Many people don't understand that Papatita mod change 5.8ghz configuration too ... to -> BO: DFS-JP , the result "seems" not as good as US: DFS-FCC (but better than "CE" 5.8ghz configuration ^^)

Why do you talk about wifi chip ???

I'm on the CE configuration, flying less than US. Initially I had CE, after all the tests, US, proved to be the best. It became my drone fly + 30% range. You can do this proveprit, changed in files, watchlog.sh watchlog2.sh REG = "BO" in the REG = "CE". The letters should be only capital

I'm on the CE configuration, flying less than US. Initially I had CE, after all the tests, US, proved to be the best. It became my drone fly + 30% range. You can do this proveprit, changed in files, watchlog.sh watchlog2.sh REG = "BO" in the REG = "CE". The letters should be only capital
I leave in France so i had default CE configuration too.With papatita mod i noticed an improvement on 5.8ghz (because it apply BO: DFS-JP settings and no more CE area).
I don't use and no need to use channel 13. What files i have to modify with papatita mod (watchlog.sh and watchlog2.sh ?) to change to FCC settings for 5.8ghz (US: DFS-FCC) ?
Thx

Last edited:
I leave in France so i had default CE configuration too.With papatita mod i noticed an improvement on 5.8ghz (because it apply BO: DFS-JP settings and no more CE area).
I don't use and no need to use channel 13. What files i have to modify with papatita mod ? (watchlog.sh and watchlog2.sh ?) and what settings i have to change to have FCC settings for 5.8ghz (US: DFS-FCC) ?
Thx

Yes that's right. You need to modify these files and put in place REG = "BO", REG = "US". Then you will become the US region. But still I advise to change the channel between the drone and the remote control. Because the default 6th there. Sometimes, in the city where a lot of wifi networks, video begins to disappear through 100-200 meters. To do this, go to scan13.sh there and put in place -ch13 on -ch11. In the program tick where to channel 13 (instead of it is 11th) and if all goes well. Unsubscribe by results

Thank you for the infos. It's exactly what i was looking for ( force FCC settings on 5.8ghz )
I'll do a test outdoor in open area this week end.

Thanks to Papatita for this mod

Reactions: Tirex
As you know it, "iw reg set US or BO" is wireless region configuration. It is sure that it affect WIFI (2.4g and 5.8g) configurations. But, 5.8g RC signal is not WIFI. Just it use 5.8g band frequency with the other protocol and other module. So, I don't sure that "iw reg set US" affect the RC 5.8 signal also.

cafe_naver_com_20161124_143351.jpg

As you know it, "iw reg set US or BO" is wireless region configuration. It is sure that it affect WIFI (2.4g and 5.8g) configurations. But, 5.8g RC signal is not WIFI. Just it use 5.8g band frequency with the other protocol and other module. So, I don't sure that "iw reg set US" affect the RC 5.8 signal also.

View attachment 69279

And here the Wi-Fi 2,4 GHz module and 5.4 Ghz? This is quite different modules, which are independent from each other. Wi-fi 2.4 Ghz module panel is responsible for receiving video from a drone on the panel. A 5.4 Ghz is management. You posted the circuit board, so it does not RC Phantom 3 Standart. It's from something else control. You understand that in different countries, its frequency open, where you can pass anything? In Europe alone, more in America, Japan third. I will write logs to the drone, which it knows the frequency and on what works, when you change the region, and you persistently repeat again that it is not affected. Even the points ranges painted with channel width.If you're in not sure, it's your right. But the logs from the RC completely different, which I have already laid out. If you believe only your feelings do not want to accept the facts, it is your right that no one can take, but do not mislead people

And here the Wi-Fi 2,4 GHz module and 5.4 Ghz? This is quite different modules, which are independent from each other. Wi-fi 2.4 Ghz module panel is responsible for receiving video from a drone on the panel. A 5.4 Ghz is management. You posted the circuit board, so it does not RC Phantom 3 Standart. It's from something else control. You understand that in different countries, its frequency open, where you can pass anything? In Europe alone, more in America, Japan third. I will write logs to the drone, which it knows the frequency and on what works, when you change the region, and you persistently repeat again that it is not affected. Even the points ranges painted with channel width.If you're in not sure, it's your right. But the logs from the RC completely different, which I have already laid out. If you believe only your feelings do not want to accept the facts, it is your right that no one can take, but do not mislead people

It is RC inside of P3 Standard. Good luck!!!
phantom3-standard-teardown-00481_jpg_large.jpg

phantom3-standard-teardown-00513_jpg_large.jpg
phantom3-standard-teardown-00495_jpg_large.jpg
201611241534220.jpg

Last edited:

Attachments

• 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 429
  • 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 440
  • 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 420
Reactions: Zeuspower

You generally are understood what I mean? No? I tell you that in different regions have different frequency band to 5.8, we for some reason I write about power? With that power here? Yes, the picture one who did it right, power 5.8 is not changed by changing the region! But the bandwidth and when the channel is wider to transmit the signal is good. Do you understand or not? You kind of education? Why are you in a transmitter power vault, and on what frequencies and bandwidth for you as I understand it does not matter ? I'm talking about a wall. At the bottom of the picture that the frequency analyzer, it only measures the signal strength, but not a word about the width of the channel frequency. He writes a 5.8 GHZ, super. And more? He did not measure the channel at the US became wider. Power at 5.8 Ghz, does not change. The transmitter will not allow it, it needs to be changed. What I did late

If you think so, do change reg set US. That's all. I also use my own scripts on RC and AC. I also fly my P3S 3~4km long.

Reactions: Tirex
I live in CE(Finland) area an i have patched with 5.1(24dmb) is it recommended to patch again with 5.2?

If i understand correctly no, it's only for P3S new firmware?

P3 4k

Thx.

Jani

Last edited:
Hi PapaTita, I saw that you are already working on 5.3. Correct? Wanted to do the mod but should maybe wait for last version. Great work! A big thank you for all the time spend developing the tool!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I don't see why to wait? You can rollback to default if 5.3 has to something to offer you, and then patch 5.3
PapaTita, what new is coming in 5.3?

Great app, thx.

Jani

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT