Reaction score
I'm knew to the Phantom. My P4 arrives tomorrow. Woo-hoo!

I understand that the Go app creates flight logs. What if I occasionally use another app like Litchi? Does it keep its own log? If so, do both the Go and Litchi apps allow exporting the logs to some common format (CSV, Excel, etc) so that I can consolidate my logs in one place?

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

Fly first log later, have fun
Ha ha! I hear ya!

I am very particular about my logs—been creating them for a while now and just don't want to lose track of any flight time.

Last edited:
Congrats on your new Phantom and welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

There are two types of flight logs -- TXT and DAT. The TXT flight logs are created by DJI GO and stored on your mobile device. If you're using another application (e.g. Litchi), the flight logs will be stored in a different file format (e.g. CSV). The DAT flight log is created by your Phantom and stored on its internal memory card (this memory card is inside your Phantom and is not removeable).

I understand that the Go app creates flight logs. What if I occasionally use another app like Litchi? Does it keep its own log?
Like DJI GO, Litchi will also create a flight log on your mobile device. That flight log will record data as long as your Phantom is connected to your remote controller (via the downlink). If it disconnects for some reason, no additional data will be stored in the flight log until it reconnects.

If so, do both the Go and Litchi apps allow exporting the logs to some common format (CSV, Excel, etc) so that I can consolidate my logs in one place?
Litchi flight logs are stored in CSV format.

DJI GO TXT flight logs are stored in a binary format and the data within is encrypted if using a version of DJI GO newer than 2.8.3. The unencrypted logs can be read by these log readers. If using the latest version of DJI GO, only Healthy Drones or DJI Log Converter are able to decrypt and display them. Healthy Drones displays a very limited set of data, so you'll want to use the DJI Log Converter if you need to access all of the data in the flight log.

The internal DAT flight logs contain more data than flight logs created by DJI GO, Litchi, etc. You can access those flight logs using the DJI Assistant 2 application (like this), but there is currently no way to view the data within them.

As for consolidating your logs, Healthy Drones is the best option available. You can use their HD Sync application or Litchi to auto upload your flight logs. Once uploaded, they can be easily viewed from their website.

Last edited:

There are two types of flight logs -- TXT and DAT ...
Thanks for a very detailed and insightful reply!

Healthy Drone is a great one stop shop for all my log needs. I have HD sync on each of my devices that I fly with(sometimes I just used my iPhone 7 plus but mostly iPad mini 2) & once I'm logged in & hit "sync now" every single flight with tons of details about each are all right there, in chronological order, for me to review on Healthydrone.com. Gets my vote, however you only get your first 50 flights for free & have to pay after that.
I have DJI assistant downloaded but never tried it, to be fair, could be great. I just was amazed by the details that healthy drone provides, from battery temps to wind speed, I was impressed from day 1 & never followed through with DJI assistant.
Good luck & enjoy the flying!! Leave that data log "paperwork" for the new age programs that do all the work for you;-)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Just noticed your profile name SoCal Dude. I'm in the Palm Springs-Palm Desert area so if you want a flying buddy to get you "wings wet" sort of speak I'd be happy to meet you out to burn through some batteries. I've been wanting to get a P4 side by side with my P3P for bit now, haha. All in fun though, if you would like an experienced pilot with you to ease the stress of those first few flight jiggers I'm always happy to meet fellow flyers in the area.
Pm me if you'd like

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I took delivery of my Phantom 4 this afternoon!

I spent some time charging the stock battery as well as a spare battery that I bought and the transmitter is charging now. I also updated the firmware and calibrated the IMU you.

It's too late for me to go out now because it's beginning to get dark. I want my first flight to not be rushed, so I'll go out tomorrow.

There are two types of flight logs -- TXT and DAT. The TXT flight logs are created by DJI GO and stored on your mobile device. If you're using another application (e.g. Litchi), the flight logs will be stored in a different file format (e.g. CSV). The DAT flight log is created by your Phantom and stored on its internal memory card (this memory card is inside your Phantom and is not removeable).

Like DJI GO, Litchi will also create a flight log on your mobile device. That flight log will record data as long as your Phantom is connected to your remote controller (via the downlink). If it disconnects for some reason, no additional data will be stored in the flight log until it reconnects.

Litchi flight logs are stored in CSV format.

DJI GO TXT flight logs are stored in a binary format and the data within is encrypted if using a version of DJI GO newer than 2.8.3. The unencrypted logs can be read by these log readers. If using the latest version of DJI GO, only Healthy Drones or DJI Log Converter are able to decrypt and display them. Healthy Drones displays a very limited set of data, so you'll want to use the DJI Log Converter if you need to access all of the data in the flight log.

The internal DAT flight logs contain more data than flight logs created by DJI GO, Litchi, etc. You can access those flight logs using the DJI Assistant 2 application (like this), but there is currently no way to view the data within them.

As for consolidating your logs, Healthy Drones is the best option available. You can use their HD Sync application or Litchi to auto upload your flight logs. Once uploaded, they can be easily viewed from their website.

I need to create log books for my 2 -P3 Pros to comply with FAA regs on a commercial flight.
Been flying since 2014 and never thought about it until now that I'm going for my Part 107.
So I need to create a log for each bird so I have a basic history for each, and fornthe batteries as well.
Will I be able to do this using the DJI Assistant app? Will I be able to export the data into an Excel spreadsheet or similar?
From Macs....
Thx!

I need to create log books for my 2 -P3 Pros to comply with FAA regs on a commercial flight.
Been flying since 2014 and never thought about it until now that I'm going for my Part 107.
So I need to create a log for each bird so I have a basic history for each, and fornthe batteries as well.
Will I be able to do this using the DJI Assistant app? Will I be able to export the data into an Excel spreadsheet or similar?
From Macs....
Thx!
An airdata subscription will do it.

Reactions: steviefate
You could do this by hand using the tools I linked above. Airdata is probably the best available option if you want to automate the process as much as possible.

I have the same question. Airdata works well for my P4's, but how do I retrieve the logs from my older P2 and P2 Vision? DJI Assistant doesn't seem to 'see' my controller or the aircraft.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic