Need Help With Phantom 3 Advanced

Reaction score
Hi All,
Someone had gifted my father a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced about 6-7 years ago, and since then it has sat unused, and yesterday he le gave it to me. The controller was charged, although the main battery was not able to charge, I ordered a replacement which arrived earlier today,

I charged both, powered on the controller and drone, this resulted in a green light on the controller and it could control the camera. It would not connect to the app though, it just kept giving the option to "learn how to connect".

I did a little bit of searching and saw that it could be that the firmware was updated, and since the drone was never used and purchased a while ago, I figured it would be a good place to start. I downloaded the zip file from DJI, put it on the SD card and inserted into the Gimbal, the light was flashing red/green for a while, then just solid green while making a beeping sound, D-DD.

I tried to update the firmware of the controller using a USB drive, and the light did not turn blue.

Now I tried to connect everything to the app again, except the controller is blinking red/green on the first light.

I am not sure where to go from here... I will try to put the log file, it says the last time it was modified was 2013, so maybe the update didn't work?. Thank you in advance for your help! I was hoping this would be a great way to get into drones, but so far it's been a bit frustrating.

The Drone is Model w322a
controller - gl300a
I tried the GJI GO App on a Iphone 12 mini, and Samsung A7 Tablet

Reactions: BillyN
Thank you for following up, I was not able to get past the "how to connect" part if I selected Phantom 3 advanced. If I selected the first drone, Inspire, then it would let me connect, but the main userinterface was just a grey screen in the background and the top said disconnected.

BY the way, my father confirmed the drone was gifted to him in 2015, so that's the firmware that should have been on it. I was the first person to actually take it out of the box.

Hi All, thanks for letting me join. I need some help to get set up with a Phantom 3 Advanced. I have a decent background in electronics, although more on the hardware side, and I do field service for a job so I’ll try to be as detailed as possible.
My dad received a new Phantom 3 Advanced (with GL300A) as a gift back in 2015, and since then it has sat in storage until last week he gave it to me as I would like to get into drones.
First thing I did was try to charge the battery and control, the controller charged, but the battery did not, so I ordered a replacement from Amazon which arrived and successfully charged.
Next I downloaded the Go app and tried to connect everything. The controller had a green LED followed by white, and I was able to move the camera around. I was not able to connect though, the app just gave the option “learn how to connect” which I did multiple times without luck. This was the same using either a Samsung a7 or IPhone 12 mini. The tablets did charge when connected.
I did some brief searching and saw that it could be a firmware issue, or possibly a hardware issue with the USB port.
I downloaded the most recent firmware from DJI, unzipped it, placed it in the root of the micro SD, and started the drone. After about 20 minutes the LED on the gimbal was solid green and the drone was making a pattern of 3 beeps, so I thought it was complete. This is where I am at now, and am not sure how to proceed.
Currently, when I power on the drone, it does the self check, then the two front? loghts are solid red, the back two strobe between green/yellow/red, the LED on the gimbal is solid green, and it beeps non stop beep-beep.
When I power on the controller, the first light strobes red/green and the rest are white.
I tried to manually bind the controller, but nothing changed. I tried to update the controller firmware using a USB stick, and by using a cable to the gimbal, but nothing changed.
Please, any help guidance is very much appreciated…

Attachments

• P3S_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 77
  • P3S_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    945 bytes · Views: 72
  • Sad
Reactions: MerckxBh
Hi All, thanks for letting me join. I need some help to get set up with a Phantom 3 Advanced. I have a decent background in electronics, although more on the hardware side, and I do field service for a job so I’ll try to be as detailed as possible.
My dad received a new Phantom 3 Advanced (with GL300A) as a gift back in 2015, and since then it has sat in storage until last week he gave it to me as I would like to get into drones.
First thing I did was try to charge the battery and control, the controller charged, but the battery did not, so I ordered a replacement from Amazon which arrived and successfully charged.
Next I downloaded the Go app and tried to connect everything. The controller had a green LED followed by white, and I was able to move the camera around. I was not able to connect though, the app just gave the option “learn how to connect” which I did multiple times without luck. This was the same using either a Samsung a7 or IPhone 12 mini. The tablets did charge when connected.
I did some brief searching and saw that it could be a firmware issue, or possibly a hardware issue with the USB port.
I downloaded the most recent firmware from DJI, unzipped it, placed it in the root of the micro SD, and started the drone. After about 20 minutes the LED on the gimbal was solid green and the drone was making a pattern of 3 beeps, so I thought it was complete. This is where I am at now, and am not sure how to proceed.
Currently, when I power on the drone, it does the self check, then the two front? loghts are solid red, the back two strobe between green/yellow/red, the LED on the gimbal is solid green, and it beeps non stop beep-beep.
When I power on the controller, the first light strobes red/green and the rest are white.
I tried to manually bind the controller, but nothing changed. I tried to update the controller firmware using a USB stick, and by using a cable to the gimbal, but nothing changed.

I have found that some USB cables do not work connecting to the phamtom transmitter, while they seem to work on other products. Try a different USB connector. YOu need to power up the transmitter first, followed by the drone. Take off the props to see if you can get the power to the motors. The manual is too big to attach to see the flashing light pattern. You will have to downloadload the manual. This also contains info on all the switched you need to understand before flying.

Remote Controller Status LED The Status LED reflects the strength of the connection between the remote controller and the aircraft. The RTH LED indicates the Return-to-Home status of the aircraft. The table below contains more information about these indicators. RTH LED Status LED strong weak 28 © 2015 DJI. All Rights Reserved. Remote Controller Phantom 3 Advanced User Manual Status LED Alarm Remote Controller Status — Solid Red Chime The remote controller is disconnected from the aircraft. — Solid Green Chime The remote controller is connected to the aircraft. Slow Blinking Red D-D-D...... Remote controller error. / Red and Green/ Red and Yellow Alternate Blinks None HD downlink is disrupted. RTH LED Sound Remote Controller Status — Solid White Chime Aircraft is returning home. Blinking White D . . . Sending Return-to-Home command to the aircraft. Blinking White DD .. .. .. Return-to-Home procedure in progress. The Remote Status Indicator will blink red, sound an alert, when the battery level is critically

Aircraft Status Indicator Description Normal Red, Green and Yellow Flash Alternatively Turning On and Self-Checking Green and Yellow Flash Alternatively Aircraft Warming Up Green Flashes Slowly Safe to Fly (P-mode with GPS and Vision Positioning) X2 Green Flashes Twice Safe to Fly (P-mode with Vision Positioning but without GPS) Yellow Flashes Slowly Safe to Fly (A-mode but No GPS and Vision Positioning) Warning Fast Yellow Flashing Remote Controller Signal Lost Slow Red Flashing Low Battery Warning Fast Red Flashing Critical Battery Warning Red Flashing Alternatively IMU Error — Solid Red Critical Error Red and Yellow Flash Alternatively Compass Calibration Required Return-to-Home (RTH) The Return-to-Home (RTH) function brings the aircraft back to the l

Do all the above and check if your android or iOS devices are compatible here Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help plus I made a video regarding connecting issues if your devices are compatible, keep in mind you're not using a charging cable.
After connecting to inspire you should be able to have the Phantom 3 Advanced login access, well at least that happened to me with Phantom 3 Professional when I bought a new Samsung S10e phone

Reactions: RodPad
I'm new here, is your name "Rene"

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20