Flight altitude & distance limits

hopefully I can fly without restrictions in remote areas with no cell signal or wifi!
You should be fine as long as you don't manually log out of DJI GO while in one of those remote areas.

I just received my P3 4K back from Drone Nerds having decided not to have work done. They returned the drone with the firmware updated. (They forgot to remove the sd card as proof). I took off from a street in front of a home I was shooting. While aloft I walked to the back yard when all of a sudden the above-mentioned restrictions appeared. This never happened before the update. Needless to say, Drone Nerds has yet to respond to this unauthorized action.

I am in the dji app, it shows " how to connect". I connected to the drone. where do I go to unlock restrictions?

If you're running the latest firmware, you'll be restricted to a height of 30 meters (98 feet) and a distance of 50 meters (164 feet) when not logged into the DJI GO app. That's mentioned in the Phantom release notes here:

View attachment 85733

This change is explained in great detail in this video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you're already logged into DJI GO, log out and back in again. You can log out in the following section of DJI GO:

View attachment 85466

Once logged back in again, your login information will be stored locally on your mobile device and you should be able to fly without restriction (even when disconnected from the Internet). If you find that not to be the case, then uninstall DJI GO and reinstall it.

FYI, there is currently a known issue in DJI GO that reapplies these restrictions after switching to a new battery without restarting DJI GO. To work around this issue, you'll need to shut down DJI GO, swap batteries, and start DJI GO again.
Ok thank you that would explain why it worked and then didn't.I will log in and out with each battery..

This is what works for me:
I start in DJI Go, fly straight up to the 30m restriction, then switch to litchi app, fly up another couple ft, switch back to DJI Go and there's no more restrictions.

Many thanks for the info , I will try re installing DJI go . I still maintain my bigest mistake was updateing in the first place. I have two P3P machines and never had a problem in two years.

I'm a sailor too and part of my plans was to use follow me while we sailed.....the GPS point can be a mile different after 20 min......but in GPS mode...ive found it pretty easy to man the controls and land her in the cockpit......talking less than 10k wind

Hi Guys
may I add my 2 cents, as far as DJI are concerned, we are all "Crash test dummies", why do they need to thoroughly test their software.... do the minimum, put it out there, watch the forums, and hey presto their in depth testing gets done for them by us, the Mugs.
I again had this same problem, restricted range....., had I logged out..... NO, had I reinstalled the DJI Go app... NO, had I upgraded the P3P firmware...NO, when I checked, did the Go app on my iphone tell me that I was logged in YES.... was I restricted to 50 Mtrs range.... YES, did I have to log out of the DJI account... YES, when I logged back in was the range restriction lifted.... YES.
So my conclusion DJI, logged me out, or forgot I was logged in, this was not a megga problem because I had still had 3g connectivity on my iphone, but what if I had driven for miles to a location where there was no 3g, I would not have been able to fly the mission I wanted too.
I would then have had to drive back to a location where I could get 3g so that I could log out and then in again to my DJI account, what a load of CRAP....
DJI you are a model aircraft manufacturer, not a geo-political organisation, responsible for policing the world, apply what restrictions you need in your oppressed country, but treat the rest of the free world as such.....
Disgruntled Waylander

Reactions: rodgerbwg
Hi Guys
may I add my 2 cents, as far as DJI are concerned, we are all "Crash test dummies", why do they need to thoroughly test their software.... do the minimum, put it out there, watch the forums, and hey presto their in depth testing gets done for them by us, the Mugs.
I again had this same problem, restricted range....., had I logged out..... NO, had I reinstalled the DJI Go app... NO, had I upgraded the P3P firmware...NO, when I checked, did the Go app on my iphone tell me that I was logged in YES.... was I restricted to 50 Mtrs range.... YES, did I have to log out of the DJI account... YES, when I logged back in was the range restriction lifted.... YES.
So my conclusion DJI, logged me out, or forgot I was logged in, this was not a megga problem because I had still had 3g connectivity on my iphone, but what if I had driven for miles to a location where there was no 3g, I would not have been able to fly the mission I wanted too.
I would then have had to drive back to a location where I could get 3g so that I could log out and then in again to my DJI account, what a load of CRAP....
DJI you are a model aircraft manufacturer, not a geo-political organisation, responsible for policing the world, apply what restrictions you need in your oppressed country, but treat the rest of the free world as such.....
Disgruntled Waylander

I went through the same issue a couple of weeks ago (haven't flown since) The Go App told me I was in Class C Airspace and I was not. I hold a Part 107 License and checked my Sectional Map and coordinates and I was approx. 1/2 mile out of C. You may think 1/2 mile isn't much, but if an Airplane was 1/2 mile short of the runway I would think that was a bit of a problem. What really gets me is that DJI advertises all of the great things their products do, distance, height, location, etc. they take your money and then they restrict you from using the features that you bought it for. Then they invade your privacy by monitoring what and where you are doing. The reason the Military stopped using them. The Military was right in their decision making. I think it is time for a Class Action Suit. I want my money back. I use this for work and to generate an income. I am disgusted and feel very let down. I have to agree with your words and thoughts on their Policing Policies.

I flew Saturday and RTH kicked in at just 349 feet. New location for me. My Airdata UAV log shows 100% signal strength the whole time, 25 minor signal errors. My DJI log shows signal lost. I cancelled the RTH and sent it back out only for it to happen again. I'm guessing interference as I encountered the red alert initially but moved my take off point until I had green "safe to fly" GPS and 13 sats. Later that day my NVIDIA Shield advised that DJI GO had been updated.

It's all weird at times. I'll take it back to another field I've flown before and see what happens. Having a difficult time learning to trust these things. Learning a lot about RTH, though.

Hi LarBear360

RTH, a fantastic concept, and has probably saved many a drone, but only if the Home point is set correctly. I reckon that many a so called fly-away has been the RTH kicking in, but the OP had not set the home point correctly or it was a previous Home point that was not correctly set. I had a RTH incident this weekend, I took the bird up to 130 mtrs to get a wide area view shot of where I was filming, Next thing got a warning of high electromagnetic interference, ( Could have been a cell tower that I did not know about ), and RTH kicked in, no big deal I had the RTH height set at 50 Mtrs so the drone was descending, it just spoiled the slow yaw shoot I was making, but all I did was cancel it, so no big deal, but I test RTH at the beginning of each shoot at a new location, flown slowly and just far enough away so that I can trigger it, and by the birds reaction it tells me that the correct Home point is set, and it warms the battery up for me.I think RTH is slightly off topic for this post, but as you say learning a lot about RTH can not be a bad thing, it's a great get out of jail card if used correctly.
Waylander

Hi LarBear360

RTH, a fantastic concept, and has probably saved many a drone, but only if the Home point is set correctly. I reckon that many a so called fly-away has been the RTH kicking in, but the OP had not set the home point correctly or it was a previous Home point that was not correctly set. I had a RTH incident this weekend, I took the bird up to 130 mtrs to get a wide area view shot of where I was filming, Next thing got a warning of high electromagnetic interference, ( Could have been a cell tower that I did not know about ), and RTH kicked in, no big deal I had the RTH height set at 50 Mtrs so the drone was descending, it just spoiled the slow yaw shoot I was making, but all I did was cancel it, so no big deal, but I test RTH at the beginning of each shoot at a new location, flown slowly and just far enough away so that I can trigger it, and by the birds reaction it tells me that the correct Home point is set, and it warms the battery up for me.I think RTH is slightly off topic for this post, but as you say learning a lot about RTH can not be a bad thing, it's a great get out of jail card if used correctly.
Waylander

Yup, I agree. That is why I tend to always test everything with GO. At least I hear the lady tell me the home point has been updated. I don't think my issue was related to distance limits or anything like that. Hate to think my Itelite installation is faulty.

I tend to disagree! I deleted DJI GO a year ago and bought Litchi. For a whole year I have not one time been notified that an update was required or suddenly limits were imposed on my Phantom 4 that required me to take some action just to get back flying again! While with Litchi I have had nothing but great response from what many think is a superior flying application with no such requirements imposed!!!

Also I really like being able to sit at my larger desktop computer and create or modify waypoint missions in Mission Hub to be flown anytime on any of my devices.

Any Litchi flyer will tell anyone the same.
Jim
WA5TEF

I tend to disagree! I deleted DJI GO a year ago and bought Litchi. For a whole year I have not one time been notified that an update was required or suddenly limits were imposed on my Phantom 4 that required me to take some action just to get back flying again! While with Litchi I have had nothing but great response from what many think is a superior flying application with no such requirements imposed!!!

Also I really like being able to sit at my larger desktop computer and create or modify waypoint missions in Mission Hub to be flown anytime on any of my devices.

Any Litchi flyer will tell anyone the same.
I fly Litchi whenever I need it's features and will have to use it tomorrow.
And I fly DJI Go most of the time.
Both work well without the non-existent restrictions you are so scared of.

Ok, but flying two apps is similar to use two deferent word processors to type a document. You can get maybe the best if both but it is twice the work. It is good to know that you use Litchi and know it’s features. That sheds a different light on your experience and moderator capabilities!

Good to know. Thanks for that.
Jim
WA5TEF

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.