Help! Phantom 4 Pro wont fly straight or camera is crooked.

Reaction score
Hi. I have a brand new phantom 4 pro that I got as a replacement. My old drones camera was crooked. When I take videos I cannot get the video to look straight, yet when I hover it in front of me the camera is straight? Any ideas? (During tap fly it doesn't appear to fly straight either)
Thanks!

Hey. Yes I have it appears straight and calibrated fine when hovering in front of me. I took a video where I was about 350 ft up and 700 feet away. I feel like itight be the wind making it fly at an angle. I will try tomorrow at a lower altitude with less wind and report back.

The gimbal should compensate for any wind. My P3S sometimes looks off when viewing the horizon. I think the camera angle/degrees and lens may be contributing. I just re-calibrated but haven't been able to test it out just yet.

Well it's not the horizon that is tilted its in the video it appears the drone is not flying straight or the gimbal is a little to the left or right.

Do you know what the maximum file size is? I took a video today but it said it was too big to upload.

Ok. Tomorrow I'll export in 720p so it is smaller. I gotta go to bed though. I will upload it tomorrow at around 4 pacific time.

Do you know what the maximum file size is? I took a video today but it said it was too big to upload.
You could upload your video to YouTube and then post a link back here.

Reactions: Technical Bob
I'm commanding the drone to fly straight but it appears to be drifting to the left even thought the camera appears straight.

I'm commanding the drone to fly straight but it appears to be drifting to the left even thought the camera appears straight.
Your horizon looks OK so I think you're level but it appears you're fighting it to keep it on course.

Were you in GPS mode? Harder to fly and subject to drifting in ATTI. The other possibility is the IMU which I'm not familiar with. I do know the IMU is what keeps the bird steady. You might try calibration of the IMU.

I have calibrated everything and I am in GPS mode
Could be a defect? Maybe someone else can weigh in.

I would test it out in a different location. Low altitude where you can watch more closely. Could it be your controller?

You might also try setting up a waypoint, orbit, or course-lock. See if you notice any difference. Better yet, run a mission on Litchi where you don't even need to use the sticks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.