How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

I'm guessing there is a reason for why the mod is not working on P3SE. Does anyone know why? From what I understand it is the same RC as for the P3S and just as the P3S/4K it uses wifi.

Last edited:
you mean in southeast asia? how about the region code? default (BO)?
yes, i am running bo and can fly very far even with crazy wifi all around me(image taken from kuta beach, bali, flew in front of hard rock cafe), 1km plus and signal still holding strong, decided to come home because of the battery
94b0b77d180fca5c3178029b3a2f35ae.jpg

I have a P3s, Running FW 1.9.20 and app 3.1.23 (Android).

I want to change my channel from 6 to 13 and maybe boost my signal (I'm from EU)
(using this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
), but I get "Connection refused".

I read in the comments that you have to use the Magic Power mod to get it to work.

Which Firmware works with which version of Magic Power ? Where do I download the lastest version of Magic Power?
(Is this the right link? https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B-OwLuqQde7oUXRGTXVjSmpKZEU )

And do I have to downgrade my firmware ? If so, what is the best way to downgrade ?

Sorry if this question has been asked 1000x before, I didn't really want to read all the 72 pages

I just successfully, first time, installed Magic Power on my P3S on the latest firmware [1.9.20]

Thanks guys!

Hello, i have a phantom 3SE and i am in EU (France), is it possible to make this mod on a phantom 3SE ?? i want to set fcc if its possible because I am limited to a distance of about 300 meters before losing the connection and it annoys me i bought this drone because everywhere they say it can go up to 4 km and 300 meters it begins to lose. help me please !! I want to go further than 250 to 300 meters before losing my connection with the drone !! it's boring. Thanks for help.

Edit: For Magic Power v5.x please look at post #3

Sorry I created new thread to answer many questions about application windows DJIUpdate.exe, this app used to raise Tx-Power 2.4 GHz up to 27 dBm.

With new mod 2.4Ghz then video/live streaming so the better, minimize lag and unexpected effects became more far-reaching.
The application works with inject script (watchlog.sh) into the device and then run in djiled.sh

View attachment 63913

View attachment 63914 View attachment 63915

Additional features (DJIUpdate v3.6):
  1. Unlock channel 13
  2. Automatic Channel Scan (13-1)
  3. Change Channel Manually (1-13)
  4. Limit 20dBm (for user signal booster / amp).
  5. Revert Back to CE (restore to default / Stock)
  6. FCC Mode (20 dBm)
  7. Tx-Power selection from 20 dBm up to 27 dBm
Working with firmware:

P3S:

• 1.5.7 (recommended)
  • 1.6.8 (please downgrade to 1.5.7 or upgrade to 1.7.90)
  • 1.7.8x
P3-4K:
How to Update:

Change Channel Manually:

Download Application

** Specifically for the Phantom 3 Standard / 4K **

Technical discussions about how the mod please ask to existing topics: Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Regards,
PapaTita
How can i do this on phantom 3 se? I tryed with this and on step 2 it says cant telnet to rc.please hepl me :)

I'm currently using MP on my p3-4k. Firmware version is v.1.5.40. I noticed that there is firmware upgrade available (v.1.6.40). Is MP working with that new firmware?? Is that new firmware working better than older?

I don't want to upgrade the firmware if it doesnt cause it probably would reset 27dbm to stock ce.

Hello all!

I want just to check that I have done everything correct.

Here is 2 screenshots of telnet.

192.168.1 (RC) and another is 192.168.1.2 (AC)

I'm good to go(fcc)?? I live in CE area.

Doesn't that "country US: DFS-FCC" mean that it uses FCC power to 5.8 GHz also?
f36bd4ba93f79e1720f766dacf661500.jpg
deaa12dbe8cb546748489a8693dafbf8.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everybody and hello PapaTita!
I've not been flying for a long time but now i would like to take off again with the P3S.
I'm stuck on the 1.5.7+ FW version with 3.1.30 app. I've already modded with the magic power 3 (maybe 4, can't remember); should i upgrade the firmware?
Any suggest is appreciate!
Thanks in advance!

step 1 add telnet command, then telnet test performed at step 2. therefore after step 1 should be restart.

Step 2 fail, maybe you are too fast running step 2 when connection to wifi is happening.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I keep getting error "Cannot telnet to RC". I've tried it several times, including reboot etc., but still no luck. What am I doing wrong here?

P3 4k and keep getting this error. following all video steps. Something different for my bird? Ran fine on my P3s. Have not updated firmware from box.
Clipboard01.jpg

Hello all!

I want just to check that I have done everything correct.

Here is 2 screenshots of telnet.

192.168.1 (RC) and another is 192.168.1.2 (AC)

I'm good to go(fcc)?? I live in CE area.

Doesn't that "country US: DFS-FCC" mean that it uses FCC power to 5.8 GHz also?
f36bd4ba93f79e1720f766dacf661500.jpg
deaa12dbe8cb546748489a8693dafbf8.jpg
I have the same thought with you, i select region US and double.check with telnet again, yes it is written US, but still i lose signal 5,8ghz under 500-600M , i'm also searching how to check the 5,8ghz dbm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic