Distance and height problems

Hi Guys

I am also trying to upload a flight log from the litchi app from the same day as when i used the dji go app but i keep getting a message : the uploaded file does not have an allowed extension? Any help on this perhaps? Regards

be sure your cellphone on our person(if it is) is in airplane mode with eh wifi turned off. Especially if it has Go or LItchi on it and was previously connected to aircraft. The Phantom wifi can be connected to more than one device at a time creating erratic flights and data.
This was my uneducated guess as well since the flight was out away from other sources and the signal loss happens right away

What complicates this is removing the app and reinstalling (loosing past flight logs). Also you first started with DJI-Go (Stupid Name) and now using Litchi and you made antenna modifications.

I would agree with RodPad that you've introduced a number of variables to the mix, and that could complicate a clear solution.

It is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. Device Model SM-T231, Android Version 4.4.2 Ram 1.5 GB, Processor core 4 core, processor speed 1.20GHz

Although this may not be directly related to your distance problem, I can tell you that those device specs are probably marginal if you're running a current version of the Go or Litchi apps. Although your device is running a quad core, at 1.2 ghz, it's near the bottom end of the performance range. I also doubt that 1.5gb of available memory is enough to adequately support those apps, especially if you're caching video to your device. I see that you're running Android Kit Kat (4.4.2). That version is nearly 4 years old and well behind the more current Android versions in most devices (6.0/7.0/8.0). Your comment that your device went "hey wire" tells me that you're likely experiencing some performance issues now with your current device, although I could be wrong. I had an LG device with specs similar to your device and I experienced growing performance issues as time passed when running the Go app. It got so bad that I finally upgraded to a Galaxy S5 with a 2.5ghz quad core and much more internal memory, and my performance issues disappeared immediately. The Go and Litchi apps are very resource (processor and memory) intensive, and older underpowered devices can be overwhelmed by the app demands and struggle to keep up. I seriously doubt that any performance issues you're currently experiencing will improve significantly going forward with your current device given the limited resources available to it. Good luck resolving your distance problem.

Hi Guys

I am also trying to upload a flight log from the litchi app from the same day as when i used the dji go app but i keep getting a message : the uploaded file does not have an allowed extension? Any help on this perhaps? Regards
The litchi uses .csv, this web sight probably wont except that.
You may have to use the DJI Flight Log Viewer, you use browse to pick the file you want to upload, then click on upload log. I suppose you could rename the .csv to a .txt to upload here, then one of us would change it back to .csv and we would then uploaded to log viewer. Haven't tried that method yet.

Rod

"Your flight altitude and distance have been limited to 30 m and 50 m, respectively. Please try again after restarting. Do not fly beyond this range."
This message at 7minutes 37 seconds feels like compass issue, IMU or some other issue. It telling you it doesn't like something. If you havent tried, do a IMU calibration, and then a compass calibration in a area well away from concrete, power lines, etc. And make sure your cellphone is on airplane mode and Litchi and Go have been force stopped prior to flying.

"Your flight altitude and distance have been limited to 30 m and 50 m, respectively. Please try again after restarting. Do not fly beyond this range."
This message at 7minutes 37 seconds feels like compass issue, IMU or some other issue. It telling you it doesn't like something. If you havent tried, do a IMU calibration, and then a compass calibration in a area well away from concrete, power lines, etc. And make sure your cellphone is on airplane mode and Litchi and Go have been force stopped prior to flying.

This is not the case,

Please set yours to 30 m and 50 m, try it and upload your log your unit will not say signal loss or go into RTH.

I dare you to prove me wrong.

Rod

Agreed that it has nothing to do with the IMU or Compass.
I understand folks want to help but this is a case of not understanding what these components do.

If the aircraft is stable, flies straight, and responds to controls properly it is something else.

Reactions: RodPad
To help the OP out that he does or does not have 30m/50m limit. Set yours to these limits, go fly to the limits, then upload your flight so we can all see your results.

No Fun Flying a F*Fantom.

Rod

As I mentioned above, issues with the 30/50m restrictions appear frequently on this site. Just search that topic and you'll find numerous postings. The restrictions seem to appear after performing updates, although that may or may not be the real issue. In an effort to provide some assistance, I offer this thread posted by @msinger which I believe speaks to this issue...

Flight altitude & distance limits

As I mentioned above, issues with the 30/50m restrictions appear frequently on this site. Just search that topic and you'll find numerous postings. The restrictions seem to appear after performing updates, although that may or may not be the real issue. In an effort to provide some assistance, I offer this thread posted by @msinger which I believe speaks to this issue...

Well I think I may have seen that thread. :rolleyes:

Post #19 of that thread is my point.
He was receiving a message. "I quickly received the "maximum altitude reached" at 100''.

The OP is not a getting a "Maximum, etc Reached".
He is getting a signal loss and RTH. :eek:

Rod

Understood. I saw that as something else and offered up a possible solution, but I'm here to learn as well.
Yeah, I really get wound up on this signal issue, it so frustrating and been there more than once. ;)

The second time I watched and documented, still couldn't believe it happened again.

Rod

Yeah, I really get wound up on this signal issue, it so frustrating and been there more than once. ;)

Oh, I get it completely. I saw the comments about everything was peachy, him doing updates, then getting the 30/50 limitations after that. I remembered seeing a list of posts claiming the same or very similar issue, so I thought that just might be the situation here. But, again, I'm no expert when it comes to diagnosing/resolving problems with Phantoms, so I'll take my seat. Carry on and I hope you solve this.

Hum, took a look at Post# 53

I skimmed through that thread but went back to read #53.

Not sure what to make of it all. One thing that caught my attention in that thread was this comment from Waylander...

was I restricted to 50 Mtrs range.... YES, did I have to log out of the DJI account... YES, when I logged back in was the range restriction lifted.... YES

But, again, I'm reading this as an imposed range restriction, which is likely not the real issue. I'll leave this up to the experts to solve.

Hi Rod

Just to respond on this question so long, It is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. Device Model SM-T231, Android Version 4.4.2 Ram 1.5 GB, Processor core 4 core, processor speed 1.20GHz
The type of tablet will not affect your distance or altitude but...I have the exact same tablet running 3.1.3 this is the last version that the tablet can run as GO4 (I have a P4) will not run in the tablet.
3.1.3 is stable as long as all notifications are off, auto updates off, delete or disable all unused apps, do not cache video in the tablet, after your maps are loaded turn off wifi or go into airplane mode. I use mine only for flying and it's also android 4. I also have a nvidia K1 (don't) but that's another story.

Reactions: RodPad
Hi guys
Just a final reply to all your responses.I went ahead and deleted everything dji app and litchi. I then installed firmware v 1.5.70, dji go app version 3.1.30. Launched it again this morning.I have full control of the drone and my display on the tablet is fine.I calibrate and all and when i launch everything seems fine but once it starts flying away everything goes to N/A on the display.At least this time i could clearly see it flew further and higher than lately but then i got the message disconnect and the it returned.Once it landed i turned everything off,logged out and started the hole process again and exactly the same as previously. I honoustly think the problem is not lying with tablet issues and rather going to send it in for repairs than having to keep carrying on shooting in the dark and getting more and more frustrated.Thanks for your inputs anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20