Flytron Strobe Lights

I think nav light convention has it that red should be on the left , green on the right. This is common to ships and aircraft.

Strobes are not navigation lights though.
Nav lights don't flash but I thought if you can get orientation information from the strobe colour then why not?

I've just received Three Strobon Cree from Flytron, one red, one green and one white. 120º radial spacing with white forward will cover the full 360º on the horizontal and enable me to ascertain rough orientation at range.

The bright white one for our purposes should probably be thought of as a "landing" light and placed on the front so if you can see only the white strobe then you know you are heading roughly home.
If you see alternate red and green you are flying away.
If you see only red or green then you are flying across the way.

That's the idea anyway ,lol.

I don;t see the point in having RED or GREEN or any particular colour to help identify it's direction . . .at night . . just look at the display. The only value of a strobe is to identify it location (bearing and relative height only) at a greater distance than normal given poor lighting contrast or DISTANCE. . . you cannot maintain Mavic size UAS, VLOS, unaided beyond about 1300ft. . . but with the mini-strobes you can see it out to a mile or more.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
Heh. Well with all components working, sure. But it is possible to lose video signal, still have RC control (or for that matter, your app/device to crash,) and not have a display to look at. Just don't expect to be able to use the strobes for orientation a mile out :)

I installed these and did a flight tonight. The crees are getting it done. I only flew 1,000' out so far but these are easily visible and I'm sure would do the trick at 2k' out, which is really the most I'd need. They have officially replaced my ds-30 strobe. The bird is much lighter as well. These pics are where I placed mine. One is on top of the polar pro light kit which takes care of top-up, and one is under my battery tray facing down. I have no problem seeing the bird with all those lights and no strobe gets in the video. Excellent.

Just curious how these are working in comparison to your DS-30? Are you still using them or similar ones?

Just curious how these are working in comparison to your DS-30? Are you still using them or similar ones?
Still using them. Have not used the ds30 since getting them.

Careful where you place them. If they’re too far in front of the camera you’ll get spillover in your shots.

Careful where you place them. If they’re too far in front of the camera you’ll get spillover in your shots.

I put a DS-30 on top and ARC II behind gimbal underneath. I get a tiny bit when the camera is pointed straight. I’m thinking of switching to black props for the front. So far happy with both.

I was wondering the same thing. It should definitely get some attention. And bring up that high people likely won’t hear it.

I dunno I did a Google search of the company and there's a LOT of negative reviews that this company is a SCAM

STROBON PowerLED Strobes from Flytron - Page 8 - RC Groups

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Not Sure Why Anyone Say That About This Company. I have purchased a total of 8 strobes for all my drones. I received ONE which had a bad battery. I made a call and received a replacement strobe in 2 days. They fixed my issue quickly, quietly, and professionally!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj