New firmware update

Reaction score
Sept 6, 2017. v02.00.0106.
Phantom 4. I included the version and date because I have read many discussions about upgrades and never knew which one or when it was. Went through the process via Assist 2 from my PC, and went smoothly. Did an IWU, which was totally different, but it did fix my "crooked horizon" problem. Flew yesterday and tried the new tripod mode. VERY windy here in Illinois, kept it low, but worked flawlessly. Ancious to use the other new features included in this upgrade. Looks like they took a lesson from Lieche.

This firmware was released last month. I waited a while before updating. My P4 said to update a couple of says ago, so I did.
I had slanted horizon before the update. Looks okay now. May have to do some more checking since it was too windy to take it above the trees for a good check. I just was just looking at my rooftop and it was level.

The way you worded your post it looked like a new version was released today.

I am new at this and have a question about firmware. Hope this is the correct place for thjs. I live in southeast Florida (Delray Beach area) and the entire area from West Palm Beach to south Miami (about 100 miles) is covered by assorted airports from Miami International to general aviation. I thought I read here that the updated firmware blocks out ANY flying within the 5 mile airport radius. Now with my original firmware from April 2017 purchase (P 4 standard) I see the warning and can accept it and keep flying. Does the updated firmware block me from flying within 5 miles of any airport?? If so my drone will be useless after a firmware update, which my screen is "screaming" at me to do every time I fly. I am a Realtor and ALL of my clients and prospects are within a few miles from the coast where the airports are. Some guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thanks. Went to the DJI no fly zone page and it does say that most of the airports in SE Fla are in No Fly zones. Current link below to the page showing Boca Raton air[port. Shows a small (maybe 1 mile) radius for ABSOLUTELY NO FLY) but a large area showing AUTHORIZATION ZONE. Which it says can be "unlocked by authorized users using a DJI verified account."

Any idea what this is and how to become a "DJI Verified account?
"
DJI - Fly Safe: No Fly Zones

OK. Did some research. DJI has a page ( DJI GEO System - Unlock Areas For Authorized Access ) where you can go and see a map of No Fly zones and selectively UNLOCK one or more of them for 3 days. (Cant unlock the actual No Fly - like Wash DC or the immediate vicinity of an airport) but you can unlock the surrounding Restricted area (The 5 miles radius area) You have to enter your RC serial number (says you can get it from your DJI App "general/About. but mine was not there. I entered the number from the sticker on the back of my RC) . Went to a new page, Entered my Cell # and they sent me a "token" number which I entered and got to select the 3 day period for unlocking. Guess you need to do this each time you fly. A nuisance but Better than nothing. Once you do this you are Verified. Still need to go to the site to unlock again but not to verify.
DJI GEO System - Unlock Areas For Authorized Access

I always keep my software and firmware up-to-date on my P4P, P4P controller, and Epson BT-300 goggles (and DJI Go 4 App device). To my joy, I can finally get into and out of ALL Intelligent Flight Modes. It seemed like forever when waiting to get the new intelligent functions to work as expected. Patience ... it works now. Now if only DJI can HOLD BACK on new releases until THEY have fully field tested new releases.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor