DJI Phantom 2 series Firmware v3.04 has been released.

Reaction score
97f65974b2d5fe007d848767e25f49fd.jpg

Please upgrade your main controller Firmware to v3.04 using the Assistant software v3.0.

Please click http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download to download latest version of assistant.

Overview:

• 1. Main controller firmware updated to: v3.04.

Major New features:

• 1. Stability when carrying heavy payloads improved.
  • 2. Flight restriction database updated.

Major New features:

1. Stability when carrying heavy payloads improved.
2. Flight restriction database updated.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

WTF and about the other problems? like th J - hook and TBE?

Make the aircraft more stable it's a key guys!!!!

Do I need more restrictions? No. Will I be carrying heavier payloads? No. What else is included in this update? Nothing. 3.04 - 3.02 = 2 changes. The database update and heavy payload improvements. I am running 1.08 on my plus = no restrictions = 6 m/s descent speed = less complicated = I feel safer from all the flight control issues and have had 0 problems. I hope I don't live to eat my words.

BlackTracer said:
Do I need more restrictions? No. Will I be carrying heavier payloads? No. What else is included in this update? Nothing. 3.04 - 3.02 = 2 changes. The database update and heavy payload improvements. I am running 1.08 on my plus = no restrictions = 6 m/s descent speed = less complicated = I feel safer from all the flight control issues and have had 0 problems. I hope I don't live to eat my words.

Same here. I definitely don't want to have my descent speed crippled. 1.08 has been very stable for me so far, so I don't see a reason to upgrade yet.

Everyone should update to this latest firmware.

The major point to this update is that the phantom will now record flight data when ever you use it. (some people have added on expensive mods to record flight data)

This will hopefully help diagnose those flyaway issues or power failures etc....
Also if you do have a failure this should provide proof for DJI to replace under warranty.

My guess is they are getting a higher than expected failure rate that they cannot pinpoint the cause without flight data being recorded during flight.
If they are able to pinpoint an issue with the flight data they will then in turn be able to provide another firmware update to address those issues.

+1 MikesTooLz, I fully agree. If you dont upgrade to the latest software you wont ever be able to complain about flyaways, power failures etc...
Its a sure fire way of weeding out the fake faults and the real ones. Think of it like a black box recorder. I'll be upgrading tonight and testing it tomorrow.

BlackTracer said:

How did you downgraded the Vision + to Version 1.08?

BlackTracer said:

Happy that all your flights are safe and everything is working to your liking.
Just make sure that if/when you do have a problem you can sort it out, might not get any sympathy from DJI if you don't upgrade.

BlackTracer said:

I agree 100%. I'd probably consider updating if DJI added a setting to the firmware to bring the Phantom out of gimp-a-copter mode and restore full flight capabilities to permit flying anywhere one chooses. For some, freedom and the ability to use a product that one owns in the manner that one chooses is far more important than a few features that can easily be duplicated (and more) for around $60.

AnselA said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Think of it like a black box recorder. I'll be upgrading tonight and testing it tomorrow.

Why DJI does not mention this "black box" function in the release notes?

They do mention it, and they put software on the website to let use read the data. Right now the software is only for windows and half in Chinese, hopefully they will put up an English and mac version up soon.

Its a seperate download on the dji site called dataviewer that can now read a .dat file left on the sd card after every flight.

flight data is cool but i already have a core2 flytrex on the way..going to stay on the software im on.

I'd expect dji to release something like all warranties are null and void unless you upgrade to this latest update with flight recording and I probably wouldnt blame them

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Its a seperate download on the dji site called dataviewer that can now read a .dat file left on the sd card after every flight.
I just tried it an there are no .dat files on the card. ...

mystery so far. Let me know if anyone actually gets data of the SD card. I'm going to try again....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj