Firmware Update has really messed up my Drone... Help :/

Reaction score
Firstly it important to understand I am not a noob and have done an awful lot to try to rectify the issues I am getting at the moment since I upgraded last week...

1) The first big change was a black camera view when going on the DJI Go App before 4. Basically what is happening is I boot up all elements as usual and when I turn on the App there is a black screen with DJI logo in the middle where there should be a view of what the camera sees. There was never an issue before the upgrade (on any of the different devices I used for working the App).

2) I tried to downgrade using the DJI Go App to either of the older versions available, a success but no change to the view in the DJI Go App. Now my controller starts incessantly beeping and red flashing light where there should be a green. I fully charge it, when it turns on, incessant beeping and same flashing red light. I try to recalibrate controller, the App says turn off Aircraft I turn off the aircraft, try to recalibrate, same message turn off the aircraft, the aircraft is off! Can't recalibrate - Still a red flashing light and... Beeping.

3) I uninstall Dji Go App and reinstall so I can try to recalibrate. I get a brand new screen in the controller menu that I've never seen before Asking me to set remote control function - Off, Master or Slave (as well as password) I have searched and this isn't a screen anyone has mentioned before. I go to controller calibration, still doesn't allow for calibration as I'm connected to the Aircraft (I'm not, It's off).

4) I re-update the firmare and go to About in the App to find the latest settings and these are they:
App 3.1.11
Version 1.2.0.12
Remote Controller 1.7.60+

5) Now, when I try to log on using the App, I now have to pick Phantom 3 Pro (which doesn't come on with a blue camera icon - it's still grey) and then I come back out to the home page to look at firmare (as when I get to the control screen in the App it says firmware needs updating) so I press the home button and now the App thinks it's an Inspire it's connected to... Blue Camera Icon and all!!! The Aircraft suggests it is connected to the controller by the green light at the back of the gimble but no sign of that in the App as it's as good as useless... And, yes I have tried a manual firmare upgrade, the old way before firmware was upgraded by the App.

I could probably go to Litchi I know but the beeping won't be fixed by that and to be honest I'm a little wary as the DJI Go App has already fudged up it seems...

I use drones professionally after having a series of connectivity and flight distance issues early on with the Phantom 3 4k which I sold just 3 weeks ago for this Professional model, I got about 8 hours of perfect flight time (long distance, great camera connectivity and excellent camera shots) before installing the firmware and have not been able to use it since.

Phantom Pilots, what can be done??? The incessant beeping is seriously annoying!

Kind Regards,
Natalie

Reactions: streamwhuddle
I have had the same problem! Black screen! When done upgrading the controller it told me to restart the controller and it would not turn back on! So I held the button down until it turned one and the red light was blinking and all four white lights were off, and was beeping. I turned off the controller as normal and on again. All is well now.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
When you uninstall the app did you also go to files in the phone settings and delete them? When you delete the app the files gets left behind on the phone/tablet with the same settings saved for next time you install it

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Firstly it important to understand I am not a noob and have done an awful lot to try to rectify the issues I am getting at the moment since I upgraded last week...

1) The first big change was a black camera view when going on the DJI Go App before 4. Basically what is happening is I boot up all elements as usual and when I turn on the App there is a black screen with DJI logo in the middle where there should be a view of what the camera sees. There was never an issue before the upgrade (on any of the different devices I used for working the App).

2) I tried to downgrade using the DJI Go App to either of the older versions available, a success but no change to the view in the DJI Go App. Now my controller starts incessantly beeping and red flashing light where there should be a green. I fully charge it, when it turns on, incessant beeping and same flashing red light. I try to recalibrate controller, the App says turn off Aircraft I turn off the aircraft, try to recalibrate, same message turn off the aircraft, the aircraft is off! Can't recalibrate - Still a red flashing light and... Beeping.

3) I uninstall Dji Go App and reinstall so I can try to recalibrate. I get a brand new screen in the controller menu that I've never seen before Asking me to set remote control function - Off, Master or Slave (as well as password) I have searched and this isn't a screen anyone has mentioned before. I go to controller calibration, still doesn't allow for calibration as I'm connected to the Aircraft (I'm not, It's off).

4) I re-update the firmare and go to About in the App to find the latest settings and these are they:
App 3.1.11
Version 1.2.0.12

5) Now, when I try to log on using the App, I now have to pick Phantom 3 Pro (which doesn't come on with a blue camera icon - it's still grey) and then I come back out to the home page to look at firmare (as when I get to the control screen in the App it says firmware needs updating) so I press the home button and now the App thinks it's an Inspire it's connected to... Blue Camera Icon and all!!! The Aircraft suggests it is connected to the controller by the green light at the back of the gimble but no sign of that in the App as it's as good as useless... And, yes I have tried a manual firmare upgrade, the old way before firmware was upgraded by the App.

I could probably go to Litchi I know but the beeping won't be fixed by that and to be honest I'm a little wary as the DJI Go App has already fudged up it seems...

I use drones professionally after having a series of connectivity and flight distance issues early on with the Phantom 3 4k which I sold just 3 weeks ago for this Professional model, I got about 8 hours of perfect flight time (long distance, great camera connectivity and excellent camera shots) before installing the firmware and have not been able to use it since.

Phantom Pilots, what can be done??? The incessant beeping is seriously annoying!

Kind Regards,
Natalie
Welcome to the forum. Sorry you are having issues.

Remote control function - Off, Master or Slave - are related to an Inspire so you shouldnt see that for your P3P.

Also, the versions you listed sound strange.
For example, we dont normally see a "+" for RC firmware and the latest is 1.9.3 for a P3P RC. Can you please double check that or better yet post a screen shot of your about screen?

What do you mean when you say, "when going on the DJI Go App before 4?" Just want to clarify that you are not trying to use DJI GO 4.

What issues were you seeing with your P3P which led you to want to change FW?

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
I'm having the same display on my P3P. Have you figured out a solution yet? No video or camera controls, no errors and the dji logo in the center of the screen

Hi all, thanks for all the replies, it's a Phantom 3 Pro, which is why the comment just above that makes it think it's an inspire is worrying...
The reason I changed the Fw was there was a message in the DJI go app telling me that I had to, prior to that, no issue [emoji53] I'm using the products before 4 app, not the Phantom 4 app...
I'll try to grab a screen shot of both the blank camera view and the App version when I get home...

Thanks for replying, Natalie

Okay, so I manually updated the firmware on the AC, all good there, the controller will not upgrade though, it thinks it's an inspire controller and it won't upgrade... Aaaarrrggghhh!

I am able to get mine to work now. I do it in this order:

1. Plug device to controller

2. Turn on controller
(App should load and say "Controller connected. Connect to your device.")

3. Power up aircraft
(App should say "Camera" in blue.)

Hope this helps. :)

Had to bite the bullet and send the controller off to be fixed, an hour on the customer service live chat to the Netherlands and it was deemed that it had an aversion to uploading new FW and has an identity crisis, lol hopefully have it back by Christmas [emoji53]

I am able to get mine to work now. I do it in this order:

1. Plug device to controller

2. Turn on controller
(App should load and say "Controller connected. Connect to your device.")

3. Power up aircraft
(App should say "Camera" in blue.)

Hope this helps. :)
I'd have loved it if the camera icon went blue for a Phantom, it doesn't, it goes blue for an inspire and it still has the incessant beeping [emoji44]

I recently got a hold of a P3P, software said I needed to upgrade, after the upgrade it too, started thinking it was an Inspire. Tried umpteen times to re-install the FW. Gave in, bit the bullet and handed it in to a shop thinking it was just the FW. Turned out the FW upgrade screwed up the camera. Ended up buying a new camera and gimbal assembly, works ok now, but needless to say not to impressed with DJI. Came across this thread No image transmission signal - P3P. Once I get the USB to TTL FT232RL board I'm hoping I can bring the old camera/gimbal assembly back to life.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Firstly it important to understand I am not a noob and have done an awful lot to try to rectify the issues I am getting at the moment since I upgraded last week..

App 3.1.11
Version 1.2.0.12

Kind Regards,
Natalie

App 3.1.11
Version 1.2.0.12

Kind Regards,
Natalie
Sorry
I'd have loved it if the camera icon went blue for a Phantom, it doesn't, it goes blue for an inspire and it still has the incessant beeping [emoji44][/QU

Sorry I don't have a solution. I just want to state how sick and tired I am about the never ending firmware update scandal. I honestly believe that DJI sees its customers as the enemy. Poor business model.

Reactions: flyit
I'd have loved it if the camera icon went blue for a Phantom, it doesn't, it goes blue for an inspire and it still has the incessant beeping [emoji44]

I am rather new to Dji drones but had no issues with updates on my P3A. So maybe I am adding useless noise here. But when I read the above, I wondered if maybe you have to re-link the controler with the quad. Once I had to do this after an update. Just mentioning it.

I had all kinds of problems ever since the Firmware update. I tried to roll my P4 back but no luck ultimately grounding it. I sent it to DJI and they had to upgrade the Camera board! I never crashed it and it was in pristine condition, but the Camera card was bad. I couldn't get muc more out of them, but I am wondering with the added firmware options, the original P4's hardware was not set up for the upgrade? Just a thought. I will report back when the P4 returns and a get a test flight in.

C05E5FC3-2DC1-479D-9077-460D9264C651.png
Your release versions above DON’T seem to be consistent with the latest info on DJI’s site. See attachment:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31