Got this message while Flying Sport: "Warning:[GPS]data exception (in flight) Using"

Reaction score
Got this message while Flying Sport: "Warning:[GPS]data exception (in flight) Using"
It pop up several time but P4 did fly normal, no issues other than a scary warning/gps message.
anybody else? anyone know what this mean?

Thanks

The angle of the quad tilts forward when in sports, which I think causes some issue with the data its receiving from the GPS sensor. Probably be fixed next firmware.
Yes possible cause of the error message.

It pop up several time but P4 did fly normal, no issues other than a scary warning/gps message.
anybody else?
I've never seen that message myself, but I personally think the P4 RC is a weak performer. In theory your issue doesn't sound like it's link related though. How close was your craft when you saw these warnings? I tend to agree with Stealthmatt.

Hey StealthMatt, have you seen this same warning message? You seem to know about it, but didn't say if you've seen it before.

Regarding the RC being weak, I constantly get quick disconnects and reconnects using the GL300C RC with my P4, even with windsurfer at moderate distances of 3000 to 4000'. Most of the time the "no signal" disconnect message is for a second or two and it relinks quickly. I have never got that message with my P3P, it just never happens. Sometimes my P4 will lose control links long enough to trigger RTH at moderate distances of 3000 to 4000'. Again, that has never happened with my P3P. Both Phantoms run chan#31 at 4mbps bitrate. My confidence has dwindled with my P4 so much that I took my P3P on vacation recently because I know it will perform, and it did. But 2wks ago I linked a GL658A Inspire controller to my P4. Oh man, what a difference. I've gone out 12,000' with no windsurfer at my normal flying area and didn't lose a bar.

I have been getting that same message in my last flights, yesterday being the most recent. I wasn't in sports mode, but in P with OA off. It would constantly flash on screen as I was flying but did not affect anything. I also had this message this past weekend while in sports mode. I'd like to know exactly what it means as well.

I got this message each time I fly in sport mode , I believe there is another thread about this issue in p4 help section , and some one asked DJI and no answer posted yet so I keep my eyes open

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks you all for the replies. The good thing is the aircraft didn't do anything weird, apart from the messages. I did fly up to 1.7km and that's not bad, I guess. I was in sport mode when all these messages triggered.
I'm very tempted to try the inspire controller now. Any disadvantage? It seems to have all same switches, right?
Thanks! :)

I got it yesterday also for first time, I was scooting pretty fast in S mode but nothing came of it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

From user DJI-Bladestrike on the DJI Forums regarding this issue, he said:

"All -

This happens mostly in sports mode. This is due to the angle of the attack of the quad. You see you still have a high number but those are a mix of GPS and GLONASS systems. I wouldn't worry to much since one you slow down or decrease the angle of attack you will regain lock immediately. "

Got the same thing in sport mode the other day idk what it is?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

i saw this for the first time yesterday when i was going 54 MPH in sport mode, i was thinking i was going to have to bring her home in atti mode, but the second i slowed down to bring it in for a landing it went away. a scary moment though!

I've never seen that message myself, but I personally think the P4 RC is a weak performer. In theory your issue doesn't sound like it's link related though. How close was your craft when you saw these warnings? I tend to agree with Stealthmatt.

Hey StealthMatt, have you seen this same warning message? You seem to know about it, but didn't say if you've seen it before.

Regarding the RC being weak, I constantly get quick disconnects and reconnects using the GL300C RC with my P4, even with windsurfer at moderate distances of 3000 to 4000'. Most of the time the "no signal" disconnect message is for a second or two and it relinks quickly. I have never got that message with my P3P, it just never happens. Sometimes my P4 will lose control links long enough to trigger RTH at moderate distances of 3000 to 4000'. Again, that has never happened with my P3P. Both Phantoms run chan#31 at 4mbps bitrate. My confidence has dwindled with my P4 so much that I took my P3P on vacation recently because I know it will perform, and it did. But 2wks ago I linked a GL658A Inspire controller to my P4. Oh man, what a difference. I've gone out 12,000' with no windsurfer at my normal flying area and didn't lose a bar.
Yeah, well at least we have metal now. :(

Why would they make the controllers worse???

I am having the same issues but I want to use my P4 remote with my P4 for warranty reasons should something happen. I guess I should stop thinking of stuff like that and just fly the **** thing but redic.

I saw this error today while out flying over a cruise ship in the English Channel from Guernsey and had glazed over eyes for a few milliseconds and worried that I would see my P4 descend into the ocean. Thankfully everything was fine and it sounds like it's not much to worry about.

Inspire RC (I have the type C with the highest output of 0.785W) works great with the P4. As a matter of fact I never flown the P4 with the original RC, still in the foam box as it came (less the plastic wrap). I only charged the original RC and check it out for connection and back in the box...sleep tight weak link.
After the IMU/Compass calibration the maiden fly was over an empty field on Indian Res (yes, it ended up with cops and being chased out) and did about 7.3mi round trip no problems at all, solid bars all the time.
My friend with a stock P4 flown the same route right after me and did about 5mi round trip only interrupted by the cops but a few times got Tx/Rx alarms and brief interruptions, never needed to relay on RTH.
If you can find/buy a P3 RC type A or Inspire RC type C a lot of the P4 connections will go away.
And also the original P4 RC works with P3/A/P and Inspire drones.

Reactions: John Locke
After a little over 30 flights, I finally flew in Sport Mode today, and just like the others above, I also got that warning message. Since I had already read this thread, I wasn't too worried. I have the latest DJI Go app so they haven't fixed it yet.

Also, I was going to say that I didn't know why it took me so long to put it in Sport Mode. Of course, I was being cautious and didn't want to crash it so soon...or ever for that matter. All I can say is WOWY!!! I got up to 60 mph and was passing vehicles on a 50 mph speed limit road. I wouldn't doubt that using Sport Mode will limit the life of the motors so I will do it only every now and then.

same issue here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers