Flytron Strobe Lights

I've been using these stobes from flytron for the past 3 yrs. A totally legit company, only thing is the shipping takes a while from Turkey, Usually RMRC has them in stock........I would use them on my TBS Discovery and Flamewheel 450....

The original Flytron Strobes work great for me, just received the new CREE version and they are much brighter, so should meet daylight waiver requirements no problem. Have been using the small squares of Scotch Outdoor 1.5X fasteners from Home Depot, works great.
IMG_1497.JPG

Reactions: azgeek
The original Flytron Strobes work great for me, just received the new CREE version and they are much brighter, so should meet daylight waiver requirements no problem. Have been using the small squares of Scotch Outdoor 1.5X fasteners from Home Depot, works great.

I've been looking at getting the new CREE version. Mind if I ask where on the aircraft you have them positioned?

Was in German... Here's a translation...

Holder for STROBON Standalone Blitzer for Phantom 1 to 4

Fits STROBON Standalone and STROBON Cree Standalone

Our straw holders are simply clipped onto the landing gear (Snap On)

Easy assembly and disassembly.

Insert the straw into the holder and click into place.

Weight with bulbs only 7.7 grams.

With us, you only purchase the mount for mounting on Phantom 1 to Phantom 4

The STROBON standalone is NOT included in the scope of supply.

Delivery: 2 pieces holder (1 x left, 1 x right) "WITHOUT" STROBON standalone

About the STROBON Standalone:

USB rechargeable strobe light with onboard battery.

Strobon Standalone is a good navigation solution for

Closed drones like DJI Phantom.

Reactions: BigAl07
View attachment 78240
Curious about who you got the Cree version from. Did you have to go to Flytron in the UK or did you find a US distributor? By the way, really nice webpage!

Reactions: BigAl07
I put Red and Green lights on the side facing outward for navigation/orientation, and White on the back facing a bit upward for collision avoidance (assuming anything that will collide with me would be coming from above) and to avoid getting in the camera lens.
IMG_1521.JPG IMG_1522.JPG IMG_1523.JPG
I've been looking at getting the new CREE version. Mind if I ask where on the aircraft you have them positioned?

Reactions: azgeek
Just to carry this conversion a little further, maybe to far. When placing the strobes on the drone, should the drone be considered a aircraft, beacon, or other ? On a aircraft red is on the left, and white on the right, in the front. A beacon, at least the ones I saw, where red is on top.

I am working with a guy in my office who does 3D printing. If he can get something together that works well, I will undercut the German pricing and sell them for only $15!!!;)

With all of the folks looking for Daylight Opps Waiver for their Part 107, seams like 3D printed Strobon holders would be a good seller.... at the right price! :eek:

Keep me in the loop if your office buddy comes up with something

I put Red and Green lights on the side facing outward for navigation/orientation, and White on the back facing a bit upward for collision avoidance (assuming anything that will collide with me would be coming from above) and to avoid getting in the camera lens.

Thanks for the pictures! I'll have to figure out another spot for my orientation lights because of the sensors right there on my P4P. I wish they would just build the proper lighting in these from the factory.

Reactions: Eddyfisher
Just to carry this conversion a little further, maybe to far. When placing the strobes on the drone, should the drone be considered a aircraft, beacon, or other ? On a aircraft red is on the left, and white on the right, in the front. A beacon, at least the ones I saw, where red is on top.

What do you mean when you ask if the drone should be considered an aircraft, beacon, or other? On a smaller airplane when looking down on the aircraft the left and right position lights are red on left and green on right. See FAR § 23.1385(b). There's another position light at the far back of the aircraft that is white FAR § 23.1385(c). Anti-collision lighting can be either red or white FAR §23.1401(d). Hope that helps.

Reactions: Eddyfisher
A buddy of mine drew up a Strobon holder in his 3D print software like the German ebay guy sells, in about 2 minutes. (I have none of those skills) I just need the Strobon for size. The Flytron site says they are closed until tomorrow. So I am sure they are backed up. I guess I'll get one when I get one

What do you mean when you ask if the drone should be considered an aircraft, beacon, or other? On a smaller airplane when looking down on the aircraft the left and right position lights are red on left and green on right. See FAR § 23.1385(b). There's another position light at the far back of the aircraft that is white FAR § 23.1385(c). Anti-collision lighting can be either red or white FAR §23.1401(d). Hope that helps.
I really don't know how to explain it any simpler. Why do you think the lights are mandated to be in certain locations? To help pilots and others, figure out the path of flight. I guess I should have said the locations where based on the pilots right/left. So, if it was considered an aircraft, wouldn't it make sense to follow the protocol? If other, turn it into an Unidentified Flying Stroke, a UFS.:D

When your flying your drone, would it not be helpful to know which way air traffic is going? That is why knowing the location of the lights can be useful. I am starting to think I am getting way off topic. I hope this helps understand what I was saying.

Last edited:
I really don't know how to explain it any simpler. Why do you think they(aircraft) are mandated to be in certain locations? To help pilots and others, figure out the path of flight. Very straight forward. I guess I should have said the locations where based on the pilots right/left. But, any one that has had at least ground school, would know that. So, if it was considered an aircraft, wouldn't it make sense to follow the protocol? If other, turn it into an Unidentified Flighting Stroke, a UFS.:D

When your flying your drone, would it not be helpful to know which way air traffic is going? That is why knowing the location of the lights can be useful. I am starting to think I am getting way off topic. I guess I could have throw in Part 135 for commercial drone flyers. Then you could of had a lot of fun with the FAR's. Dam, I guess I could explain it better.

Oh ok I get what you were saying before lol. I guess the FAA doesn't require the position lights because sUAS doesn't fall under the Part 23 for airworthiness. It would be so helpful to have those lights. I have my private pilot for rotorcraft and it drives me crazy that they don't require the position lighting.

I'm from Australia so just curious if it's actually legal to fly drones at night in your countries or are you all just winging it and hoping for the best not to get busted? Pretty sure it's illegal across my entire continent.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4