GUI Version of DatConverter

Hi Rowland--

I'm glad to see these updates. I have some questions 4 you.

a) Can you add a setting in the converter that allows the user to select the amount of data they would want? Instead of every 10th of a second be able to select .25 (1/4th) second.

View attachment 54630
Already exists. It's the Sample Rate found in the CSV Panel. It's default is 30 Hz but you can set it to 5 Hz which would be really close to the .25 second that you want.

Hi Rowland--

b) . On my standard windows setup it will not resize any part of the gauges, and the canvas remains locked. This is the number 1 reason I have not shared any dashware created videos using the most data detailed converter.

Hi Frank, you need to select a Video File by clicking on the + circled below in black of size 1920x1080 to resize the canvas to the template size. Let me know if that works. Maybe post it in a new thread so as not to hijack this one.

upload_2016-5-22_10-10-17.png

Beta version 2.2.12 is available here. There was some cleanup from the reorganization of the internals a few betas back. There are also a few added columns worth mentioning.

magYaw is yaw computed from the magnetometers and the FC's values for roll and pitch. It's not the same computation that is used by the FC to compute yaw. magYaw is useful in situations where the FC's value of yaw is questionable. E.g. Standard - Insight on my Fly Away? - HealthyDrone & YT Link. It's been observed that differences of a few degrees between yaw and magYaw are associated with COMPASS_ERROR_LARGE and YAW_ERROR_LARGE

velGPS-velH is a column that is the difference between the velocity based on GPS coords and the FC's velocity. This can be useful when either GPS coords are questionable or the FC's calculations are questionable.It's been observed that high values of velGPS-velH are often associated with SPEED_ERROR_LARGE.

It should emphasized that magYaw and velGPS-velH are diagnostics. The FC doesn't actually use these values.

Reactions: Digdat0
A new version of DatCon is available here. It is essentially beta version 2.2.12 with one bug fix involving the battery current value. It would help me if users could upgrade to this latest version as I am getting an increasing number of questions about issues in past versions that have since been fixed.

thanks for your hard work on this, BudWalker .. this is a great utility and your ongoing maintenance is much appreciated. Hope to play around with it on some DAT files this weekend.

The source for a nonGUI version of DatCon can be found here. src/Files/CLIDatCon is the main entry point.

A new version of DatCon is available here. Version 2.3.2 has three new fields associated with the smart battery. Go here for documentation on those fields

Reactions: Ed209
Nice new addition.

In the batteryStatus column I have a flight I'm looking at that shows the number 1 on like the last 2000 lines. When checking the .CSV Column Description to see what number 1 is for, there is no number 1 reference. I'm not sure but I think it might be for something to do with BatteryVoltageLowWarning? I notice the number 1's started about the same time the battery reached 30% remaining point. That is where I have the 1st warning set with in the App. There isn't any reference for the 1st warning listed so I thought maybe this was a possibility?

Nice new addition.

In the batteryStatus column I have a flight I'm looking at that shows the number 1 on like the last 2000 lines. When checking the .CSV Column Description to see what number 1 is for, there is no number 1 reference. I'm not sure but I think it might be for something to do with BatteryVoltageLowWarning? I notice the number 1's started about the same time the battery reached 30% remaining point. That is where I have the 1st warning set with in the App. There isn't any reference for the 1st warning listed so I thought maybe this was a possibility?
You're right. The value 1 was omitted by mistake. The documentation has been fixed. The value 1 means "UserBatteryReqGoHome" which comes directly from the code for the Go App. It's never been clear to me what the naming scheme is for these labels.

I'm hoping someone has an insight into an issue I have using DatCon: I get little or no Lat/Long data in the output CSV - but lots of other data (that seem pretty reasonable viewed in the DashWare guages). When viewed in DashWare there are no path traces, and clicking GeoPlayer in CsvView results in "Lat and Long don't have values" output in the log area. Indeed viewing the CSV in Excel, 5 of the 6 DAT/CSV files I've tried have all cells of the "Longitude" and "Latitude" columns blank - the 6th CSV file has entries, but only in the bottom few hundred rows. I have a Phantom 3 4K purchased a few weeks ago...could there be something special/different about P34K DAT files? I've tried DatCon 2.3.0 and 2.3.2 - they both exhibit the same behavior.

Any ideas why Lat & Long data wouldn't be present in DatCon converted CSV files? Thanks in advance...

I'm hoping someone has an insight into an issue I have using DatCon: I get little or no Lat/Long data in the output CSV - but lots of other data (that seem pretty reasonable viewed in the DashWare guages). When viewed in DashWare there are no path traces, and clicking GeoPlayer in CsvView results in "Lat and Long don't have values" output in the log area. Indeed viewing the CSV in Excel, 5 of the 6 DAT/CSV files I've tried have all cells of the "Longitude" and "Latitude" columns blank - the 6th CSV file has entries, but only in the bottom few hundred rows. I have a Phantom 3 4K purchased a few weeks ago...could there be something special/different about P34K DAT files? I've tried DatCon 2.3.0 and 2.3.2 - they both exhibit the same behavior.

Any ideas why Lat & Long data wouldn't be present in DatCon converted CSV files? Thanks in advance...
Could you check the numSats column? If it's less than 8 then there won't be any GPS data. You might also check the gpsHealth column which needs to be 4 or 5.

Thanks for the quick reply!
numStats ranges 0..5 (I estimate mostly 4), and gpsHealth ranges 0..3(I estimate mostly 1's). What is the implication of these numbers (numStats < 8 and gpsHealth < 4)? Is my P34K defective? It seems to fly just fine and gets sufficient GPS satellites to indicate "Safe to Fly (GPS)".

Thanks for the quick reply!
numStats ranges 0..5 (I estimate mostly 4), and gpsHealth ranges 0..3(I estimate mostly 1's). What is the implication of these numbers (numStats < 8 and gpsHealth < 4)? Is my P34K defective? It seems to fly just fine and gets sufficient GPS satellites to indicate "Safe to Fly (GPS)".
Maybe you aren't looking at the right .DAT. It can be tricky getting the right one.

Maybe you aren't looking at the right .DAT. It can be tricky getting the right one.
Interesting...I converted yet another DAT file, and it DOES have Lat/Long (and as you suggest, it has numStats 9..11, and gpsHealth 3..5). And, indeed, my flight path appears in GeoPlayer, the KML loads and displays in Google Earth...but the flight path does not appear in the DashWare Synchronization tab nor on the video overlay (but it does appear in the Analysis By Time and Analysis By Position tab!?!?). Not sure why DashWare wouldn't display the flight path like that...

The DAT files recorded on my P34K have weird date/time stamps...I'm not really sure what's going on with them. I'll make a couple of test flights tomorrow, shutting down the P34K after each flight and give the resulting DAT files a try.

Thanks again for the help and for the awesome DatCon and CsvView apps, I'm sure I speak for the respondents in this forum that we really appreciate your time and contributions!

Reactions: Digdat0
Interesting...I converted yet another DAT file, and it DOES have Lat/Long (and as you suggest, it has numStats 9..11, and gpsHealth 3..5). And, indeed, my flight path appears in GeoPlayer, the KML loads and displays in Google Earth...but the flight path does not appear in the DashWare Synchronization tab nor on the video overlay (but it does appear in the Analysis By Time and Analysis By Position tab!?!?). Not sure why DashWare wouldn't display the flight path like that...

The DAT files recorded on my P34K have weird date/time stamps...I'm not really sure what's going on with them. I'll make a couple of test flights tomorrow, shutting down the P34K after each flight and give the resulting DAT files a try.

Thanks again for the help and for the awesome DatCon and CsvView apps, I'm sure I speak for the respondents in this forum that we really appreciate your time and contributions!
Can't help much with the Dashware issue. One thing you might check is to see if DatCon GUI is showing the green "Dashware Compatible" in the lower left corner. If not, the User Manual (Help -> User Manual) will explain what needs to be done.

If you haven't already you should check out the Picking the right .DAT here.

Can't help much with the Dashware issue. One thing you might check is to see if DatCon GUI is showing the green "Dashware Compatible" in the lower left corner. If not, the User Manual (Help -> User Manual) will explain what needs to be done.

If you haven't already you should check out the Picking the right .DAT here.

I have exactly the same problem of DRoss.

Convertions from DAT to csv is fine and all data imported in Dashware seem to be consistent. The map is faulty instead. It just rapresents a straight long line.
If I look to the corresponding files on google earth it shows the correct flight path instead.

what could be ? What can I provide you as files to better understand the problem ? really a pity the map is not displaying :(

thanks a lot.

Luca

P.S:
very sorry for my poor english.

Convertions from DAT to csv is fine and all data imported in Dashware seem to be consistent. The map is faulty instead. It just rapresents a straight long line.
If I look to the corresponding files on google earth it shows the correct flight path instead.

what could be ? What can I provide you as files to better understand the problem ? really a pity the map is not displaying :(

thanks a lot.

Luca

P.S:
Sorry, but I don't use Dashware and don't know that much about it. Are you using the Dshware profile found here? One thing you might check is to see if the DatCon GUI is showing the green "Dashware Compatible" in the lower left corner. If not, the User Manual (Help -> User Manual) will explain what needs to be done. Failing that you might try to contact @Luap via a PM - he created the Dashware profile.

thanks a lot.

Luca

P.S:
If you PM me the csv I can have a look

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member