Reaction score
Where can I send my son's P3 advanced to be fixed.

He had to have the gimbal re-threaded & now gets Aircraft, Battery, & Gimbal update firmware warnings.

We live in upstate NY (Albany)

Thanks,

They are some YouTube videos that you can watch on firmware updates. Just search firmware updates for your specific phantom model, it isn't hard to do yourself just follow the steps in the videos.

burtg

Where can I send my son's P3 advanced to be fixed.

He had to have the gimbal re-threaded & now gets Aircraft, Battery, & Gimbal update firmware warnings.

As mentioned, if this is actually just a needed firmware update, it's not something you can/need to send out for. You just do it yourself. You basically put the firmware file on the SD card and put the SD card into the drone. It's important that you follow all the actual steps excactly though.

Start the drone and controller up. Where it says "safe to fly" on top of the screen... Tap that and then it will take you to an option for a firmware upgrade. Very simple to do

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ah ok.... Format the sd card using the DJI go app and try again as their will be an option to do so then restart the firmware upgrade. This happened to me once a few weeks ago so I know how frustrating it can be. But it's not a massive problem... You will get it done I promise

Awesome! Thank you. I'll try that & let you know hiw it turns out.

Sent from my VS987 using PhantomPilots mobile app
How did it turn out. My phantom is turned off but I included a screen shot on where you need to tap when you turn your one on. When you click here it will take you to an option to do the firmware.
1481859345565.png

How did it turn out. My phantom is turned off but I included a screen shot on where you need to tap when you turn your one on. When you click here it will take you to an option to do the firmware. View attachment 70988

Thanks, I actually didn't know how to do it through DJI app. Going to try tomorrow...... Stay tuned

thank you

Reactions: Neon Euc
Your welcome. It's daunting at first.... But you would be amazed at how easy it is. Oh... And one more thing... After you updated... If you have a spare battery put that in and don't do anything as it will automatically update. It will make a few noises and doesn't really tell you when it's finished unless you look at the screen on the phone.

And once update is complete.... A lot of people including myself tend to recalibrate the compass before we fly (just the once ) after the update. Make sure your away from metal objects too [emoji4]

Lol extra battery is always handy to have... One battery is never enough lol. But make sure everything is fully charged before the update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic