Dji Phantom 3 Long Range World Record 7209 METERS - 4.47 MILES - 23 651 FEET

This is a very interesting subject, DJI claim they are factory set for there shipping destination and you can take a FCC model and fly it in the EU still set to FCC mode. All Retailers here in the UK have been told the same from DJI, there are 2 very knowledgeable DJI forum techs on forums that have been told they are GPS location set. Seems DJI are telling costumers and retailers different things to the forum techs which doesn't help. Blade did say a while back he would look into this again but to be honest with the distance either model goes and the ranges we have seen this topic really does not matter any more, and was mainly spoke about before the release. Either way they go long long way.

Reactions: Mr.Spock
I do not know what you guys are doing, but I live out in the country and I go up 400 ft and I can not go any further than 4,000 ft and I am losing HD signal and controller signal. I am facing the P3 with ant in a V position. Very disappointed in the distance I am getting. I would like to get the 1.2 mile range this thing is supposed to get. Any ideas?

Hats off to you Sercan ... 14.4km travelled on one battery!!
Right down to 8% battery - right on the limit.
Anyone trying to match this is pushing things right to the edge and could come unstuck.
I won't be trying myself. 2.5 km out to sea and home with 30% left is close enough for me.
But it's interesting to see just what these babies are capable of to give you confidence for ordinary flying.
Well executed at a perfect location with great skill and airmanship.
Since you are in Turkey I wonder if you have an ECC machine too?
Would make a mockery of all the pre-release complaints about low power = low performance P3s for Europe if it is.
Thank you so much. You and other guys messages made me so happy and special thanks for that awesome song. I don't have ECC machine :/ Soon i will prepare some tutorials for newbies about screen recording with non jailbreak Apple products, using laptop as a fpv monitor and other useful things.. and i got lots of messages about controllers antenna position my antennas was like this :
QAaSDy.jpg
:

Reactions: TYCORP
Very Nice!

I do not know what you guys are doing, but I live out in the country and I go up 400 ft and I can not go any further than 4,000 ft and I am losing HD signal and controller signal. I am facing the P3 with ant in a V position. Very disappointed in the distance I am getting. I would like to get the 1.2 mile range this thing is supposed to get. Any ideas?

I'm lucky to get 2200 feet in the same environment would like to know what I'm doing wrong!!!!

I fly on the east coast of North Carolina out on a small island called hammocks beach. I fly yesterday the length of the island over 10000 ft but for some reason if I flew west toward inland then I could only fly about 1000 ft or so. And thats not the first time thats happened,; I used to fly my P2v+ and would get similar results in the same directions. There is no wifi or buildings or anything around for miles, so my guess is being that the military's base is north, kind of in the direction where I get signal loss, that maybe there is a constant band of frequencies traveling in that vicinity. I would try a different spot and be sure to be up at 200 ft in altitude or better for the best connection

I fly on the east coast of North Carolina out on a small island called hammocks beach. I fly yesterday the length of the island over 10000 ft but for some reason if I flew west toward inland then I could only fly about 1000 ft or so. And thats not the first time thats happened,; I used to fly my P2v+ and would get similar results in the same directions. There is no wifi or buildings or anything around for miles, so my guess is being that the military's base is north, kind of in the direction where I get signal loss, that maybe there is a constant band of frequencies traveling in that vicinity. I would try a different spot and be sure to be up at 200 ft in altitude or better for the best connection
Not only metal objects or wifi, buildings also Earth have its own magnetic power inside it. Even sometimes compass can go crazy because of Earths magnet power. Of course your controllers antenna positions are important too

I'm lucky to get 2200 feet in the same environment would like to know what I'm doing wrong!!!!

I'm curious. What exactly happens when one loses connection beyond 2200 (or whatever your particular limit is). You see the red flash on the app, and then? Does the P3 return home immediately; do you somehow regain control to fly back?

I'm curious. What exactly happens when one loses connection beyond 2200 (or whatever your particular limit is). You see the red flash on the app, and then? Does the P3 return home immediately; do you somehow regain control to fly back?

As soon as the app flashes red I pull back on the stick and fly backwards till it goes green. What's weird is mine will go from full signal to red imeditaly no in between. But it does seem the first sight of red on the app still has a good enough signal to control.

It'll pause and wait for input for a few seconds, then come home. You can cancel RTH by hitting the RTH button.

This is a very important thing to understand when flying.
When in doubt .. consult the manual.
i-gcvzpRg-L.jpg

This is a very important thing to understand when flying.
When in doubt .. consult the manual.
i-gcvzpRg-L.jpg
I agree completely, but also, it is not easy to simulate or practice losing control, so it is useful to hear from those who have actually experienced it.

For those of you that are struggling to reach over 5000ft, try repositioning the antennas so that they're pointing perdindicular to the ground when you're holding the RC how you normally would. I believe this is the key to getting the most out of the RC signal. I have gone over 5000ft away on several occasions and have noticed how the RC signal is effected by not having the antennas positioned perfectly. I also often find myself not holding the controller at the correct angle, in order to reduce glare, which I then notice once far enough away and the RC signal begins to fluctuate. As soon as I return the controller to the proper angle, the signal is restored.

For those of you that are struggling to reach over 5000ft, try repositioning the antennas so that they're pointing perdindicular to the ground when you're holding the RC how you normally would. I believe this is the key to getting the most out of the RC signal. I have gone over 5000ft away on several occasions and have noticed how the RC signal is effected by not having the antennas positioned perfectly. I also often find myself not holding the controller at the correct angle, in order to reduce glare, which I then notice once far enough away and the RC signal begins to fluctuate. As soon as I return the controller to the proper angle, the signal is restored.

Will definitely have to give this a try. I keep them parallel with each other and have always tried to keep them pointed towards the bird. But I will try the perpendicular method and see what happens

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik