DJI Phantom 2 series Firmware v3.04 has been released.

This has been asked before but I never saw a good answer.
Can you downgrade from latest to 1.08?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

golgotha said:

yeah use a older software assistant!!!

doug86 said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Its a seperate download on the dji site called dataviewer that can now read a .dat file left on the sd card after every flight.
I just tried it an there are no .dat files on the card. ...

mystery so far. Let me know if anyone actually gets data of the SD card. I'm going to try again....

its probably not being written to the card if you dont see it..probably being written to some internal memory within the phantom.

edit..i stand corrected..looks like it is in fact being written to the card.

golgotha said:

Go here: http://droneslinger.com/software.html and download and install Version 1.08. IGNORE any pop up messages from the program that state there is a more recent update, and close that dialogue box. Next, upgrade the phantom like you normally would, except it really does a "downgrade" since you are using the 1.08 version of the app.

tizzl10 said:
doug86 said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Its a seperate download on the dji site called dataviewer that can now read a .dat file left on the sd card after every flight.
I just tried it an there are no .dat files on the card. ...

mystery so far. Let me know if anyone actually gets data of the SD card. I'm going to try again....

its probably not being written to the card if you dont see it..probably being written to some internal memory within the phantom.

no the manual is pretty specific:
3.13 How do I export flight data?
Solution: Flight data includes flight altitude, speed and more. This information allows you and our technical support teams to analyze your aircraft in the event of an issue. Flight data is recorded any time that the aircraft is turned on. To export flight data, go to your SD card's root folder and look for "\FLYOSD\FLY[numbers].dat" and export DAT files to a PC. Refer to “Camera Data Port” (P20) for details on how access the SD card. Flight data is stored as a DAT file and can only be accessed by DJI Data Viewer. This application can be downloaded from www.dji.com.

I have the Data Viewer software downloaded. It doesn't see any .dat files on my card either. Windows doesn't seem 'em, and mac Finder doesn't either. I haven't tried hooking directly to the camera usb yet, that's next...

Dji is not going to disclose to the general public critical flaws that are fixed with a firmware upgrade. This would open a whole can of worms.

Imagine
"Fixed fly away issue that has cost our customers $1300 that we refuse to warranty". Just because dji didn't mention specific issues fixed doesn't mean the firmware doesn't address them

Nope, nothing there either...

p'haps they forgot to put it in the firmware? I wouldn't be surprised.

MattUNI2001 said:
lifo said:
Imagine
"Fixed fly away issue that has cost our customers $1300 that we refuse to warranty".

I definitely loled when I read this.

Better than the change log saying "All your Drones are belong to us"

and after updating they all just fly back to DJI autonomously. When they flyaway, they really are just going home, and when I say home I mean DJI is home not the home location set at take off.

In the case of a "Fly Away" wouldn't one have to find the Phantom to get the SD card out?

To bad it isn't recorded on the ground to tell where it went and what went wrong.

I updated just now and had a little flight in the garden all worked well, remember to re-calibrate after update tho

Screen shot of data viewer , just sitting on my workbench I turned for a couple of min.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 462
So this doesn't apply to the p2 with zenmuse? No data reader in the p2 download section. It would have to record the file to the gopro and I cant see that happening...

MrC said:
So this doesn't apply to the p2 with zenmuse? No data reader in the p2 download section. It would have to record the file to the gopro and I cant see that happening...
No I doubt it will work on your setup, only for the pv2 and pv2+

MrC said:

it's for phantom2 V/V+ only feature... i need to know if there a change for problema like J-Hook and TBE caused by magnetic declination.

MrC said:

AFAIK, the GoPro has exclusive access to the SD card. The Phantom doesn't have access to the file system in the camera to send data and write out what it needs. The P2V/+ is built from the ground up to be fully integrated with the Phantom, so DJI purposely built in the ability for the quad to write data to the card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers