Dji Phantom 3 Long Range World Record 7209 METERS - 4.47 MILES - 23 651 FEET

This was just a few feet below 9 miles in a straight line distance, which would be great for an Ambulance Drone with a Defib unit that could be used by civilians. I know the Defib unit would add some extra weight and all that, but some day we will have Ambulance Drones that can be dispatched from set locations all around a city or county and provide Emergency Response to an accident thereby by providing live Video feed for doctors to see in real time even before the EMT's show up.
Yeah soon it can be possible but at least we need 5 years more for better equipment and %100 safe system.

@domdoha Teşekkür ederim hocam. Yeni ve gelişime açık bir teknolojik alanda böyle güzel şeylerle ülkemizi duyurmak boynumuzun borcu :)

@ATPhoto you could do it with google maps too hehe but great page :)

@Bret Lucas these things can fly more then we know but i don't recommend to play with its original setup. Dji try's to make them easy and safe to fly. If you do something wrong in system you can cause really serious accidents.

------
and Thank you for everyone who comments :)

Tebrik ederim iyi cesaret ve beceri.Bende yeni bir P3 kullanıcısıyım fakat kullanım hakkında bilmediğim şeyler var.İnternetten çok fazla bilgi edinemedim bu konuda yardımcı olabilecek bir kaynak varmıdır.Veya bu formda Türkiyeden kişiler varmıdır.Kullanım hakkınd bilgi alabileceğim.

Barış ERER

Very nice! Just pulled off 5.1 mile flight on my P3 two days ago im excited to beat my own this coming wknd.
Screenshot_2015-07-01-09-28-49-1.png

Yes, it was stock controller. Original box setup, no boosters. It will sound crazy but i can make it 8000meters one way i am %100 sure because i had more %8 just check mini map i couldn't fly in one line. If someone breaks this record I'm going to try 8000meters :) but it is really risky i was lucky this time.
Youhave to be careful, at 8km you cant make it all the way back. I had to force land 1000ft early due to 2% battery remaining. Thats why i flew where i flew. Down a dirt road with no activity.

Soon i will prepare some tutorials for newbies about screen recording with non jailbreak Apple products, using laptop as a fpv monitor and other useful things

Hi Sercan, I really want to fly using my laptop as a fpv monitor, but I discovered most laptops don't have the micro-usb in-port. I managed to get the dji pilot app running using VirtualMachine tho. Can you please tell me how you did it? Thanks in advance :)

When I first read this thread I was amazed at the distance people are flying....I keep my close to home as I'm using it primarily as a flying tripod for still photography. I was interested to see how far 4.47 miles is from where I live, and I use this website that allows you to view on google maps any distance in a straight line, and thought others might find it fun as well to see where you would get to if you flew 4.47 miles from home....
http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-distance-calculator.htm
Cool calculator! Milestones around my house are much closer than I thought! Also illustrated how difficult it could be to find a downed bird that was flying at those ranges, at least in my area, but I'm sure I'll have opportunities to push the distance a bit in the right venue.

Youhave to be careful, at 8km you cant make it all the way back. I had to force land 1000ft early due to 2% battery remaining. Thats why i flew where i flew. Down a dirt road with no activity.

Well i got you with 5.1 miles so start planning! I did mine in the everglades but i went straight line above a 3 mile road so i could land on this road on the way back if i didnt make it.

I have both a Phantom 3 and an Inspire 1, getting similar range on both, the farthest distance I was able to reach was 1670 meters (5500 feet) with the I1and around 1550 meters with the P3. At that distance the image starts to break down badly. I get the "No Signal" warning a lot as I approach that distance and it happened to me twice, one on the P3 and once on the I1 I get "Disconnected" and I lose all communications with the aircraft, this lasts about 20 - 30 seconds then signal comes back and I fing the craft in RTH mode. I also noticed that when you turn around (nose in) to return at that distance, the signal is completely lost 1st, then comes back but is much weaker! I always keep the antennas parallel to each other and the perpendicular line to the antennas pointing at the craft, as recommended in the manual!!!! I really don't understand how some of you guys fly to such distances on the stock antennas!!!! Is there a way to know whether I am operating in CE or FCC mode??? I live in Lebanon, all DJI products are smuggled inside this country from various unknown sources so maybe I got CE versions of the I1 and P3???

Tebrik ederim iyi cesaret ve beceri.Bende yeni bir P3 kullanıcısıyım fakat kullanım hakkında bilmediğim şeyler var.İnternetten çok fazla bilgi edinemedim bu konuda yardımcı olabilecek bir kaynak varmıdır.Veya bu formda Türkiyeden kişiler varmıdır.Kullanım hakkınd bilgi alabileceğim.

Barış ERER

Selam, temel konularda yardim etmek isterim. PM atabilirsin bana.

Gee, is Turkey 3 months ahead of the U.S.? He did this in August 2015
I sincerely hope this was sarcasm and not a lack of awareness that we (USA) are one of the few countries that users Month/Day/Year while a substantial portion of the globe uses Day/Month/Year

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers