DJI Care Refresh does NOT cover repairs, only replacement

Reaction score
When I bought my P4A in July the only service plan offered was DJI Care Refresh, which I paid $139 to buy. While the info page stated that the aircraft could be replaced for a $99 additional fee, I thought that replacement was an option, and that repairs were covered too. So I crashed and broke off the gimbal and camera.

Now DJI Service tells me that DJI Care Refresh only allows replacement, for the additional fee, and that repair is not an option under the plan. So they already got my $139, but I get nothing for that except the option to pay $99 more to replace my 3 month old aircraft with a refurb.

This comes as a shock, because I thought I was covered for the relatively simple repair/replacement of the gimbal yaw arm and ribbon cable. Now I'm considering whether to buy the parts and do the repair myself or pay the fee and get my bird replaced.

I had a P4 standard last year and got DJI Care for it, which DOES cover repairs or replacement as needed for accidental damage or manufacturer defects.

Has anyone else had this experience with their P4P or P4A?

DJI Service tells me that DJI Care Refresh only allows replacement, for the additional fee
That's how DJI Care Refresh works. Here's the description from the DJI Care Refresh FAQ:

"DJI Care Refresh is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI product. DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your product during normal use. Each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability."

When I bought my P4A in July the only service plan offered was DJI Care Refresh, which I paid $139 to buy. While the info page stated that the aircraft could be replaced for a $99 additional fee, I thought that replacement was an option, and that repairs were covered too. So I crashed and broke off the gimbal and camera.

Now DJI Service tells me that DJI Care Refresh only allows replacement, for the additional fee, and that repair is not an option under the plan. So they already got my $139, but I get nothing for that except the option to pay $99 more to replace my 3 month old aircraft with a refurb.

This comes as a shock, because I thought I was covered for the relatively simple repair/replacement of the gimbal yaw arm and ribbon cable. Now I'm considering whether to buy the parts and do the repair myself or pay the fee and get my bird replaced.

I had a P4 standard last year and got DJI Care for it, which DOES cover repairs or replacement as needed for accidental damage or manufacturer defects.

Has anyone else had this experience with their P4P or P4A?

The repair would cost more than the cost of the $139 replacement.. remember there's part cost and labor involved. Trust me the refurbished units for the p4p/a are brand new and wouldn't even know the difference from a boxed craft or a replacement .

How long do people typically have to wait after shipping the broken drone, before receiving the replacement? The blue and white card promoting DJI Care Refresh that came in the box with my new P4A says "48 hours." on the back side. Is that a promise to ship a replacement within 48 hours of receiving the broken one, or 48 hours after the broken one is received by UPS for return, or what?

I started the process yesterday and shipped the broken bird, with propellers (why?), to DJI Repairs in the original foam case and cardboard shipping box.

How long do people typically have to wait after shipping the broken drone, before receiving the replacement? The blue and white card promoting DJI Care Refresh that came in the box with my new P4A says "48 hours." on the back side. Is that a promise to ship a replacement within 48 hours of receiving the broken one, or 48 hours after the broken one is received by UPS for return, or what?

I started the process yesterday and shipped the broken bird, with propellers (why?), to DJI Repairs in the original foam case and cardboard shipping box.

48 hours after the drone is received at DJI

Then, shipping and return.

Total process due to UPS ground shipment and weekends is about three weeks.

You can upgrade to UPS air which saves 2-3 days, but at your cost.

Reactions: blade strike
So what if one has issues with one's bird. You only want repair. BUT willing to pay. Will they simply go ahead repair the bird?

SECONDLY are there repair shops around the US that will do the repairs as well if we wanted to skip the DJI nonsense?

So what if one has issues with one's bird. You only want repair. BUT willing to pay. Will they simply go ahead repair the bird?

SECONDLY are there repair shops around the US that will do the repairs as well if we wanted to skip the DJI nonsense?
You perhaps could ask that the AC be repaired but at $60/hr +parts and shipping at your cost that’s unlikely to present a more attractive option.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20