DJI will soon be offering an HDMI out for the P3 remote

I'm happy to see this. It will be much cheaper than buying an Inspire 1 controller and seems like an easy install. Here's to hoping they release it within the next few months.

I'm curious if you can remove the output board from an Inspire 1 controller and add it to a P3 controller after seeing this. I didn't realize how easy it would be to disassemble.

I'm holding off until someone releases a good 720p set but the cinemizers seem to be right up there, pricey.

Does this mean this will be inclusive in the P3 package for future versions of P3 or will it be an addon provided for P3 users

I'm holding off until someone releases a good 720p set but the cinemizers seem to be right up there, pricey.

those new 'headplay' HD things look to be great value but lack of head tracker if you wanted to use them with anything else that needed the feature? that is what is holding me off getting a set. they are around half the price of HD fatsharks, but a bit weird looking like a sort of extended scuba mask. look for the 'flite test' review on youtube

Yeah they're way too big and clumsy looking and it doesn't work off 2 separate screens. The Zeiss VR ONE look interesting and only $99. Kinda like the Samsung note vr but the dji app will have to be in stereoscopic
http://vrone.us/

Along with the strange interview with the CEO and now this it's really showing to me at how much of a rush they were in to get the p3 out to market rather than just waiting until everything was ready.
DJI worked the media well and now most likely, as planned, released the HDMI feature-upgrade after the post media hype blew over. This makes for a lot less Inspire 1 negative press residue lingering on the web. The logic-reality is... the P3 having hdmi output does not greatly affect the Inspire 1 marketplace. In fact, it strengthens DJI marketshare-hand with feature consistency across the two product lines.

If you own a P2V+... the rest removed from this post... I meant no offense.​

Last edited:
DJI worked the media well and now most likely, as planned, released the HDMI feature-upgrade after the post media hype blew over. This makes for a lot less Inspire 1 negative press residue lingering on the web. The logic-reality is... the P3 having hdmi output does not greatly affect the Inspire 1 marketplace. In fact, it strengthens DJI marketshare-hand with feature consistency across the two product lines.

If you own a P2V+...
Anyone interested to get a lot more out of their P2V+; please keep an eye out...
The P3 or Inspire 1 won't come close to where a P2V+ can go enabled by a new category called RDT.​
Whoa, what the hell? was your post just a blatant plug for your RDT??? Please don't ever quote any of my posts again in a feeble attempt to hijack and shamelessly promote your new in the works product. I probably would have looked into it if you hadn't gone about it in such a sneaky way, but now I will never have the time of day for you or it. Have more manners in future.

Well it is good to know that some one will not have to go buy an inspire 1 remote to get the hdmi out option with the p3.

You are right.
I've been over excited with recent results. I'll tone it down.

My first paragraph actually about the thread topic.... I think is how DJI actually designed their release of the hdmi option.

Ok, I have a question about these............... If you already have the FPV on the tablet or IPAD then why do you want the face-piece? My Tablet has HDMI out and I don't even want the face piece. I want to be able to see my copter as much as I can and I have more options, views, etc... than any face piece can provide.

I just am wondering if it is a cool thing for you or what?

Regards...................

some people like to fly FPV only, looking down at a screen that is not the easiest to see in daylight isn't necessarily the best option for some people, but as mentioned before by someone there can be a little lag in Lightbridge and it isn't the best option for fast FPV flying. at least with FPV left on the stick is left in your view etc etc, no orientation issues to catch you out, just depth perception.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1