Reaction score
While my fiancé is excited she just got engaged and has a shiny ring, I'm excited I was able to pull off capturing it all with my Phantom 3 Pro :)

Here is a 2.5 minute cut:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was able to make her think I had to shoot some aerial footage (for video production I do with a nature conservancy in Central Michigan). She came along so I'd have company on the long car ride. When we got there, I flew the drone around a bit, getting footage of the scenery, then when we arrived in an open meadow amongst the woods, I set the drone to "point of interest" mode and had it commence circling us, then popped the big question.

Technical notes: it was 15 degrees (Fahrenheit) out and had I not traveled with the drone and batteries inside the heated car, I would not have been able to do this flight. Battery drained quicker than normal and I was only able to get one 17-minute flight in; I pulled off the big question as battery was down to about 25% and App was beeping at me. Second battery was too cold to even fly, so glad I didn't waste time on getting my job done! I see the point of those battery heaters better now.

I shot in D-Log and used a PolarPro ND8 filter on this, but considering all the snow cover and sunlight, I wish I'd had higher ND filter to achieve a lower shutter speed (more "film" like). The bulge in the back of my jacket is from my shoulder bag that included extra props and a battery just in case I needed it while out in nature.

Music is from YouTube's royalty free music library - there's actually a lot of great stuff on there that is totally free to use, some with and some without attribution required!

Thanks for watching and thanks for all making this community so fantastically useful and fun.

While my fiancé is excited she just got engaged and has a shiny ring, I'm excited I was able to pull off capturing it all with my Phantom 3 Pro :)

Here is a 2.5 minute cut:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was able to make her think I had to shoot some aerial footage (for video production I do with a nature conservancy in Central Michigan). She came along so I'd have company on the long car ride. When we got there, I flew the drone around a bit, getting footage of the scenery, then when we arrived in an open meadow amongst the woods, I set the drone to "point of interest" mode and had it commence circling us, then popped the big question.

Technical notes: it was 15 degrees (Fahrenheit) out and had I not traveled with the drone and batteries inside the heated car, I would not have been able to do this flight. Battery drained quicker than normal and I was only able to get one 17-minute flight in; I pulled off the big question as battery was down to about 25% and App was beeping at me. Second battery was too cold to even fly, so glad I didn't waste time on getting my job done! I see the point of those battery heaters better now.

I shot in D-Log and used a PolarPro ND8 filter on this, but considering all the snow cover and sunlight, I wish I'd had higher ND filter to achieve a lower shutter speed (more "film" like). The bulge in the back of my jacket is from my shoulder bag that included extra props and a battery just in case I needed it while out in nature.

Music is from YouTube's royalty free music library - there's actually a lot of great stuff on there that is totally free to use, some with and some without attribution required!

Thanks for watching and thanks for all making this community so fantastically useful and fun.
Awesome! I did the same thing for my fiance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.