Flytron Strobe Lights

I just bought 2 Flytron Strobon Cree for $48 USD shipped to Seattle. Cheaper than Amazon. Use PayPal and you don't get the credit card exchange fee

W#F you flying at night ??

W#F you flying at night ??
I'm getting ready to... I have my daylight operations waiver in hand, and all my lighting/gear for the launch site and drones. My VO is also trained. Just waiting for right opportunity now..

I'm getting ready to... I have my daylight operations waiver in hand, and all my lighting/gear for the launch site and drones. My VO is also trained. Just waiting for right opportunity now..

I'm in seattle too, Let me know where and when you go. I can VO if you need.

Cheaper than Amazon
Yes, Amazon only has the Firehouse strobes from what I can tell. Flytron direct is definitely cheaper. I have Firehouse in hand, and Flytron in transit (also Seattle). I believe they may be identical.

Reactions: pomonabill220
Would be interesting to see what they are like during the day as I don't fly at night but would like to see my drone better during the day.
These will not help during the day, unfortunately.

I dunno I did a Google search of the company and there's a LOT of negative reviews that this company is a SCAM

STROBON PowerLED Strobes from Flytron - Page 8 - RC Groups

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Have ordered strobes and other gear from them for over 2 years, I found them to be very reputable. Sounds like a urban legend. Just one disgruntled person making a lot of noise doesn't make it true. Also, I have both regular and cree standalones and they are tiny, light, and bullet proof for strobes. Truly amazing little strobes. I went through tons of other stobes from ebay and other RC outlets, they all pale in comparison.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Adding my voice: my order came without issue. The company is not a scam.

They work. They help you find it, even in daylight, though not out to 3 miles in day. I don't know about the price on the CREE, but I wish mine were a little brighter.

I also have the Lume Cubes, which are brighter, but quite a bit larger. I use those more for illuminating other objects when it's not bright out, for photography, not to make the UAV more visible,

Chris

Reactions: BigAl07
w.jpg

2-6S dual xenon burst light
After getting my P4, I started using my P2 just for fun (gimbal/camera long destroyed), installed 3 color blinking led's around the body, 16 small white led's in upper shell pointed up lighting the colored prop stripes, then added 3 xenon strobes (front, rear and bottom) wired into the other led's powered by a spare iPhone battery, that's what made the difference. The xenon ones give off a blinding light much like an aircraft. Made a two strobe rig to Velcro onto the side of the P4 using a small 3.7v rc batt in case of night shots also. These were around $10, I cut the regulator off and power directly off the 3.7v batt (any batt charged by usb will work).

Reactions: ianwood
While they could help during the day (in certain light conditions) they won't help a lot or for a long distance. The strong flash does help catch your eye if you're looking in the right direction but even just a few hundred feet away the light becomes almost invisible in bright daylight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94