Hands on experience Phantom 3 - 4K plus Inside the hood Pictures

Send me a link to what your looking at.. A standard ND filter made for a camera wont work, as those are threaded.... Is the front of the lens on the P3 camera threaded?

If the front of the camera isn't threaded then your gonna need to rig something or wait for a vendor to make a filter adapter that fits the P3 camera...

Here is a company that makes ones for the Gopro, p2+ and inspire.

http://polarprofilters.com/shop/shop-by-activity/quadcopter-multi-rotor

I was not looking at a particular one yet, figured i would ask what size to look for first

the p2v+ is set to 120 metres on uk models as this is uk legal max height, it can be changed to unlimited but is highly illegal to do so

I know it can be changed on the model you refer to, its the P3 i was reffering to tho not the P2v+ tho but cheers anyway.

I know it can be changed on the model you refer to, its the P3 i was reffering to tho not the P2v+ tho but cheers anyway.
Yeh I know it was the p3 you was referring to I was just trying to say that the uk p2+ was automatically set to 120 metres out of the box so was wondering if the p3 was set to this out of the box in uk aswell

Internal Pictures

Taking the Phantom 3 apart is a Pain in the Rear. It is worse than trying to take an ipad apart. The new phantom 3 has locking tabs that need to be pushed into release the cover.
The screws are different - no more 2mm Hex and philips. The larger screws need a T8 and the small screw at the tip needs a T6

Hood off with GPS

View attachment 17434
More detail of main board

View attachment 17435

Big Black Box with Ribbon connector

View attachment 17436
Another view - also ESC

View attachment 17437

Gimbal connector

View attachment 17438
Close up of GPS connector

View attachment 17439
Motors

View attachment 17440
Fets on main board

View attachment 17441
Main powe
View attachment 17443

Part 2 to follow

At least they have put some decent gloop at the end of them motor wires on the esc end to stop stress on the solder joints, there learning at last lol

I tried to ask him nicely and was ignored. Sorry that I take NDA very seriously.
I find it interesting that dji jump on this when they have an issue with a p3 being out there when it shouldn't be, but you can send dji 15 emails and messages over 3 days with an issue you have and hear absolutely nothing in return. :mad:

Great to see that DJI reps have time to reply on forums when a demo drone goes public, but refrain from helping by answering questions about batteries, faulty firmware and other things we've been trying to solve in the past.
lol i just posted something very similar. ive emailed support 15 times over the past 3 days about my drone which crashed after a motor or esc failed and had not a word back.

lol i just posted something very similar. ive emailed support 15 times over the past 3 days about my drone which crashed after a motor or esc failed and had not a word back.

Sorry but we dont Handel RMA issue. You have to contact your closes service center.

Sorry but we dont Handel RMA issue. You have to contact your closes service center.
I know and I have 15 times I only had the drone 4 weeks and flew 14 times and it failed and melted 3 out of 4 motors all shorted out I was in shock ive had blade and ar drones and they are still flying after years, I eventually saved the money for a dji and it failed after 4 weeks, im in shock still! but im thinking it was the wire problem of the v3 after reading here, so at least now I know it was a manufacturing problem

Thanks for your reply anyway I will keep trying to get the eu centre to answer me

Yeh I know it was the p3 you was referring to I was just trying to say that the uk p2+ was automatically set to 120 metres out of the box so was wondering if the p3 was set to this out of the box in uk aswell

Sorry, i see what your saying now. I have been told the limit even in GPS is now 500mtrs if you change it to that in the settings.
Sorry if i came across rude, with kids about nagging for things while i type i think i sometimes come across rude to many but don't mean it. The joys of having a fully obsessive hobby i guess while trying to run a everyday family life.

Reactions: dalebb
Sorry, i see what your saying now. I have been told the limit even in GPS is now 500mtrs if you change it to that in the settings.
Sorry if i came across rude, with kids about nagging for things while i type i think i sometimes come across rude to many but don't mean it. The joys of having a fully obsessive hobby i guess while trying to run a everyday family life.
its fine I read mine back and saw how it could have been interpreted differently to what I was asking to lol

If all your trying to do is get rid of prop strobing and jello, then yes.. If your trying to get rid of staccato/frame strobing.. then maybe.. It's all relative to how fast things are moving in frame. If your shooting with the drone flying foreword on a wide lens, then the objects at the edges of frame will be moving the fastest and will be the most likely parts of frame that strobe.. If panning, tilting and or doing a move right or left, then the whole frame is moving almost relatively. To get rid of frame strobing it's a combination of shutter speed, camera movement speed and lens focal length.. I will guarantee that in any situation if you get the shutterspeed down to 1/125th of a second that you will never see any strobing at all at 24-30fps... In mid day direct sun (Noon) a 4 stop ND will get you down to 1/500th of a second at 400ISO.
Great info, thanks

Are there any cosmetic differences?

Cosmetically there is no difference externally between this version and the latest paid for general release. In fact the contents of the packaging are the same. Drawstring bag with propellers, box with charger and another box with tool to tighten props and spare stickers. Controller looks exactly the same. Nothing to distinguish FCC / CE. Unless I perform another 12,000 feet flight I have no way of finding out. Maybe get a fellow pilot to fly in tandem...
Assume there is a FW difference. But anyway I continue to enjoy flying the P3 that I have got so accustomed to.

Prop stalling and IMU self recalibration
I flew it indoors today to test a gimbal guard which did not interfere with the VPS. During an auto land procedure on a raised 'cushion' it tipped over gently .... what was interesting the props did not fight the ground!! - they simply oscillated in the same place once they were jammed when the UAV tipped over. I picked it up and 3 of the props that did not get jammed were stopped as I had performed a CSC but the remaininmg prop was osscilating quietly. I switched off the P3 and restarted it and the screen immediately informed me that the aircraft was performing a IMU calibration itself. I did not initiate the IMU calibrtion. The aircraft is back to normal and props are spinning back as normal. Is this a protection or a thermal protection system? Does it know that the P3 has tipped over?

Reactions: dalebb
Very interesting, would love to hear what blade and Ed say on this subject as im sure they will know. Thanks once again for sharing more info with us. :)

Hi everybody!
I'm new on this thread
I'm thrill waiting for a preordered Ph3Pro.
Is it necessary, "out of the box" to install the
"Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.1.6" already released ?
I've read all 27 pages thread, and i wish to suggest
the video i have realized with a Ph2V+(v.3) all on ETNA Volcano

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I wish you enjoy.
Bye Steve.
(Steven Son on FB)

Castell Coch - first shot at editing with the help of my friend

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The difference in the props between the P2V+ (ver 3) and the P3 is the metal hub liner. on the P2 the props spin on super easy, but the P3 had plastic insert so you need hand tighten. I believe this is due to the air brakes that the p3 uses, you risk a prop spinning off with the metal ones, if it slows the motor to quickly. There are a couple stories floating around that people have used the p2 props on the p3 and when they made an abrupt direction change, a prop spun off mid flight and resulted in a crash

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic