Flytron Strobe Lights

Reaction score
I bought a red and white strobe and I really think they work well. There have been several posts about strobes but I have a short video so people can see what they look like.

I flew out to 10,364' this morning and could still see the strobes. I was flying in sport mode and that was the limit of my battery before auto RTH. I am holding the strobes on with two small rubber bands per strobe.

Last edited:
I ordered a couple from the UK. Those things are bright, and small. Hurts my eyes. They sale a lot of interesting items. It was cheaper then Amazon.

I bought a red and white strobe and I really think they work well. There have been several posts about strobes but I have a short video so people can see what they look like.

Thanks for posting. I just received two of the red versions yesterday. Extremely bright for such a small led. Overall unit dimensions are much smaller than I was originally thinking. I'm now looking for mounting options.

Reactions: DigitalSkyPilot
Thanks for posting. I just received two of the red versions yesterday. Extremely bright for such a small led. Overall unit dimensions are much smaller than I was originally thinking. I'm now looking for mounting options.
Let us know what you come up with. I am putting 4 on the drone to light it up. Up here we have a lot of low flying planes. So I am doing every thing I can think of to avoid any problems. Hard to believe some thing that small could be that bright.

I mounted mine with HD Velcro and they work great.

Hard to believe some thing that small could be that bright.

The new CREE versions have the potential to be even brighter. We're waiting on some real-world testing (with meters not eyeballs LOL) to make the final conclusion though.

Don't need a meter. The FAA spec is 'visible at a distance of 3 miles'. I'm trying to find a straight stretch of road where I can 'walk' off the distance over which I can see mine.

Don't need a meter. The FAA spec is 'visible at a distance of 3 miles'. I'm trying to find a straight stretch of road where I can 'walk' off the distance over which I can see mine.
They say they meet FAA standards with the Cree led. $18.32 each isn't really cheap. Why does our dollar suck so bad? That is a awful exchange rate.
STROBON Cree® Standalone - Flytron

Last edited:

Here in the mountains it's VERY hard to find a stretch we can access and mark off 3M. we tested ours (at night) to a distance of 13,000' (laterally not AGL) and we could still clearly make out the aircraft. I couldn't go any further because of geographical conditions.

Scam? How in the world is it a scam? Great product at a fair price. I've been running them now for a few months and my only regret is not ordering them SOONER!!
I'm very interested in the product myself but before I buy anything from anybody I do a search of the company and product and see what I find , I provided a link in my reply , did you buy from that company ?

I'm very interested in the product myself but before I buy anything from anybody I do a search of the company and product and see what I find , I provided a link in my reply , did you buy from that company ?

LOL! Well it's always buyer beware but you do realize that out of the sheer number of happy customers usually only the upset few will make the noise??? Add to the fact when people get mad they search for the company name and will "Bandwagon" against that company on a forum (this one as well).

All I can tell you is mine came in after a few weeks and have worked perfectly since. I'd estimate mine have maybe 40 hours of use to date and are still going strong. I don't expect them to last forever because they were cheap to begin with but so far they perform like a champ.

As always YMMV.

Here in the mountains it's VERY hard to find a stretch we can access and mark off 3M. we tested ours (at night) to a distance of 13,000' (laterally not AGL) and we could still clearly make out the aircraft. I couldn't go any further because of geographical conditions.
Not that easy in west central Ohio either. Your results are encouraging though. Which version did you test, standard or the new Cree version? I have the original, haven't found a US distributor yet that has the Cree version. Hate paying the exchange rate and credit card fees.

Reactions: BigAl07
Not that easy in west central Ohio either. Your results are encouraging though. Which version did you test, standard or the new Cree version? I have the original, haven't found a US distributor yet that has the Cree version. Hate paying the exchange rate and credit card fees.
Standard version. I was waiting until others got the CREE and to see if they perform any better than the standard units do.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik